Home

ShaneTheMaster's Madden 20 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on ShaneTheMaster's Madden 20 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2019, 02:49 PM   #73
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: ShaneTheMaster's Madden 20 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks2681
After updating with the latest patch I tried running a game and in the first 7:30 or so of the first quarter there were 6 sacks. I'm sure there'd be even more if it weren't for Kyler Murray taking off scrambling as much as he did. Basically every play where a QB dropped back to look for a pass, he got sacked. Not sure what exactly changed but something certainly did lol.

Edit: I tried restarting that same game several times and there were sacks on nearly every passing play each time so it wasn't just a fluke. If nobody else is noticing this then I'll try verifying game files and deleting the moddata or whatever else I can think of.
Hmmm.. I ran a game after the patch, and it was fine, but I ran it from the frosty toolbox. Do you have Origin offline? I will try re-exporting the mod and update it, in case that needs to be done when a new exec is released.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:56 PM   #74
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

I updated my mod post with a new version , give that a whirl, and see if your issue is resolved.
Old 09-14-2019, 02:59 PM   #75
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
You may not see as many with 14 but from what I remember from my testing, I was seeing them with anything below 15 runoff and it also affects how much time the play has to develop CPU vs CPU.

I've counted Plays at 15 minute Quarters, the number varies per game and it ain't that far off from the NFL not to use to 15. Arizona had 80 Plays in Week one.
Yea, basically, I changed the logic to state that the QB will wait at least 7 seconds before he snaps the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2019, 08:36 PM   #76
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster
Yea, basically, I changed the logic to state that the QB will wait at least 7 seconds before he snaps the ball.
So that's 3 seconds left on the clock after the snap for him to get the ball off, what happens with a 15-second run-off? would be better no?
Old 09-14-2019, 09:10 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
I updated my mod post with a new version , give that a whirl, and see if your issue is resolved.
Thanks for the update! I loaded up the game with the new version, started the same Cardinals-Vikings game I had been trying to run before, and within the first couple of minutes I can tell that the issue seems to be resolved. Where before Kirk Cousins would just drop back and stand in the pocket until he was sacked and Murray would either have to take off running or get sacked also, now they seem to be playing more normal.
Old 09-16-2019, 03:54 PM   #78
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
So that's 3 seconds left on the clock after the snap for him to get the ball off, what happens with a 15-second run-off? would be better no?
It means he always snaps the ball with 3 seconds left on the play clock (if he doesn't get a delay of the game). As an experiment, I tried setting Accelerated clock to 15 seconds, and modifying the mod to delay 12 seconds, but behavior was the same.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:19 PM   #79
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
It means he always snaps the ball with 3 seconds left on the play clock (if he doesn't get a delay of the game). As an experiment, I tried setting Accelerated clock to 15 seconds, and modifying the mod to delay 12 seconds, but behavior was the same.
I know, 3 seconds is not long enough, This why I'm at 15 and 15 today.
Old 09-22-2019, 02:42 AM   #80
Just started!

OVR: 0

Shane do you play with the gameplay helpers on? such as ball hawk and auto flip def. play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »