Home

Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2019, 08:59 AM   #417
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasandrews25
Have you played since the update Ren
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasandrews25
Just going out on a limb here but it seems like you get a better balance of plays on 11 instead of 10 it seems like the CPU abandon the run on 10 min quarters
I haven't played in a few days, so I have not seen the game post-patch.

As for quarter length, I agree. I've been back and forth with 10 and 11 minute quarters all cycle. I've seen more instances where the CPU has single digit run attempts on 10 minute quarters vs. that of 11 minute quarters. Some of that is definitely due to the quarter length, while some of it is due to what the DNA of the CPU team is.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 10-05-2019, 01:58 PM   #418
Rookie

Anyone have a chance to play these on the new patch? Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-05-2019, 09:14 PM   #419
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
Anyone have a chance to play these on the new patch? Any thoughts?

I played my opener... it’s archived on my YouTube channel.

Gameplay is more wide open after this last patch, but it is what it is. It’s still contextual.

Game stats out / there are some spectacular animations, albeit some goofy ones....

I’m pressing on as is with the set. No changes needed. If we all get in 8 games and feel pursuit is too light, we can fix that with ease.

For the time being, I’m not considering any changes. Feedback is welcomed as always.

Game on!!

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 10-05-2019, 09:19 PM   #420
Gaming Avenger

Play calling is wayyyyy better when using an updated EA roster.

Balanced play calling / run-pass balance (contextual).

Never thought I’d say this, but I’m going to steer clear of the stock 75 man roster that ships with the game.

I recommend using a roster no later than week 4 or 5.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 10-05-2019, 09:40 PM   #421
Gaming Avenger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJRsqGaJb5s

2019 Season Opener / DEN @ OAK / on MNF

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2019, 09:08 PM   #422
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
I played my opener... it’s archived on my YouTube channel.

Gameplay is more wide open after this last patch, but it is what it is. It’s still contextual.

Game stats out / there are some spectacular animations, albeit some goofy ones....

I’m pressing on as is with the set. No changes needed. If we all get in 8 games and feel pursuit is too light, we can fix that with ease.

For the time being, I’m not considering any changes. Feedback is welcomed as always.

Game on!!
Sounds good! Have played probably 5 or 6 games since the patch and have had great variation in outcomes. Played a preseason game yesterday for year 2 and it was an ugly, low scoring affair as one would expect of 3rd stringers.

The one thing I've noticed is that I'm giving up more on the ground, but it's mainly caused by a few big runs per game. Seems like the pursuit angles for DBs are a bit different, but you seem to be monitoring that. I'm using an excellent run defense so the change definitely seems related to the patch.

Otherwise, really enjoying this year. Havent felt the need to tinker, and haven't abused the CPU as I normally do. Already immersed in my franchise and onto year 2. Still disappointed in how franchise has been handled as of late, but clearly there are some good things going on over there in the studio and the game seems to be going in the right direction. So thanks for all of your work!

Bonus question: Anyone notice in year 2 that the team overalls are pretty much the same? Any thoughts or ideas for this? Worried that as years go on I'll be rated far higher than the rest of the league.

Old 10-07-2019, 09:22 PM   #423
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88
Sounds good! Have played probably 5 or 6 games since the patch and have had great variation in outcomes. Played a preseason game yesterday for year 2 and it was an ugly, low scoring affair as one would expect of 3rd stringers.

The one thing I've noticed is that I'm giving up more on the ground, but it's mainly caused by a few big runs per game. Seems like the pursuit angles for DBs are a bit different, but you seem to be monitoring that. I'm using an excellent run defense so the change definitely seems related to the patch.

Otherwise, really enjoying this year. Havent felt the need to tinker, and haven't abused the CPU as I normally do. Already immersed in my franchise and onto year 2. Still disappointed in how franchise has been handled as of late, but clearly there are some good things going on over there in the studio and the game seems to be going in the right direction. So thanks for all of your work!

Bonus question: Anyone notice in year 2 that the team overalls are pretty much the same? Any thoughts or ideas for this? Worried that as years go on I'll be rated far higher than the rest of the league.

Ok... I’ve played two keeper franchise games. I’m making two changes, and then locking this in:

HUM QBA to 43 (this impacts both Hum and CPU offensive production)

CPU INT to 10 (you will still get picked off)

I just lost to the Chiefs 33-19. We led 19-17 in the third and then completely self-destructed... game is on YouTube (I played this one with HUM QBA @ 40 / CPU INT @ 10)

We’re now 1-1 after 2 weeks. On to Minnesota...

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 10-10-2019, 11:01 AM   #424
Rookie

Raider Ren,

Thank you so much for your work on these. Just played my two most enjoyable games in Madden since the PS2 days! All pro was just giving me headaches with bad QB AI no matter what sliders, adjustments or house rules I played by. These give challenge and yet keep the game fun and balanced.

Played against Mahomes, and it just felt closer to what he should play like. Consistently ripped off nice 20+ yard throws. Blitzes were killed nearly every time(this never happens on all-pro, you almost always just get a sack or they dump it off for 2 yards). He moved the ball around really well.

Then in a defensive battle against Redskins(I am in year 3 of a Broncos CFM), they have stud RB they drafted in year 2, and they fed him the ball 24 times, until they were forced to throw late.

Really feel like you nailed the injury setting at 10/15, gameplay feels smooth and CPU not overpowered on All Madden level. Thanks again! I'll be following your updates for the rest of the EA patch cycles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »