Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2019, 12:38 PM   #369
MVP

OVR: 6
Talking Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunhill256
so why do you have a 20 Forum that other people are doing all the work?
That’s what these guys wanted to do. Think I’ve did a pretty good bit of work over the years to justify taking a break. I’m just helping these guys out. No one seems to mind but you.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 09-22-2019, 03:05 PM   #370
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

My biggest gripe right now is not with the gameplay itself, but I'm seeing a massive amount of away team victories in CPU v CPU. Like 80-90% of matches each week are won by the away team. I'm not seeing much difference in whether you choose to set your controller as the home or away side either, so it's more fundamental to the way EA programmed this.

This wasnt an issue in 19, where results were more evenly spread between the home or away teams, not sure what the root cause is in 20.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-22-2019, 04:18 PM   #371
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
My biggest gripe right now is not with the gameplay itself, but I'm seeing a massive amount of away team victories in CPU v CPU. Like 80-90% of matches each week are won by the away team. I'm not seeing much difference in whether you choose to set your controller as the home or away side either, so it's more fundamental to the way EA programmed this.

This wasnt an issue in 19, where results were more evenly spread between the home or away teams, not sure what the root cause is in 20.

I didn’t notice this before. Is this something with the new patch? Again, i haven’t watched many games.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #372
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I didn’t notice this before. Is this something with the new patch? Again, i haven’t watched many games.
No this has been endemic since I started playing. I was a little late to the party though so I cant speak to as to whether this was the case on launch.

Oddly enough, just finished my latest game, not only did the home side win, but it was a 38-0 shutout lol.

I cant say if anything I did affected the outcome, but I can say that I adjusted Pass Coverage and Reaction Time back to OP and lowered Face Mask to 25, because the call since the last patch has become too prevalent.

I am going to set my controller to the away side moving forward also. Will see if this has any affect with more empirical evidence to judge on. Have yet to adjust Kickers individual accuracy yet. I'm going to start this from the week 6 games, so nothing I can offer on whether that will add more variety to the field goal attempts

Old 09-22-2019, 04:57 PM   #373
MVP

Even though I haven’t produced much content for my youtube channel, i’ve somehow Collected 38 subscribers. Doesn’t seem like much, but there’s not much content there. Been getting a lot of subscribers lately.

To get back into madden 20, i may stream a game or two and wear a headset and commentate on the game as it plays, talk to others if possible, field questions, listen to ideas. Or just bs about the game. Would anybody want to participate in something like that?

Teams finished:
Old 09-22-2019, 05:01 PM   #374
MVP

Quote:
No this has been endemic since I started playing. I was a little late to the party though so I cant speak to as to whether this was the case on launch.

Oddly enough, just finished my latest game, not only did the home side win, but it was a 38-0 shutout lol.

I cant say if anything I did affected the outcome, but I can say that I adjusted Pass Coverage and Reaction Time back to OP and lowered Face Mask to 25, because the call since the last patch has become too prevalent.

I am going to set my controller to the away side moving forward also. Will see if this has any affect with more empirical evidence to judge on. Have yet to adjust Kickers individual accuracy yet. I'm going to start this from the week 6 games, so nothing I can offer on whether that will add more variety to the field goal attempts

Is your machine connected to the internet when you’re playing?

I think this has some effect on the game. Sometimes online is best, sometimes it’s offline. Usually it’s offline that works best more times than not. But this stuff changes from patch to patch.

Also we now get into which rosters are you using. Default/custom/ea update.

All this stuff played a part in the past.

The moving the controller to another side is the best start with testing this away team thing. The online/offline thing has also effected this in the past as well.

Way too many patches this year, and the game seems to get worse as it goes on. Worse may be too strong of a word. Seems like a little luster is lost since each patch from 1.08.

Teams finished:
Old 09-22-2019, 05:32 PM   #375
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Is your machine connected to the internet when you’re playing?

I think this has some effect on the game. Sometimes online is best, sometimes it’s offline. Usually it’s offline that works best more times than not. But this stuff changes from patch to patch.

Also we now get into which rosters are you using. Default/custom/ea update.

All this stuff played a part in the past.

The moving the controller to another side is the best start with testing this away team thing. The online/offline thing has also effected this in the past as well.

Way too many patches this year, and the game seems to get worse as it goes on. Worse may be too strong of a word. Seems like a little luster is lost since each patch from 1.08.
My xbox is connected to the internet but I play offline CFM. I'm not sure how you can launch the game without internet connected.

As for roster, I think I'm using whatever update was available when I started playing. I can tell you it was pre Andrew Luck's retirement (which sucked btw. Hate to see a top talent lost to the game at a young age). McCoy is also a Bill and AB is a Raider (man, that seems an age ago).

Last edited by TG The Punisher; 09-22-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2019, 05:46 PM   #376
MVP

Quote:
My xbox is connected to the internet but I play offline CFM. I'm not sure how you can launch the game without internet connected.

As for roster, I think I'm using whatever update was available when I started playing. I can tell you it was pre Andrew Luck's retirement (which sucked btw. Hate to see a top talent lost to the game at a young age). McCoy is also a Bill and AB is a Raider (man, that seems an age ago).

If you’ve got the disc, you can play the game without the console being connected to the internet. Only bought madden once without the disc and it was a nightmare. After a patch, the game corrupted. Got a refund and bought the disc. Think that was madden 18.

The game does play different in cfm if your console is connected to the internet. Doesn’t matter if it’s an offline cfm. Sometimes online is the better route, sometimes offline console is. Sometimes it being connected to the internet juices the games and there’s no offense. Haven’t seen that this year. Stats are always good. Or so they seem to me. Juice the offense while console is connected juiced 19. Not sure what it does this year because i make sure I’m offline.

Teams finished:

Last edited by tommycoa; 09-22-2019 at 05:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »