Home

Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2019, 05:12 PM   #601
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
I’m making some MASSIVE changes to the set.

Will update the OP this afternoon.
I wrote a whole post about changes to the OP, and inadvertently deleted it. Ugh. Basically, the set is back to All-Pro Plus.

The balance between the user and the CPU is back. For instance, in my game against the Jets, each side had 9 “drops”. I put drops in quotes bc Madden scores a defensive pass breakup as a drop if the receiver had his hands on it. So I’m good with the 9 “drops” a piece. IRL, a drop is considered a receiver not hauling in an uncontested catch when he had his hands on it. In that game against the Jets, there were 1-2 of those per side, which is what we want. Yards per play were on point, and it was all relative to the teams’ ratings. I’m not chasing stats, rather I chase the user and CPU to be on a level paying field. Usually, the stats wind up falling in line, though that’s not the case for all. I’m ok with that.

We fell 38-33, effectively ending our season. The bad news is that I got blown out by the Chargers and Bengals, following the 1.21 patch, before I was able to recalibrate the set. The good news is that the changes that I implemented for the Jets game were spot on for what I was looking for. The user and CPU are now on an equal playing field again, and games will be subjected primarily to ratings and game-to-game variance and variables. Again, this is what we’re looking for. It sucks bc it essentially cost me my season, but it was worth the trade off to equalize things.

As always, tweak things to your own personal preference, with the understanding that YMMV. We all have different skill levels and playing styles, so either run the set on the OP to a T, or make it less or more challenging in areas that you see fit. I’m very happy with it, now. Wish I ran a test game before playing that Chargers game..... some beach, somewhere.

Hope you can continue to enjoy your franchises.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 12-15-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2019, 04:04 AM   #602
Rookie

Superreds's Arena

Hi Raider Ren

I played a game for the first time in a week. Used the OP - but before the latest changes.

I was the Broncos and played the opening game against the Raiders.

I ran all over them. Lindsay had +150 yards rushing and Freeman had +100 yards rushing.

I had injuries at 51 in CFM - but saw no injuries. With out reading all pages could you explain injuries to me?

If raised you get mopre injuries - but mostly RB/WR? And it affects gameplay?

So you use a CPU team and pretend the injuries they have also happends to you? Does this have no affect on your players? You are benching healthy players?

Cheers
Old 12-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #603
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superreds
Hi Raider Ren

I played a game for the first time in a week. Used the OP - but before the latest changes.

I was the Broncos and played the opening game against the Raiders.

I ran all over them. Lindsay had +150 yards rushing and Freeman had +100 yards rushing.

I had injuries at 51 in CFM - but saw no injuries. With out reading all pages could you explain injuries to me?

If raised you get mopre injuries - but mostly RB/WR? And it affects gameplay?

So you use a CPU team and pretend the injuries they have also happends to you? Does this have no affect on your players? You are benching healthy players?

Cheers
Hey Superreds!

The 11 MM / 51 CFM INJ setting is purely for gameplay at this point. It started out at 11/ 11, which plays great in itself. On a whim, I decided to raise the CFM value to see what kind of injuries were produced. To little surprise, I haven't seen many at all. I'll get an in-game injury here or there, but that's about the extent of it.

What I enjoyed about it, was the extra aggression, umph, and tightening that the 51 CFM INJ value provided to gameplay. For instance, at 11/ 11, I was running the CPU INT slider @ 20. For instance, when I moved over to 11/ 51, the CPU INT slider needed to be dropped to 10, to compensate for the added aggression by the CPU defenders on pass plays.

I couldn't decide which INJ set up I liked better... I just happened to settle on the 11/ 51, and I'm fully intending on riding that out.

I can't really comment too much on your run game. If you find that there's too much room in the run game for the user side only, you can increase CPU TAK. If there is too much room in the run game on both sides, then you may want to consider an increase in face mask, as that will have an impact on both the user and the CPU.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 12-16-2019 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-17-2019, 02:52 AM   #604
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Ran two games with these yesterday and they played really really well. Won both games with the Cards over the Dolphins 27-24 and the 9ers (I forget the score). I picked up Tyrek Hill in the off-season as well as added a rookie C and G to the OL and man this team is scary throwing the ball. Both games felt smooth and flowed well. I’ll keep running with these for now and post stats/screen shots when I get a 6-8 sample size. Really like what you did with the CPU pass game and the run game feels good on both sides. Things actually feel even now between HUM and CPU. Feels like you can really tell the difference in player skill sets... something I haven’t been able to find in other sets so far. Thanks for all the work bro.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:08 PM   #605

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

So are you still running the sister team approach for injuries or just going with 51 and letting things happen as they may?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-18-2019, 10:52 AM   #606
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
So are you still running the sister team approach for injuries or just going with 51 and letting things happen as they may?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I'm still running the sister team deal...

Even on 11/ 51, I'm not seeing adequate injuries. I do get in game injuries, which I like, but nothing beyond that.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 12-19-2019, 03:39 AM   #607
Rookie

PunkMonk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
I'm still running the sister team deal...

Even on 11/ 51, I'm not seeing adequate injuries. I do get in game injuries, which I like, but nothing beyond that.
I’m running the 11/51 injury sliders the last two games and I’m down four players!

WR3 - 4 Weeks
RB3 - 6 Weeks
LOLB2 - 4 Weeks
CB2 - 4 Weeks

I’ve had two players go down for the current game as well. Not sure if this is random occurrence, but I’ve never seen this many injuries at so many positions. Maybe the 55 fatigue effects it? Love what I’m seeing though.
Old 12-19-2019, 08:48 AM   #608
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkMonk
I’m running the 11/51 injury sliders the last two games and I’m down four players!

WR3 - 4 Weeks
RB3 - 6 Weeks
LOLB2 - 4 Weeks
CB2 - 4 Weeks

I’ve had two players go down for the current game as well. Not sure if this is random occurrence, but I’ve never seen this many injuries at so many positions. Maybe the 55 fatigue effects it? Love what I’m seeing though.
Good stuff - thanks for sharing!

Yes, fatigue affects injuries for sure.

What roster are you using?

I ask bc I’m using an opening day roster, despite highly recommending the stock, 75-man preseason roster that ships with the game. It makes me wonder if there are more injuries baked into the stock roster, or if my lack of injuries is more of an ebbs and flows thing...

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »