Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2019, 03:03 PM   #241
Pro
 
tuckermaine's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2017
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCraven
Tommy, any chance the issue with receivers is related to the ball carrier/stiff arm nerf? I'm seeing not just less stiff arms but less jukes as well. It hasn't hurt the run game, but a couple of my receivers aren't attacking the ball and getting up field quite like they were. It's not too bad so far but it does seem to be there.

I could be way off. You're the Jedi master with this stuff, so I trust your judgement.

The penalties aren't bothering me much. I'm seeing more variety since the patch, but not more of them. I definitely think fumbles are improved.
Read your post above, I have been so frustrated in Franchise as I have been experiencing absolutely NO JUKES no special moves by my running backs no cuts by WR ..nothing ...in Playnow I was getting a good mix which would prompt a slow mo replay..now in Franchicse I see nothing in terms of running animations
tuckermaine is online now  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 03:36 PM   #242
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2011
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

I'm playing with Superstar mode on and didn't think fumbles were too terrible on the PC until I saw a game where Bobby Wagner forced a ridiculous 5 fumbles. I decided to bump up the Fumbles to 55(had it at 35), may need to go higher. I like the boost to star players the Superstar mode gives, especially with my best teams of the super bowl era roster, but the fumbles thing definitely seems a bit strong right now.
meepichi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:52 PM   #243
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Read your post above, I have been so frustrated in Franchise as I have been experiencing absolutely NO JUKES no special moves by my running backs no cuts by WR ..nothing ...in Playnow I was getting a good mix which would prompt a slow mo replay..now in Franchicse I see nothing in terms of running animations

Yeah, it's been a little disappointing in that regard. I think it's been a net gain for my running game because there were times my backs juked too much and now get upfield better. But they also sometimes have a chance to make a guy miss and just plow right into him.

However, last night as I was dozing off I started up another game and forgot to disconnect from the internet and I saw my back make a gorgeous little stutter step and juke on a 15 yard TD run. It was only one game and I kept falling asleep but I am going to try a couple today and see if it was a Fluke. Are you connected when playing?
CoachCraven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #244
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Still haven’t had a chance to get another game in. Real busy. Pre-patch playing offline seemed to helped, but online may be the way to go now. This kind of stuff with profile deletions, playing online/offline, this stuff tends to change from patch to patch. Tell me what happens in the game where you’re connected. Curious to know since i cant test myself.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCraven
Yeah, it's been a little disappointing in that regard. I think it's been a net gain for my running game because there were times my backs juked too much and now get upfield better. But they also sometimes have a chance to make a guy miss and just plow right into him.

However, last night as I was dozing off I started up another game and forgot to disconnect from the internet and I saw my back make a gorgeous little stutter step and juke on a 15 yard TD run. It was only one game and I kept falling asleep but I am going to try a couple today and see if it was a Fluke. Are you connected when playing?
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 04:58 PM   #245
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachCraven
Yeah, it's been a little disappointing in that regard. I think it's been a net gain for my running game because there were times my backs juked too much and now get upfield better. But they also sometimes have a chance to make a guy miss and just plow right into him.

However, last night as I was dozing off I started up another game and forgot to disconnect from the internet and I saw my back make a gorgeous little stutter step and juke on a 15 yard TD run. It was only one game and I kept falling asleep but I am going to try a couple today and see if it was a Fluke. Are you connected when playing?
Tucker, sorry i didnt respond to your first message. Really swamped right now. The couple of games ive watched ive seen a fair amount of ball carrier moves. They just wouldn’t fighting for the ball like pre-patch. I’ll try to get a game in tonight. I’ll try it online if coachcraven continues to see good stuff.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2019, 05:01 PM   #246
That's top class!
 
extremeskins04's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston, Mass.
Posts: 3,598
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Tommy is there a fix to make the kickers better as far as field goals? Alot of kickers can't even make a 50 yarder it seems (kicking from the 35-40 yard line) and if they had more power they'd be fine.

I did the adjustments to all kickers power down to 85 like you have. Have you had to adjust kickers and give them more power? All awareness is at 75 for kickers as well.

And how do we get the coaches to call punts more if it's too far for kickers?
extremeskins04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:07 PM   #247
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepichi
I'm playing with Superstar mode on and didn't think fumbles were too terrible on the PC until I saw a game where Bobby Wagner forced a ridiculous 5 fumbles. I decided to bump up the Fumbles to 55(had it at 35), may need to go higher. I like the boost to star players the Superstar mode gives, especially with my best teams of the super bowl era roster, but the fumbles thing definitely seems a bit strong right now.
Im seeing the stars make plays and get the ball without the gimmicks. Didn’t like the superstar thing, all the stuff lighting up on the field, and i just dont trust it. It’s too much like how they ruined ncaa back in the day with overpowered Impact Players. I think the superstar abilities do still come into effect with them turned off, it’s just not as overpowered.

With it on, you’re gonna be constantly fighting momentum problems. The game will get too streaky with stuff like the Wagner thing. You adjust fumbles, another hole gets punched in the ship and there’s too many tfls or ints or long runs etc.

That’s the one thing that ive noticed for sure about these sliders and madden. You have to have all the gimmicks turned off. Even old gimmicks, stuff like accelerated clock, instant starter, career clock. Any of that stuff being on throws too many monkey wrenches into the mix.

Seems like when it’s bare bones, the sliders work mostly as they should with the excpetion of the pass defense sliders, but those seem better this year. In year’s past, nobody really could get a hold on this one.

Best analogy i can come up with. Say you have an official Jenga set and a knock off set. The knock off jenga is like the gimmicks in this game, when you stick that piece in with the official Jenga pieces, it doesn’t quite want to fit. It almost fits, but ultimately you can’t use it.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 05:14 PM   #248
MVP
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seed Tick Alabama
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Tommy is there a fix to make the kickers better as far as field goals? Alot of kickers can't even make a 50 yarder it seems (kicking from the 35-40 yard line) and if they had more power they'd be fine.

I did the adjustments to all kickers power down to 85 like you have. Have you had to adjust kickers and give them more power? All awareness is at 75 for kickers as well.

And how do we get the coaches to call punts more if it's too far for kickers?
Pre-patch, lowering the FG power made them kick less of the long ones. Most time they went for it when it was 7 or less. Even if it was early in the game. I did see them punt prepatch from the other teams 40 some too at times. Just depended on game situation. Sometimes the teams played not to lose and punted and sometimes they went for it. There was a nice variety to it.

I wouldn’t fool with the special teams sliders because in the past, they’ve had effects on the quarterback. That’s why i go the edit route. Doesn’t take long either. I’ll have to play more to get a better parameter on this.

I knew i wasn’t going to have much time with the game or the next month or so, and that was the main reason why I was delaying buying it. But it’s good people are testing, i can follow stuff without turning on my xbox.

Also, are you guys in year 1 or beyond. I havent run many test games in year 1 and it does play a little different. After year 1, all of the teams get a little weaker across the board and the gameplay is better. The only year 1 games ive watched was the last two with current patch. Didn’t look bad, but i wasn’t able to watch all of the games.
__________________
For an alltime legends team on xbox, search usertag haughtypine7723

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
tommycoa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:36 AM.

Top -