Home

Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2019, 06:36 PM   #553

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

I've got a few questions after reading your injury setup, which is very unique and nothing I ever thought to do. I assume you mimic your sister team 100% to include all positions and not just those positions that seemingly never get injured when actually playing a game correct?

1. Doing this setup obviously allows for more wide ranging injuries but does this have a negative impact on things like morale etc? I ask because technically the players aren't injured and as far as the game can tell you're simply benching the player.

2. Doing this setup all but means the injury rating for each individual player means nothing on your team. For instance you have a LT with 95 injury rating but the LT on the sister team has an injury of 75 so if he goes down so does yours. I would think doing this means, as the user, you can sign whoever you want without worrying about this rating since it technically will never come into play anyways and same with the toughness rating, albeit I'm unsure if that rating does much in the end.

From what I can tell, and maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like we either roll with a higher injury so things like injury ratings matter but potentially watch as our HB's all drop like flies and we have no off ball injuries or we adopt something like what you've implemented but then ignore injury ratings and hope whoever our sister team is they don't have a bunch of dudes made of glass, is that a fair assessment?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2019, 11:04 PM   #554
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
I've got a few questions after reading your injury setup, which is very unique and nothing I ever thought to do. I assume you mimic your sister team 100% to include all positions and not just those positions that seemingly never get injured when actually playing a game correct?

1. Doing this setup obviously allows for more wide ranging injuries but does this have a negative impact on things like morale etc? I ask because technically the players aren't injured and as far as the game can tell you're simply benching the player.

2. Doing this setup all but means the injury rating for each individual player means nothing on your team. For instance you have a LT with 95 injury rating but the LT on the sister team has an injury of 75 so if he goes down so does yours. I would think doing this means, as the user, you can sign whoever you want without worrying about this rating since it technically will never come into play anyways and same with the toughness rating, albeit I'm unsure if that rating does much in the end.

From what I can tell, and maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like we either roll with a higher injury so things like injury ratings matter but potentially watch as our HB's all drop like flies and we have no off ball injuries or we adopt something like what you've implemented but then ignore injury ratings and hope whoever our sister team is they don't have a bunch of dudes made of glass, is that a fair assessment?

I've used this injury method for some time now, and here's what I do:

1. If one of your players is injured, the next injury on your sister team doesn't count.

2. Use injury rating and age to determine player at position (or position group) who is most likely to get injured.

3. Then use depth chart and playing time to break any ties.

So if a WR gets hurt, I'll check to see if any of my receivers are old or injury prone. If there isnt a clear loser, then I use the depth chart. It isnt perfect, but at least it utilizes the injury rating and doesnt feel unfair when the injury bug does hit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-24-2019, 01:55 AM   #555

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennypowers88

1. If one of your players is injured, the next injury on your sister team doesn't count.

2. Use injury rating and age to determine player at position (or position group) who is most likely to get injured.

So if a WR gets hurt, I'll check to see if any of my receivers are old or injury prone. If there isnt a clear loser, then I use the depth chart. It isnt perfect, but at least it utilizes the injury rating and doesnt feel unfair when the injury bug does hit.

Sounds reasonable, I'd assume maybe checking the injury rating for the injured player on the sister team and injuring someone who is close in that rating at that same position would work. This doesn't effect the morale of the person you are effectively benching though? With all the new scenarios being in I could see it potentially causing an issue as it pertains to a skill position player in this example but maybe it would happen the same way were that player legitimately injured anyways.

As a side note, I ask these questions because I just finally got around to opening Madden 20 and haven't even logged a game yet outside of the Pro Bowl when you first start it up so my knowledge of how some things work isnt there yet.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2019, 03:11 AM   #556
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Anybody you guys remember the OL injury generator someone made a few years ago? That worked well, and I'll be damned if I didn't come across it a few months back digging around on my old laptop for something.
Quote:

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-24-2019, 03:12 AM   #557
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

To be clear, I'm a spaz and didn't grab it so I've been looking for it ever since. But if I do I think it would be very relevant for this cycle

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #558
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:

Hey Chef!

Yes, you’re 100% spot on with that assessment.

Unfortunately, there are pros and cons with this set up, just as there are with any. In full disclosure, I haven’t gotten through a full season yet with this approach. It has nothing to do with the approach itself, rather I went back and forth between OOTB and the patched game for the last 6 weeks or so, and haven’t made any significant progress in franchise.

You make a great point re: the player morale rating. My assumption would be that it will fall or remain neutral for the “injured” player. I don’t see this as a negative though because if anything, this will hamper that player when they return - almost like they have been negatively affected from their injury. More often than not, players returning from injuries IRL aren’t usually 100% themselves for quite a while. Obviously, that varies by the player and the injury.

The other negative is the IR aspect. If your sister team IR’s a player, we cannot do so. Again, not a huge concern for me. It would only become a problem if the sister team were to have a dozen or more on IR. I honestly don’t see that coming to fruition.

As for your other point, you are again on the money. The injury rating becomes insignificant for players on our team. This sucks, because it eliminates that element altogether. I’m willing to eat that, though. The flip side is that we run 40 INJ and lose our RBs, as you referenced, regardless of their INJ ratings.

I like the randomness and range of injuries that we get from the sister team approach. Advancing with the slider @ 52 produces a wide range of injuries both in terms of types and positions impacted.

FWIW, I wish we didn’t have to do this (not that you have to do this by any means). You would think by now that EA would have figured out not only how to refine their injury system, but fix it altogether. It’s been broken and largely neglected for years. If on some off chance they’re able to tune their injury system at some point during this cycle, I will absolutely look into adjusting this set accordingly and disband the sister team approach.

I’m also always open to suggestions... if you have any ideas or other feedback on the sister team approach, or anything for that matter, let me know!

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 11-24-2019, 09:14 AM   #559
Gaming Avenger

Quote:

Quote:
Sounds reasonable, I'd assume maybe checking the injury rating for the injured player on the sister team and injuring someone who is close in that rating at that same position would work. This doesn't effect the morale of the person you are effectively benching though? With all the new scenarios being in I could see it potentially causing an issue as it pertains to a skill position player in this example but maybe it would happen the same way were that player legitimately injured anyways.

As a side note, I ask these questions because I just finally got around to opening Madden 20 and haven't even logged a game yet outside of the Pro Bowl when you first start it up so my knowledge of how some things work isnt there yet.

Great point. Let’s say you have a WR that has a scenario going into your next game, where if he hauls in 150 yards and a TD, he gets a DEV increase or something to that effect. However, he is now “injured” due to the sister team, and cannot play as a result. He’ll miss out on the opportunity for the ratings / development increase. I’m fine with that because injuries derail players IRL, regularly. It’s another element in the equation.

There are also no hard rules under this approach. You can draw your own set of guidelines around it. I stay pretty cut and dry to it, but it’s completely up to you as to how you want to do it.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 11-24-2019, 09:24 AM   #560
Gaming Avenger

Making sure I give proper credit: The sister team approach is 100% from KingV2k3. I reference that on the OP.

We may run slightly different variations with it, but that idea is all him. I wouldn’t have come up with that on my own.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »