Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2019, 01:22 PM   #49
Rookie
 
KidsAreAsleep's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2018
Re: Rmiok222 PRO+ sliders

So, here are my initial thoughts on your set. First and foremost, I liked them very much. Now, this is only after one game, but I really enjoyed the game I played. It felt a lot more FUN than my first few games in my franchise. I plugged these into my current Cardinals franchise and was able to pull out an exciting win in overtime after being down 24-7. Not to mention, it was my first win after going 0-4 to start the season.

Here are some things I noticed in the gameplay that I would like to keep an eye on. At this point, I am planning to move forward in my franchise with your sliders, but maybe some slight adjustments need to be made for my play style. Again, I only played one game, so I will have to play some more before making any changes.

1. Maybe it was a little too easy to run to the outside. Although, I will say, that was my gameplan in the game I played. I was going against the Bengals and I wanted to stay away from Geno Atkins. He still ended up with 2 sacks and a forced fumble, but it might have been more forced fumbles if I tried to run up the middle. I just kind of felt like I could run to outside at will if I wanted to. In any case, it is just something to keep an eye on. Maybe a slight adjustment to human run blocking could fix this if needed.

2. I felt like coverage was good. I had some moments where the DB didn't really break on the ball like I thought he should, but then the next play he would and would break up a pass. I felt like it was pretty life like. Maybe CPU coverage could be a little tighter, but I think a lot of folks agree with that. Hundley was my starter as Murray is injured, and he had 63% passing with 3 TD's and 1 INT. All in all, I think I like coverage where it is at. Although, maybe I will keep an eye on the human side of pass coverage as Dalton lit me up (see below). Offensively for me, it felt a little more open than with JoshC's set up, and I liked it. Maybe I would look at a slight drop down in QB accuracy for the human side if needed after a few more games.

3. The biggest issue I saw was that I was not able to get any pressure to the QB (Dalton). I had zero sacks and Dalton threw for 401 yards on 75% passing. I came at him with all I had. Man blitz, zone blitz, coming from the right, coming from the left, coming up the middle, and I wasn't able to get any pressure. The question is whether this might be helped by the CPU pass block slider, coverage sliders for the human, or a drop in CPU QB accuracy. I just feel like if I was able to get some pressure, then maybe he wouldn't have done as well as he did. I did look at the ratings of the o-line vs. my d-line after the game and I did have a slight advantage. So, it really doesn't make sense to me that I was not able to get ANY pressure to the QB.

Overall, I am very excited to keep with this set for now. It seems to play a really nice game for my skill level. I thoroughly enjoyed my game I played last night and look forward to maybe making some slight tweaks for my liking. Thanks for sharing your sliders!
__________________
Kids Are Asleep Gaming

YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfb...B8QRdC0QWSRTIg

Twitch Channel:https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming

Last edited by KidsAreAsleep; 08-06-2019 at 01:41 PM.
KidsAreAsleep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:55 PM   #50
MVP
 
Rmiok222's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Re: Rmiok222 PRO+ sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidsAreAsleep
So, here are my initial thoughts on your set. First and foremost, I liked them very much. Now, this is only after one game, but I really enjoyed the game I played. It felt a lot more FUN than my first few games in my franchise. I plugged these into my current Cardinals franchise and was able to pull out an exciting win in overtime after being down 24-7. Not to mention, it was my first win after going 0-4 to start the season.

Here are some things I noticed in the gameplay that I would like to keep an eye on. At this point, I am planning to move forward in my franchise with your sliders, but maybe some slight adjustments need to be made for my play style. Again, I only played one game, so I will have to play some more before making any changes.

1. Maybe it was a little too easy to run to the outside. Although, I will say, that was my gameplan in the game I played. I was going against the Bengals and I wanted to stay away from Geno Atkins. He still ended up with 2 sacks and a forced fumble, but it might have been more forced fumbles if I tried to run up the middle. I just kind of felt like I could run to outside at will if I wanted to. In any case, it is just something to keep an eye on. Maybe a slight adjustment to human run blocking could fix this if needed.

2. I felt like coverage was good. I had some moments where the DB didn't really break on the ball like I thought he should, but then the next play he would and would break up a pass. I felt like it was pretty life like. Maybe CPU coverage could be a little tighter, but I think a lot of folks agree with that. Hundley was my starter as Murray is injured, and he had 63% passing with 3 TD's and 1 INT. All in all, I think I like coverage where it is at. Although, maybe I will keep an eye on the human side of pass coverage as Dalton lit me up (see below). Offensively for me, it felt a little more open than with JoshC's set up, and I liked it. Maybe I would look at a slight drop down in QB accuracy for the human side if needed after a few more games.

3. The biggest issue I saw was that I was not able to get any pressure to the QB (Dalton). I had zero sacks and Dalton threw for 401 yards on 75% passing. I came at him with all I had. Man blitz, zone blitz, coming from the right, coming from the left, coming up the middle, and I wasn't able to get any pressure. The question is whether this might be helped by the CPU pass block slider, coverage sliders for the human, or a drop in CPU QB accuracy. I just feel like if I was able to get some pressure, then maybe he wouldn't have done as well as he did. I did look at the ratings of the o-line vs. my d-line after the game and I did have a slight advantage. So, it really doesn't make sense to me that I was not able to get ANY pressure to the QB.

Overall, I am very excited to keep with this set for now. It seems to play a really nice game for my skill level. I thoroughly enjoyed my game I played last night and look forward to maybe making some slight tweaks for my liking. Thanks for sharing your sliders!


Glad you liked them man! Thanks for the feedback. Great stuff as always. Thereís a few things Iíll for sure look at.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rmiok222 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 01:56 PM   #51
Rookie
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kennesaw,GA
Re: Rmiok222 PRO+ sliders

Thanks for making these. I will give them a try. Pro deserves some love.
tonedef407 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 11:43 AM   #52
Rookie
 
KidsAreAsleep's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2018
Re: Rmiok222 PRO+ sliders

Okay, after game two I continue to have the same issues with getting pressure to the QB. I even lowered CPU pass block to 51 prior to the game. I think I will try 50 next. I did get one sack, but I still struggled to even get close to the QB. I just feel like the offensive line is a little too good at holding their blocks.

I also think I might need to adjust human passing in some way. Hundley continues to throw the ball well. Maybe a little too well for my liking. In this second game he threw for over 300 yards on 75% passing. I'm trying to decide if I want to try lowering QB accuracy or change CPU coverage sliders. I probably need to get some more sample size first.

My concerns about running to the outside being too easy are no longer. I was not able to get get ANY run game going against the Giants.

My new area of concern is the CPU run game. I can't seem to stop the run. This has never been the case for me on Madden, EVER. In one case, it is nice to finally have the CPU be able to run the ball, but now it seems a little over the top. Especially when my gameplan was to stop the run and make Manning beat me. Let me just say, Barkley is ridiculous. He gashed me on 4 carries and for over 150 yards in the FIRST QUARTER. I don't think any of my defensive players even touched him on any of the carries. He ended up getting hurt or else he probably would have run for 400 yards. But, Gallman came in and proceeded to run for about 100 yards over the next three quarters. For me, I think I might need to lower CPU run blocking a little or raise human tackling a little. I still want the CPU to be able to run, but I want to feel like my input matters as to whether they are overly successful. At this point, I do not feel that way. Even against the Bengals in my previous game, they ran for over 125 yards.

Okay, maybe it is just my defense. I know the Cardinals defense it not that great. At the same time, I don't think it is that bad. In comparing player ratings, it just doesn't quite feel like they are playing out as they should, YET. I am still going to tinker with this set as I am really liking the feel of pro level. I feel like I am really close to getting things how I want for my play style.
__________________
Kids Are Asleep Gaming

YouTube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfb...B8QRdC0QWSRTIg

Twitch Channel:https://www.twitch.tv/kidsareasleepgaming

Last edited by KidsAreAsleep; 08-08-2019 at 11:52 AM.
KidsAreAsleep is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:45 PM   #53
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Rmiok222 PRO+ sliders

If you read above I had 7 sacks in one game with Khalil Mack and 4 in the other two games for a total of 15 in 3 games using the Bears....getting to QB has not been an issue for me and he's not the only Bear getting sacks.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk
baconbits11 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:09 PM   #54
MVP
 
Rmiok222's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Rmiok222 PRO+ sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidsAreAsleep
Okay, after game two I continue to have the same issues with getting pressure to the QB. I even lowered CPU pass block to 51 prior to the game. I think I will try 50 next. I did get one sack, but I still struggled to even get close to the QB. I just feel like the offensive line is a little too good at holding their blocks.

I also think I might need to adjust human passing in some way. Hundley continues to throw the ball well. Maybe a little too well for my liking. In this second game he threw for over 300 yards on 75% passing. I'm trying to decide if I want to try lowering QB accuracy or change CPU coverage sliders. I probably need to get some more sample size first.

My concerns about running to the outside being too easy are no longer. I was not able to get get ANY run game going against the Giants.

My new area of concern is the CPU run game. I can't seem to stop the run. This has never been the case for me on Madden, EVER. In one case, it is nice to finally have the CPU be able to run the ball, but now it seems a little over the top. Especially when my gameplan was to stop the run and make Manning beat me. Let me just say, Barkley is ridiculous. He gashed me on 4 carries and for over 150 yards in the FIRST QUARTER. I don't think any of my defensive players even touched him on any of the carries. He ended up getting hurt or else he probably would have run for 400 yards. But, Gallman came in and proceeded to run for about 100 yards over the next three quarters. For me, I think I might need to lower CPU run blocking a little or raise human tackling a little. I still want the CPU to be able to run, but I want to feel like my input matters as to whether they are overly successful. At this point, I do not feel that way. Even against the Bengals in my previous game, they ran for over 125 yards.

Okay, maybe it is just my defense. I know the Cardinals defense it not that great. At the same time, I don't think it is that bad. In comparing player ratings, it just doesn't quite feel like they are playing out as they should, YET. I am still going to tinker with this set as I am really liking the feel of pro level. I feel like I am really close to getting things how I want for my play style.


Pro is hard because of how much you need to change. But if done right itís great. I think x-factors have a huge boost in pass rush, obviously. I just played an all madden game and Garrett had 9 sacks. Itís silly howntheyre that OP. Iíve been enjoying Mattís am set a lot. If youíre looking for a pro set tho Iíd honestly recommend schnaidtís over my own. He knows much more than me about sliders lol


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Rmiok222; 08-08-2019 at 01:23 PM.
Rmiok222 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 12:55 PM   #55
MVP
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Williston, North Dakota
Blog Entries: 26
Re: Rmiok222 PRO+ sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmiok222
Pro is hard because of how much you need to change. But if done right itís great. I think x-factors have a huge boost in pass rush, obviously. I just played an all madden game and Garrett had 9 sacks. Itís silly howntheyre that OP. Iíve been enjoying Mattís am set a lot. If youíre looking for a pro set tho Iíd honestly recommend schnaidtís over my own. He knows much more than me about sliders lol


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

i havent posted my pro set yet lol...

i did message you my test set up though
__________________
Follow me on twitter @schnaidt1 and Youtube @Sim Gaming Network

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
schnaidt1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #56
MVP
 
Rmiok222's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Re: Rmiok222 PRO+ sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
i havent posted my pro set yet lol...



i did message you my test set up though


Iíll check it out! I knew you had some in the works lol


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rmiok222 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.

Top -