Home

Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-11-2019, 12:37 PM   #169
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
Very good question.

I don't find that it benefits me. Sometimes it appears that the defensive players aren't properly aligned when the auto flip is in effect, though I think that has improved over the last Madden or two.

Bottom line, if I don't need an assist to be turned on, I leave it off.
Thanks for explaining, appreciate that.
Old 08-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #170
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Major evaluation with this set:

CPU QBA @ 15 resulted in QBs running backwards again, and brought out the Robo QB in Rodgers, though interestingly enough, not in Kizer. It also opened up offense on both sides way too much. This needs to stay @ 13. I'm not going to bother testing 14.

What I have noticed is that @ almost any QBA value for the CPU, it has the most pronounced effect on the great and elite QBs. For instance, players like Rodgers and Rivers were absolutely unstoppable @15. All-Madden was being All-Madden. However, when Kizer came in for Rodgers, he looked terrible. @ 13, I see the 'Rodgers' and 'Rivers' types come back down to earth, albeit still playing like they should. Meanwhile, the scrub QBs are still playing pretty lousy. That tells me that QB AWR ratings are huge, and that we have to accept moderate to lousy QBs for what they are*.

The conclusion: I don't want to improve the scrubs at the expense of making the good and elite QBs invincible. We'll stay @ 13 CPU QBA with this set, but will increase PBK for the CPU to 50. We can always walk PBK back down or play around with it as needed, as it serves as a QBA modifier.

**OP updated** This should be it for a while. I'm going to play my preseason finale @ SEA to see the final set in motion (and I get to see how Russell Wilson fares). Then, it's on to the regular season.

*If we determine that QBs still need a little help, I may consider a game by game ratings bump to AWR. That may give every NFL QB more 'smarts', but not inflate their actual accuracy. That's a last resort, and I'm not sure that is going to be necessary. The other option is that we bring DPI back to default 50 / 50, though that will have an effect on the user as well... which means a possible reduction in QBA for the user. Oh that house of cards...

EDIT: I also dropped RBK to 60 from 63 for the Human User

MLB The Show 20
2020 Los Angeles Dodgers YR1

Madden 21
2020 Las Vegas Raiders YR1: 4-4

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
COD: Warzone
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/TheRealRaiderRen

Last edited by Raider Ren; 08-11-2019 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:26 PM   #171
Rookie

Been using the sliders and altering them to fit what im experiencing. My question is how do you deal with 50 on facemask. I had to lower it to 35 because I was seeing 6-8 facemasks a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #172
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwaslagiswear
Been using the sliders and altering them to fit what im experiencing. My question is how do you deal with 50 on facemask. I had to lower it to 35 because I was seeing 6-8 facemasks a game.
In my first preseason game I saw one or two. In my second, I saw two or three. In my third preseason game, there were none called. I'm using the set on the OP to a T.

One thing that I haven't done to this point, is utilize any of the in game adjustments, such as setting tackling to aggressive. I'm not sure if you are doing that or not, but that is a huge culprit for getting things like face mask or late hit penalties.

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Old 08-11-2019, 09:24 PM   #173
Rookie

Yeah if I leave it at default I see on average 5 plus a game. Its definitely not accurate for me anyways, im on PC so not sure if there might be coding issues causing it. Also I havent used any adjustments at all.
Old 08-11-2019, 11:02 PM   #174
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwaslagiswear
Yeah if I leave it at default I see on average 5 plus a game. Its definitely not accurate for me anyways, im on PC so not sure if there might be coding issues causing it. Also I havent used any adjustments at all.
Interesting... I just finished up the preseason. In the preseason finale, there was 1 face mask called in the entire game.

Since you're on PC, I recommend reaching out to DaReal Milticket and Sabo. They are the gurus in that arena.

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Old 08-12-2019, 10:12 AM   #175
Rookie

11Freeman11's Arena

OVR: 1

Ren, love the work youíve done. Iíve actually been using your original set you had and itís working well for my franchise (has a few users but mostly cpu). My question is game length. We tried 15 min quarters and games were taking 1:30 real time and 150 plays were ran even though we are sim players that run a bunch. Anyway, are you seeing similar results? The time isnít a real issue, itís more the unrealistic huge amount of plays

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Teams:
NFL: Atlanta Falcons
MLB: Washington Nationals
NHL: Washington Capitals
College: Liberty Flames
NBA: Washington Wizards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #176
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

I have a potential major discovery and possible solution to the running backward QBs. In my first two preseason games, I got to see Blake Bortles, Kyler Murray, and Brett Hundley scramble to extend plays (to throw or run). It was a thing of beauty. Not once, did I see any of them run backwards. I only saw Goff for a quarter so I cannot evaluate this for him. However, when I got to the GB and SEA preseason games, that all changed. Both Rodgers and Wilson ran backwards (not a lot by any means, but enough) instead of scrambling to extend the play. I also recall seeing Rivers and Brady do this.

This leads me to believe this issue is caused by QBs with the ideal trait. I haven't looked at the traits as of yet, but I am going to review what QB traits Murray and Bortles have vs. the elite QBs. Hopefully, by changing the ideal trait (which is what I spectate the elite QBs have) to balanced / trigger happy / paranoid, that will solve the issue. What I hope it isn't is a AWR ratings issue for the top tier QBs. As in they are so aware, that they will continue to think they can throw from the pocket, even if it means running backwards for 10+ yards. I doubt that is the case...

Assuming the QB trait is the issue, I will make it a point to edit this trait prior to each game, and then change it back after the game is over. In case this ever gets patched, I don't want to have a bunch of QBs changed outside of the games that I'm playing. This is a quick fix, and the only editing that I'll be doing.

Once I have this nailed down, I will update the OP.

Other note: CPU PBK needs to be between 30-35 with this set. OP updated to reflect that.

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Last edited by Raider Ren; 08-12-2019 at 10:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »