Home

Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #177
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Freeman11
Ren, love the work youíve done. Iíve actually been using your original set you had and itís working well for my franchise (has a few users but mostly cpu). My question is game length. We tried 15 min quarters and games were taking 1:30 real time and 150 plays were ran even though we are sim players that run a bunch. Anyway, are you seeing similar results? The time isnít a real issue, itís more the unrealistic huge amount of plays

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Hey Freeman!

Glad you're enjoying it. Simple solution for you. Drop your quarter length... 13 minutes will probably get you where you need to be based on the amount of plays that you're getting. 150 is way too high.

I have been seeing 120-130 plays myself, but that could be do to my pace of play vs. yours. And that is not a right way or wrong way type of thing - it's play style.

MLB The Show 20
2020 Los Angeles Dodgers YR1

Madden 21
2020 Las Vegas Raiders YR1: 4-4

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
COD: Warzone
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/TheRealRaiderRen
Old 08-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #178
Rookie

11Freeman11's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
Hey Freeman!

Glad you're enjoying it. Simple solution for you. Drop your quarter length... 13 minutes will probably get you where you need to be based on the amount of plays that you're getting. 150 is way too high.

I have been seeing 120-130 plays myself, but that could be do to my pace of play vs. yours. And that is not a right way or wrong way type of thing - it's play style.

Thatís actually what I had decided to do. But I wanted to see if you were getting the ideal 120-130 range. I guess we are holding ĎAí too much between plays haha. Thanks for the reply

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Teams:
NFL: Atlanta Falcons
MLB: Washington Nationals
NHL: Washington Capitals
College: Liberty Flames
NBA: Washington Wizards
Old 08-12-2019, 07:37 PM   #179
MVP

OVR: 6

Big shout out for verifying and testing the illegal man downfield thing. Started a new job and donít have the time i did with the old job like i used to. Havenít even bought madden yet. Only rented it from redbox. Will be a month or two before i get it. Maybe longer. Nice to be able to trust stuff like this from you and millticket without seeing it for myself.

Will keep an eye out for future updates like this in this thread until Iím able to get the game and have time with it.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-12-2019, 09:19 PM   #180
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Big shout out for verifying and testing the illegal man downfield thing. Started a new job and donít have the time i did with the old job like i used to. Havenít even bought madden yet. Only rented it from redbox. Will be a month or two before i get it. Maybe longer. Nice to be able to trust stuff like this from you and millticket without seeing it for myself.

Will keep an eye out for future updates like this in this thread until Iím able to get the game and have time with it.
Tommy! What's up man! Good to hear from you.

I've tested out the man downfield thing a lot, and it's legit. I have to give credit to Josh for the find. That was all him. I never go into the penalty sliders menu in game, so I wouldn't have ever stumbled upon that.

I do have something cooking with QB play... I'll keep you posted.

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Old 08-12-2019, 11:24 PM   #181
Rookie

XxStew21xx's Arena

Appreciate all your hard work Ren.

Been looking for some good All-Madden sliders so decided I would try it out.

I'm only 2 games in and I know that's really nothing but I have enjoyed the games I played. Running seemed right on point. Passing has been ok so far but I'm currently Using the Bills and Allen is a 74 overall so I cant expect great things out of him. I played against the jets and Sam Darnold was pretty bad. Threw it to the ground a couple times but also had some other nice throws. Played the Giants in week 2 and Manning threw 2 picks..didnt look that great. I had 1 sack where he kept backing up. Since I have only played 2 teams that are not very good so I'm very curious how my games will play out against an elite signal caller.

Game 1 I got sacked like 7 times. Had 2 or 3 sacks.
Gane 2 I didnt get sacked once and had like 5 or 6 sacks.

I will keep you updated on how my other games go.

Was curious if you were going to try out CPU Qba at 14

Last edited by XxStew21xx; 08-13-2019 at 04:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2019, 10:23 AM   #182
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxStew21xx
Appreciate all your hard work Ren.

Been looking for some good All-Madden sliders so decided I would try it out.

I'm only 2 games in and I know that's really nothing but I have enjoyed the games I played. Running seemed right on point. Passing has been ok so far but I'm currently Using the Bills and Allen is a 74 overall so I cant expect great things out of him. I played against the jets and Sam Darnold was pretty bad. Threw it to the ground a couple times but also had some other nice throws. Played the Giants in week 2 and Manning threw 2 picks..didnt look that great. I had 1 sack where he kept backing up. Since I have only played 2 teams that are not very good so I'm very curious how my games will play out against an elite signal caller.

Game 1 I got sacked like 7 times. Had 2 or 3 sacks.
Gane 2 I didnt get sacked once and had like 5 or 6 sacks.

I will keep you updated on how my other games go.

Was curious if you were going to try out CPU Qba at 14
Hey Stew! Glad you're enjoying Madden.

As for QBA, there's such a fine line here. I have not tested 14, but I have tested 15. What happens is, the elite QBs play like roboQB @ 15, but the bad QBs still play bad. @ 13, the elite QBs come back down to earth, but still play light years better than the average and worse QBs. Unfortunately, that's kind of what we're dealing with at this point.

As for CPU QB play, I am on to something. QBs that are set to Ideal, Balanced, and Trigger happy all seem to play the same. They all run backwards. When QBs are set to Paranoid, they all begin to play in their own unique way. Scramblers scramble, pocket passers pass, balanced QBs do both (as needed), and there is no backwards running. It's amazing. I don't want to go down an edits rabbit hole, and I won't as a whole, but doing so for QBs is a necessity at this point (for me). I know many will scoff at this, and that is fine. But it's what I'm doing. If you think about it, all QBs that we see on Sunday are 'paranoid'. If they are not, they are going to get dumped. Look how fast Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers get rid of the ball. They have that sense of urgency in his head (aka what Madden dubs as 'paranoia'). This is a needed trait of any successful QB. It acts as an awareness modifier in Madden...

...which leads me to my next point. I think all of the QBs in this game would play better if they had higher awareness ratings. I am not going down this road, at the moment, but that might be another game by game edit to consider - a bump in their awareness ratings. The AWR rating essentially acts as how smart the QBs play. If you see a guy with an AWR rating in the 60's or 70's, don't expect smart QB play. Guys in the 80's and 90's play much, much better. I may consider bumping all QBs into this range, as I play the games. If I do that, I will change their ratings right back after my game is over, just as I am doing so for the trait edits. This will not make all of the QBs play the same, as they will still play realistically to all of their other ratings. This is what we're looking for. Funny, as I type this, I'm very tempted to go this route. In fact, it may be necessary to do this if you're playing with QBs set to Paranoid, to help balance them out.

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Old 08-14-2019, 11:53 PM   #183
Rookie

reMicXz's Arena

OVR: 2

Have you considered trying with Intentional Grounding off to get rid of the QB issues. i had Blake damn Bortles scramble on me 8 times in a preseason game without the trait or awareness changes and IG off. I'd much rather not have to manipulate the game to make it play properly.

Couple questions though, always wondered why you use OPI off and do you think theres adverse effects to playing a cloud vs offline franchise with your sets or is that just what you're specifically doing? i noticed that when i stumbled across the hidden blog set last year.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:26 AM   #184
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by reMicXz
Have you considered trying with Intentional Grounding off to get rid of the QB issues. i had Blake damn Bortles scramble on me 8 times in a preseason game without the trait or awareness changes and IG off. I'd much rather not have to manipulate the game to make it play properly.

Couple questions though, always wondered why you use OPI off and do you think theres adverse effects to playing a cloud vs offline franchise with your sets or is that just what you're specifically doing? i noticed that when i stumbled across the hidden blog set last year.
Hey! I haven't experimented with IG at all this year, though others have. I don't think it is necessary at this point (relative to this set), but I don't have much to offer on it.

You had Blake Bortles scramble on you because his default sense pressure trait is set to paranoid. If he had any other type of sense pressure trait, you would not have seen him scramble much at all. I hear you loud and clear about trait editing - I don't like doing it, and try to shy away from it as a whole. This is only a band-aid until QB play is patched up, and it takes 30 seconds to do. As you can see from the rest of the set, I don't like to change much. The same 3 gameplay sliders per side, and two penalties (OPI / DPI) is all we've touched here.

Speaking of which... I turn OPI off for two main reasons that go hand in hand: 1. It greatly reduces the warping catch animations that occur, which results in (2.) a few more organic misses driving down completion percentages by a few points. It makes the game feel more organic, to me. It makes the WR / DB interactions look amazing at times. This is one of the settings that may change as the game is patched though. We'll see.

As for the online cloud franchise, I haven't ever experimented with it. I spectate that most of the set will transfer over though, based on what I have heard others say, though I can't endorse it myself. I strictly play offline CFM. Give it a shot though. We're really not all that far off of default here, so you might be fine in the online cloud arena. Feel free to post feedback if you do so.

Yes, last year I went stealth in the blog world...

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »