Home

JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-01-2019, 08:26 AM   #737
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogurtProducer
I just want clarification that literally the only change currently is injuries set to 39?

You got it, thatís all that is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-01-2019, 09:02 AM   #738
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa17211
Hey Josh,

Awesome set as usual. Just curious what are the major differences between running a cloud franchise vs offline?
If you're playing a solo franchise, there is really only one reason to play a cloud franchise and that is if you want to take advantage of the feature to start in a particular week of the season (with the trades and draft picks exchanged). Cloud franchises do advance more quickly from week-to-week, but it's a difference of a few seconds (many other games have far longer load times, so I hardly think that's a big deal). Other people will tout that they get franchise updates (server-based) more quickly - the reality is that, to my knowledge, EA hasn't done any cloud-based tuning/fixes at all this year (and I don't believe they did last year either).

Aside from the obvious that you may encounter server issues, the major downside of a cloud franchise is being able to take control of CPU teams mid-franchise. I believe you cannot do so without having a separate login ID. Sometimes, you have to do some roster 'cleanup' for the CPU as they don't always handle injuries well. Staying offline gives you the flexibility to temporarily take control of a CPU team to make tweaks for them (or, if you just want to do something to create a fun storyline for your franchise).

I have not tested online franchise from a gameplay perspective but some folks I trust have commented that there is little-to-no difference.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:37 AM   #739
Rookie

OVR: 0

Josh, I am new to madden and there is a debate between turning accelerated clock on and turning it off. I have heard accelerated clock results in an uptick of offence and slow clock results in better animations. Can you please tell me what the difference is?
Old 10-01-2019, 12:44 PM   #740
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke5519
Josh, I am new to madden and there is a debate between turning accelerated clock on and turning it off. I have heard accelerated clock results in an uptick of offence and slow clock results in better animations. Can you please tell me what the difference is?
This is a tough debate honestly and I have not played a single game the last couple of years with acc clock on. What I've recommended to others is this; irrespective of the slider set you use, follow the recommendation of that thread because that is very likely how it was tested. Play several games (8-10) with that recommended clock setting and see how it works. Then, if you still feel the need to change it, try your preferred settings and evaluate for yourself which you prefer.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:36 PM   #741
Rookie

ulua's Arena

Hi Josh,
Just wondering if you could advise on the below regarding Ineligible Receiver Downfield?

Thanks,
ulua

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
hey Josh,

Just wanted to say thank for your hard work that you put into your sliders year in and year out.

Sorry if this was already clarified, I've been MIA for a awhile and the last I remember from your early set you advised to turn Ineligible Receiver Downfield ON, is this still the case?

Thanks,
ulua
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 01:49 PM   #742
Rookie

BigPoppa17211's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
If you're playing a solo franchise, there is really only one reason to play a cloud franchise and that is if you want to take advantage of the feature to start in a particular week of the season (with the trades and draft picks exchanged). Cloud franchises do advance more quickly from week-to-week, but it's a difference of a few seconds (many other games have far longer load times, so I hardly think that's a big deal). Other people will tout that they get franchise updates (server-based) more quickly - the reality is that, to my knowledge, EA hasn't done any cloud-based tuning/fixes at all this year (and I don't believe they did last year either).

Aside from the obvious that you may encounter server issues, the major downside of a cloud franchise is being able to take control of CPU teams mid-franchise. I believe you cannot do so without having a separate login ID. Sometimes, you have to do some roster 'cleanup' for the CPU as they don't always handle injuries well. Staying offline gives you the flexibility to temporarily take control of a CPU team to make tweaks for them (or, if you just want to do something to create a fun storyline for your franchise).

I have not tested online franchise from a gameplay perspective but some folks I trust have commented that there is little-to-no difference.

Thanks for the reply! Seems to me a year or two ago there were some differences in how it played and most folks around here were recommending offline. Iím doing online this year so I can use all the Dolphins picks, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #743
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulua
Hi Josh,
Just wondering if you could advise on the below regarding Ineligible Receiver Downfield?
Thanks,
ulua
Sorry I missed that, no we don't need to bother with it now
Old 10-01-2019, 02:04 PM   #744
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPoppa17211
Thanks for the reply! Seems to me a year or two ago there were some differences in how it played and most folks around here were recommending offline. Iím doing online this year so I can use all the Dolphins picks, lol.
Ha, I started my Dolphins 'chise before they happened. The funny thing is that I too did my own series of trades to gain picks for 2020 (though I kept Tunsil and Minkah - but instead traded Drake, Stills, Parker, and Jones). When the Dolphins started their own fire sale IRL, I thought it was cool because it paralleled exactly what I did but reflected a different approach in terms of the players kept than my own. I had a pretty amazing 2020 draft with all those picks (I used a fictional class as usual) and it has built the foundation of the current roster I have now in 2021.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »