Home

Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 09-16-2019, 08:51 PM   #345
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by burth179
I don't normally use sliders as I don't like to mess with the game much, but I might give these a try. These look to address my main issues with the game (CPU QB Accuracy and my WR catching). So I feel in theory these would be good.

Is it necessary to re-load the entire slider set every week? Or can you just manually change the injury slider for the CPU sim games and then change it back?

I play a friend fairly often when he comes over and don't really want to change sliders for when we play each other - I just want to change them in my solo CFM if possible.

Plus - I saw in other threads that the sliders in the Main Menu can somehow impact CFM, as well as modifying certain sliders can actually impact other areas of the game. Neither of those things make logical sense to me, and things like that make me hesitant to use sliders. I think for the most part the game is good enough but the CPU QB and a few other things I feel like can be tweaked for a better experience.
I have played with the gameplay sliders all set to default in the MM and modified within CFM only, and I have played with them set in MM and imported into CFM. I haven't noticed any difference either way. So, no, it is not necessary to import them, but it's a heck of a lot easier if you do.

However, the the three global sliders (INJ / Threshold / Fatigue) all have signifiant impact in both the MM and concurrently within CFM. For instance, I highly recommend leaving the INJ slider set to 10 in the MM, as it defaults, and then modifying it in CFM. If you raise that slider in the MM, it will have an impact within your CFM games, specifically with player movement / aggression.

And I hear you... this game is tuned pretty well, allowing us to leave most of our gameplay sliders at default, and only modifying a few to provide balance between the User and CPU.

MLB The Show 20
2020 Los Angeles Dodgers YR1

Madden 21
2020 Las Vegas Raiders YR1: 4-4

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
COD: Warzone
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/TheRealRaiderRen
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2019, 08:56 PM   #346
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Ok... I'd like some input. I'm looking to start a second franchise. My top two choices are Arizona and Seattle. Anyone care to share an opinion? Let me know which team and why. Thanks in advance!

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Old 09-16-2019, 10:25 PM   #347
MVP

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
Ok... I'd like some input. I'm looking to start a second franchise. My top two choices are Arizona and Seattle. Anyone care to share an opinion? Let me know which team and why. Thanks in advance!

Id do Arizona. If anything else kyler and that offense will be super fun to play with

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-17-2019, 09:34 AM   #348
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Im thinking of raising user accuracy to 45. During my season i saw too many errant throws in perfect situations.

In other words perfect pocket , feet set, wide open receiver. Timing perfect. Throw made then off by about 10 yards. Seemed to happen about 2xs a game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-17-2019, 11:01 AM   #349
Rookie

Quote:
I have played with the gameplay sliders all set to default in the MM and modified within CFM only, and I have played with them set in MM and imported into CFM. I haven't noticed any difference either way. So, no, it is not necessary to import them, but it's a heck of a lot easier if you do.

However, the the three global sliders (INJ / Threshold / Fatigue) all have signifiant impact in both the MM and concurrently within CFM. For instance, I highly recommend leaving the INJ slider set to 10 in the MM, as it defaults, and then modifying it in CFM. If you raise that slider in the MM, it will have an impact within your CFM games, specifically with player movement / aggression.

And I hear you... this game is tuned pretty well, allowing us to leave most of our gameplay sliders at default, and only modifying a few to provide balance between the User and CPU.

Thanks appreciate the feedback. And yeah you are actually right it is easier to just load them the way you described, that is how much I know about gameplay sliders lol (I always used the XP ones but haven't used the gameplay ones in like 5 years or so). I will just have to remember to change them back to default in the MM before my buddy comes to play if he comes over.

I like this set, had some good games. I like how the mediocre/average QBs play average and Mahomes still played great against me.

I was concerned in the first game when the CPU dropped like 3 wide open passes, but in the last 3 games it didn't happen again. I don't think that the CPU "dropped" any passes like that uncontested in the next few games so that was good.

I will probably raise the injury slider inside of CFM to about 30 or so. I was rolling with 15 and then tried 20 once. Had one injury to the CPU and nothing to my guys. I did sort of like your idea about the "sister team" thing but I don't think I'm going to do that.

Oh and I would roll with Seattle just because I kind of like them. Although with Murray it would be tempting to try and develop him.

Last edited by burth179; 09-17-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-17-2019, 12:38 PM   #350
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Im thinking of raising user accuracy to 45. During my season i saw too many errant throws in perfect situations.

In other words perfect pocket , feet set, wide open receiver. Timing perfect. Throw made then off by about 10 yards. Seemed to happen about 2xs a game.

Yeah that's a tough one. I could take 2 of those a game, but no more than that. If you raise User QBA to 45, you may have to raise CPU TAK and INT slightly. You'll get more offensive production as a whole with an increase to QBA.

This is one of those situations where the water starts to get muddy in the form of a slider domino effect. Like I said, I'll live with a couple of those and not begin to go down a rabbit hole, but if it was much more than that, then I might make that adjustment.

You're also playing with a higher CFM injury setting, so we may very well see different effects with the QBA setting.

Let me know how you make out.

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Old 09-17-2019, 12:44 PM   #351
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Quote:
Yeah that's a tough one. I could take 2 of those a game, but no more than that. If you raise User QBA to 45, you may have to raise CPU TAK and INT slightly. You'll get more offensive production as a whole with an increase to QBA.

This is one of those situations where the water starts to get muddy in the form of a slider domino effect. Like I said, I'll live with a couple of those and not begin to go down a rabbit hole, but if it was much more than that, then I might make that adjustment.

You're also playing with a higher CFM injury setting, so we may very well see different effects with the QBA setting.

Let me know how you make out.
Ill start 45 next season. Im out of town for a few days so i may have some results. This weekend or so.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2019, 12:48 PM   #352
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28

After thinking about this a bit more, you may be on to something (again). I like the play with INJ @ 10 / 15, but thought offense might be a tad weak for the user. I have been messing with the INJ slider to fabricate more offense (10 / 13). Instead, a bump to QBA might be all we need.

Since you're running 10 / 40 for INJ, I think you might be better off with User QBA @ 45.

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

NCAA Football 14 on PS3
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »