Home

ShaneTheMaster's Madden 20 CPU vs CPU Sliders

This is a discussion on ShaneTheMaster's Madden 20 CPU vs CPU Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2019, 07:22 AM   #65
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: ShaneTheMaster's Madden 20 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by direfire
Just watched two games... Passing is pretty on point first game no int's were thrown and I was like bleh here we go again. 2nd game 2 int's were thrown... I am impressed with the sack numbers, and turnovers in general feel more natural.

The only thing that almost every slider set and mod has trouble with I noticed is lack of a running game. A back has to break off a big run to get over 100 yards in a game. The 2 games I played my lead back had 10-12 carries for the entire game.
What team are you playing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 08:06 AM   #66
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieSmooth
So do i assume right that i can only make this mod work on PC? Can i still have decent results playing with the sliders on xbox or do they only really work with the mod?

Either way, thanks for the great work and keep it up!
You wouldn't be able to use 15 minute quarters (you would get too many plays), you can try to use 14 minute quarters. You would definitely get more INTs and sacks.
Old 09-06-2019, 12:07 AM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster
What team are you playing?

I'm using the redskins with the latest changes (downloaded a user file off of madden share) so I unretired luck out of FA and he's my QB.... So got

QB: Luck
WR: Paul Richardson Jr, Courtland Sutton (trade broncos), Mark Clayton (83 draft)
TE: Jordan Reed, Austin Seb-jenkins (FA)

Rb: Derrick Henry (FA from s2 in franchise), Guice (Never see him hit the field), Wendell Smallwood (I see him more then Guice)
Oline: Trent Williams, Will H (From giants), Center from 83 draft, Brandon S, Morgan moses

also every game I change my scheme and playbook to match the team with the most offensive yards and the team with the least points allowed.

Edit: Just saw you updated the mod to improve the run game. Does that mean the RB's are getting more touches?

Edit2: I'm sure you've already looked into this but if you're thinking about doing the superstar abilities might want to ask sabo in his discord channel his mod really toned down the crazy fumbles and other things while keeping the SS abilities in.

Last edited by direfire; 09-06-2019 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #68
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by direfire
I'm using the redskins with the latest changes (downloaded a user file off of madden share) so I unretired luck out of FA and he's my QB.... So got

QB: Luck
WR: Paul Richardson Jr, Courtland Sutton (trade broncos), Mark Clayton (83 draft)
TE: Jordan Reed, Austin Seb-jenkins (FA)

Rb: Derrick Henry (FA from s2 in franchise), Guice (Never see him hit the field), Wendell Smallwood (I see him more then Guice)
Oline: Trent Williams, Will H (From giants), Center from 83 draft, Brandon S, Morgan moses

also every game I change my scheme and playbook to match the team with the most offensive yards and the team with the least points allowed.

Edit: Just saw you updated the mod to improve the run game. Does that mean the RB's are getting more touches?

Edit2: I'm sure you've already looked into this but if you're thinking about doing the superstar abilities might want to ask sabo in his discord channel his mod really toned down the crazy fumbles and other things while keeping the SS abilities in.
The changes I made don't directly influence the number of carries - that is dependent on your coaching profile, playbook, and auto subs. I would try playing a few more games to get a larger sample size.

The main issue with Superstar abilities has been sacks. His stuff wasn't designed for CPU vs CPU, so it will be tougher for me to get the AI quarterbacks to avoid sacks by the X-Factor pass rushers. At some point, I may put further research into this, as I enjoy the X-factors.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:31 PM   #69
Rookie

What are you seeing when it comes to delay of game penalties with 10 second runoff? I understand that delay of game is part of real-life football but the way Madden works with the runoff, I'm seeing certain motion plays get penalized every time they are called because they just take too long to set up.
I don't know how the logic is coded, or how exactly your modding of the time the QB will allow to run off before snapping the ball, but I was wondering if it might work to set the clock runoff to 15 and then adjust the mod to run off a few more seconds once the team is set (if that will even work).
Personally, I'd rather just see no delay of game penalties than see them called every single time the teams run certain motion plays.
Either way though, just a question/suggestion. I'm enjoying the way your sliders and mod are playing otherwise!
Old 09-13-2019, 04:29 PM   #70
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks2681
What are you seeing when it comes to delay of game penalties with 10 second runoff? I understand that delay of game is part of real-life football but the way Madden works with the runoff, I'm seeing certain motion plays get penalized every time they are called because they just take too long to set up.
I don't know how the logic is coded, or how exactly your modding of the time the QB will allow to run off before snapping the ball, but I was wondering if it might work to set the clock runoff to 15 and then adjust the mod to run off a few more seconds once the team is set (if that will even work).
Personally, I'd rather just see no delay of game penalties than see them called every single time the teams run certain motion plays.
Either way though, just a question/suggestion. I'm enjoying the way your sliders and mod are playing otherwise!
Good thoughts, I am seeing a little too much delay of game penalties (about 2 or 3 a game). I never made the connection of it happening on certain plays, though - I always thought they were random. I will do some further investigating into this.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #71
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneTheMaster
Good thoughts, I am seeing a little too much delay of game penalties (about 2 or 3 a game). I never made the connection of it happening on certain plays, though - I always thought they were random. I will do some further investigating into this.
You may not see as many with 14 but from what I remember from my testing, I was seeing them with anything below 15 runoff and it also affects how much time the play has to develop CPU vs CPU.

I've counted Plays at 15 minute Quarters, the number varies per game and it ain't that far off from the NFL not to use to 15. Arizona had 80 Plays in Week one.

Last edited by cdcool; 09-13-2019 at 05:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2019, 12:13 AM   #72
Rookie

After updating with the latest patch I tried running a game and in the first 7:30 or so of the first quarter there were 6 sacks. I'm sure there'd be even more if it weren't for Kyler Murray taking off scrambling as much as he did. Basically every play where a QB dropped back to look for a pass, he got sacked. Not sure what exactly changed but something certainly did lol.

Edit: I tried restarting that same game several times and there were sacks on nearly every passing play each time so it wasn't just a fluke. If nobody else is noticing this then I'll try verifying game files and deleting the moddata or whatever else I can think of.

Last edited by sticks2681; 09-14-2019 at 01:57 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »