Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-16-2019, 02:50 AM   #113
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickpersak
I'd advise to turn the superstar abilities off. Tommy and I have talked about it and we both agree that having it on just causes issues.

So for the ineligible man downfield penalty, right before the kickoff where it says which way to return or kick, hit start, go all the way to the right until you see settings, go into penalties, and that penalty will be default to off. You'll want to turn it ON. Lots of very credible guys on the forum have it turned on and kept it that way.

If you have all of Tommy's settings/sliders inputted exactly how he says there shouldn't be too much of a problem with sacks. I've tested about 10 or so games and I haven't had a crazy one yet.
Thanks for the reply. I'll turn superstar abilities off next game up and check that penalty too.

Just to clarify though, I'm not using tommy's sliders as I play 15 min quarters, I just like chatting in this thread because of the co-operative nature of the people on here, all looking for the best experience possible and willingness to work with each other. Other threads take a far more confrontational approach which I havent got patience for. But even if I'm using different sliders, there are some things we can all figure out together that affect that game experience. Tommy I hope remembers me from Madden 19, when we were looking at a few things that were affecting the game together.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-16-2019, 09:25 AM   #114
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Thanks for the reply. I'll turn superstar abilities off next game up and check that penalty too.

Just to clarify though, I'm not using tommy's sliders as I play 15 min quarters, I just like chatting in this thread because of the co-operative nature of the people on here, all looking for the best experience possible and willingness to work with each other. Other threads take a far more confrontational approach which I havent got patience for. But even if I'm using different sliders, there are some things we can all figure out together that affect that game experience. Tommy I hope remembers me from Madden 19, when we were looking at a few things that were affecting the game together.

Heck yeah, I remember you. Man, im telling you, you’ve got to get over the 15 minute quarter thing. You’re just asking for headaches fooling with accelerated clock. The game just has too much of a mind of it’s own. Especially this early in release. If it were me and i was still looking for 15 minute quarter stuff, i’d Roll with this set for now, maybe down the road, the accelerated clock thing will work when other issues are revolved. Main thing with this set is it seems to stop the qb back-pedaling glitch.

One thing i do know about using accelerated clock to get 15 minutes—seems like it’s so streaky. I can remember players, d-linemen getting on hot streaks and making 3 straight sacks.or 2 sacks and a tfl in a row.

I havent touched the 15 minute thing this year, probably will never touch it again. but from yours and others experiences, it still seems buggy. This years game is better than last years and last year was really, really good, but nothing like this in the early weeks. Maybe later down the line with patches for madden 20, the 15 minute thing is possible, but for now, you should just really enjoy the 9 minute thing.

This stuff is looking really, really good. Stats and onfield animations. I used to be obsessed with this 15 minute quarter thing too. I wouldnt try it any other way and i kept failing and failing and failing. I’d get awful close to something, but a patch would throw it outta whack. Without accelerated clock, the patches dont have near the effect. I barely changed any setting all last year. A lot of that is not using accelerated clock.

It wasn’t until i abandoned the 15 minute quarter quest was when i made breakthroughs with this game. Playing with accelerated clock is like having a Corvette with 4 slashed tires. Really holds back the game and the user who’s trying to play in that realm. I don’t understand it but that accelrated clock truly is a monkey with a wrench.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-16-2019, 10:01 AM   #115
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Heck yeah, I remember you. Man, im telling you, you’ve got to get over the 15 minute quarter thing. You’re just asking for headaches fooling with accelerated clock. The game just has too much of a mind of it’s own. Especially this early in release. If it were me and i was still looking for 15 minute quarter stuff, i’d Roll with this set for now, maybe down the road, the accelerated clock thing will work when other issues are revolved. Main thing with this set is it seems to stop the qb back-pedaling glitch.

One thing i do know about using accelerated clock to get 15 minutes—seems like it’s so streaky. I can remember players, d-linemen getting on hot streaks and making 3 straight sacks.or 2 sacks and a tfl in a row.

I havent touched the 15 minute thing this year, probably will never touch it again. but from yours and others experiences, it still seems buggy. This years game is better than last years and last year was really, really good, but nothing like this in the early weeks. Maybe later down the line with patches for madden 20, the 15 minute thing is possible, but for now, you should just really enjoy the 9 minute thing.

This stuff is looking really, really good. Stats and onfield animations. I used to be obsessed with this 15 minute quarter thing too. I wouldnt try it any other way and i kept failing and failing and failing. I’d get awful close to something, but a patch would throw it outta whack. Without accelerated clock, the patches dont have near the effect. I barely changed any setting all last year. A lot of that is not using accelerated clock.

It wasn’t until i abandoned the 15 minute quarter quest was when i made breakthroughs with this game. Playing with accelerated clock is like having a Corvette with 4 slashed tires. Really holds back the game and the user who’s trying to play in that realm. I don’t understand it but that accelrated clock truly is a monkey with a wrench.
You make a good case, tell you what, I'm running 2 CFM saves at the moment, one im only running one team against the CPU, and another I've yet to start, but will control all 32 teams. On that one, I'll use your sliders and run it that way, see how it goes.

And with the single team save, I'll see how I go with 15 minute quarters. Thus far I'm in my first game since turning that penalty and Superstar abilities off, its looking promising. No sacks, but still early yet, 1st quarter

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 11:02 AM   #116
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
You make a good case, tell you what, I'm running 2 CFM saves at the moment, one im only running one team against the CPU, and another I've yet to start, but will control all 32 teams. On that one, I'll use your sliders and run it that way, see how it goes.

And with the single team save, I'll see how I go with 15 minute quarters. Thus far I'm in my first game since turning that penalty and Superstar abilities off, its looking promising. No sacks, but still early yet, 1st quarter

Trust me on this. I used to be like with the 15 minute quarters and, Harry, a guy who helps me test, kept telling me it may be accelerated clock, the reason we’re can’t fix _____ can’t remember what it was. I finally listened and stopped with the accelerated clock and ive never looked back. That’s what’s so frustrating about cdcool, i use to be just like him, it was 15 minute quarters or nothing. When i took away that mission statement, the game started to play true sim.

Now, i say this without having tested accelerated clock this year, so it may be fixed. I’ve just wasted a lot time with the 15 minutes thing and don’t want to lose good time with the game.

I was worried about the game having the natural 10 second runoff, but it doesnt seem to mess with the game like accelerated clock. Really love the runoff when teams go no huddle. The no huddle run-off maybe the best new feature of this year’s game.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 08-16-2019, 12:25 PM   #117
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
That’s what’s so frustrating about cdcool, i use to be just like him, it was 15 minute quarters or nothing.
That's right, 15 Minute Quarters using Accelerated or nothing..LOL
Old 08-16-2019, 01:11 PM   #118
Rookie

No accelerated clock is the way to go in my opinion. Accelerated clock kills any and all of the awesome looking animations that Madden has added in the game.

I've tried all the different slider sets over the last 2 years and every one with accel clock on has been inferior to accel clock off.

Not calling anyone out or anything. I'm just stating what I've seen and what's worked best for me.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:50 PM   #119
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
That's right, 15 Minute Quarters using Accelerated or nothing..LOL
Bro, stop trolling! You create these clown rules on your page and than you go break them. And you created these rules because I decided to offer constructive criticism and you got pissed. How old are? My newphew pulls the same sh*t and he's 16. You have very good sliders but your an as*hole. I through a compliment in there somewhere go find it.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #120
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants76
Bro, stop trolling! You create these clown rules on your page and than you go break them. And you created these rules because I decided to offer constructive criticism and you got pissed. How old are? My newphew pulls the same sh*t and he's 16. You have very good sliders but your an as*hole. I through a compliment in there somewhere go find it.
Constructive criticism is something that seems to go over people's heads sometimes. They just take it as an insult. He seems to only care about the end result which, to him, is stats of the game at the end. He doesn't really care about how the game LOOKS or how it plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »