Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2019, 10:30 AM   #401
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

And to clarify a little, first game today Aaron Jones ran for 145 yards but on 24 carries, not 10 or 12. So big yardage running games are possible on default autosubs.

But a way to prompt the CPU to run the ball more often wouldn't go amiss. There are teams that really dont give their RB's any reps

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2019, 10:40 AM   #402
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
And to clarify a little, first game today Aaron Jones ran for 145 yards but on 24 carries, not 10 or 12. So big yardage running games are possible on default autosubs.

But a way to prompt the CPU to run the ball more often wouldn't go amiss. There are teams that really dont give their RB's any reps

Gotcha. The success I’m seeing is probably contributed to playing on from 1.13 instead of the latest. Probably shouldn’t have been posting being on 1.13. Just been a while since i had time to watch some serious action for a day. Been hard avoiding the site and madden, but i just didn’t have time.

If you seen a back get 24 carries, I’m cool. Just want to have as close to 50 runs a game as possible. You still doing 10 minute quarters?

Should be able to download 1.15 later today. Gonna start a clean cfm. So far, what have you been seeing that needs work?

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-03-2019, 11:08 AM   #403
MVP

There’s a new update just out it seems from the front page. Sounds like it will help cfm stuff. Said it fixed scenario engine, so maybe there’s more trades. But i did see that in the last cfm I did with 1.13, the giants musta traded for Dak Prescott because he was on their team in the playoffs.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-03-2019, 12:10 PM   #404
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Gotcha. The success I’m seeing is probably contributed to playing on from 1.13 instead of the latest. Probably shouldn’t have been posting being on 1.13. Just been a while since i had time to watch some serious action for a day. Been hard avoiding the site and madden, but i just didn’t have time.

If you seen a back get 24 carries, I’m cool. Just want to have as close to 50 runs a game as possible. You still doing 10 minute quarters?

Should be able to download 1.15 later today. Gonna start a clean cfm. So far, what have you been seeing that needs work?
I dont think anything in the last 2 patches has had much of an effect on our games, fortunately. Hence why I dont think too many of us that follow this thread have had much cause to complain or deviate from the OP settings. For me, once we nailed down penalty frequency and found a balance, we haven't had to change much.

But with the running backs, there are certain teams that are pass heavy and really dont use their backs that often. I'm thinking Tampa, Jets, Colts, Dolphins. Maybe some others too. This might be their playbooks at work and the head coach who's book they play off of. Aside from the Jets, those teams dont have an outstanding back to get yardage from, so I have to wonder if this is the CPU compensating for not having a big gainer to play with. The Jets is a tougher one to explain. Bell had a great game (even though they lost) in the last match they played but it was the first time in my Franchise this season that they'd given him much to play with. To give you an idea, at week 6 with no injuries, he had 116 yards total off of 20 or so carries in 5 matches (bye week). Gordon at the Chargers had 560+ yards in 6 matches in over 100 carries. The Jets just weren't using Bell. I can understand that if you dont have a franchise back, like the Bucs or Dolphins, but if you're paying for Leveon Bell, you think you'd want to incorporate that into your play.

And yes, I've been playing 10 minute quarters since week 7 started, which I'm about halfway through now. Rather than moving sliders, I just figured I'd increase match length to give the teams a little opportunity to make gains, more QB's throwing 400 yard games, or at least having the opportunity to. I haven't seen a 400 yard game since week 3. In week 4 Brady threw 379 against Buffalo in a 9 min quarter game, Luck just threw a 376 yarder in 10 minute quarters just yesterday against Jacksonville. But still getting 200 yarders also, so it's not had a huge impact, just a little longer to potentially make it, rather than force it.

Old 10-03-2019, 12:26 PM   #405
MVP

Quote:
I dont think anything in the last 2 patches has had much of an effect on our games, fortunately. Hence why I dont think too many of us that follow this thread have had much cause to complain or deviate from the OP settings. For me, once we nailed down penalty frequency and found a balance, we haven't had to change much.

But with the running backs, there are certain teams that are pass heavy and really dont use their backs that often. I'm thinking Tampa, Jets, Colts, Dolphins. Maybe some others too. This might be their playbooks at work and the head coach who's book they play off of. Aside from the Jets, those teams dont have an outstanding back to get yardage from, so I have to wonder if this is the CPU compensating for not having a big gainer to play with. The Jets is a tougher one to explain. Bell had a great game (even though they lost) in the last match they played but it was the first time in my Franchise this season that they'd given him much to play with. To give you an idea, at week 6 with no injuries, he had 116 yards total off of 20 or so carries in 5 matches (bye week). Gordon at the Chargers had 560+ yards in 6 matches in over 100 carries. The Jets just weren't using Bell. I can understand that if you dont have a franchise back, like the Bucs or Dolphins, but if you're paying for Leveon Bell, you think you'd want to incorporate that into your play.

And yes, I've been playing 10 minute quarters since week 7 started, which I'm about halfway through now. Rather than moving sliders, I just figured I'd increase match length to give the teams a little opportunity to make gains, more QB's throwing 400 yard games, or at least having the opportunity to. I haven't seen a 400 yard game since week 3. In week 4 Brady threw 379 against Buffalo in a 9 min quarter game, Luck just threw a 376 yarder in 10 minute quarters just yesterday against Jacksonville. But still getting 200 yarders also, so it's not had a huge impact, just a little longer to potentially make it, rather than force it.

Good stuff as usual. Nice to have a list with problem teams. We can probably just give them another playbook/scheme, and it’ll fix things. Should be easy. And just stay away from those playbooks. For what it’s worth, I also think it’s the teams that have the scheme for running backs set to receiving backs that causes this problem. May have to avoid those schemes that require recieving backs.

Was looking at boxscores from other sliders and noticed the play counts were in the 130-150 range. Just wondering if you’re seeing 108-122 plays a game with these and current sliders. In one boxscore, there was 99 passes/3 sacks/48 runs. Wasn’t seeing problems with this on version 1.13 with these sliders. Wondering if this is the patch or just somebody else’s sliders? The boxscores i seen looked more like college ball boxscores. The play count and high offense.

Teams finished:

Last edited by tommycoa; 10-03-2019 at 12:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2019, 01:44 PM   #406
MVP

Quote:

Possibly try 41 wr catch. Can’t make promises on this. Earlier in release, there was a huge gap between 40 and 41. May be too much and raise completion percentages and yardage.

Teams finished:
Old 10-03-2019, 02:48 PM   #407
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Another patch dropped today adding the "Field of Fear" event stuff. It has altered Franchise as well, not sure with what as I havent seen patch notes yet. From loading up though, it has changed the menu setup in CFM. There's now a list of Superstar and Star players listed and your Schedules have been changed. So definitely some cosmetic changes, not sure yet about anything under the hood

Old 10-03-2019, 03:10 PM   #408
MVP

Quote:
Another patch dropped today adding the "Field of Fear" event stuff. It has altered Franchise as well, not sure with what as I havent seen patch notes yet. From loading up though, it has changed the menu setup in CFM. There's now a list of Superstar and Star players listed and your Schedules have been changed. So definitely some cosmetic changes, not sure yet about anything under the hood

Just read the patch notes. Can’t wait until my daughter gets here, so I can download the patch.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »