Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-04-2019, 10:11 PM   #433
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Still no offside or false start calls, even dropping the difficulty down to Rookie and 99/99 sliders. I've completed 4 games today.

There's so much to like about this patch. Animations have been cleaned up and scripting seems far less intrusive. The pass/run game has changed its dynamic and pass coverage looks so much more impressive, making the offence really have to work for passing yardage, which I personally love. The running game with our initial OP slider set seemed too effective, but I've tweaked my sliders ever so slightly and maybe found a better balance. I'm not going to commit to saying there finalised, but right now I'm looking at dropping run block to 49 and increasing tackling to 38. Just minor changes but its helping keep the backs from breaking free to easily, but still giving them the chance to reach triple digit + yardage if they get enough carries.

The only thing that's bugging me is the lack of offside calls. I may at the end of week 7 fixtures take a mini hiatus until EA fixes it, I'm pretty sure they tweaked it on their end and went too far. I fully expect it to come back in a future patch once they realise the error.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-05-2019, 09:03 AM   #434
Rookie

evancitywalker's Arena

*Sigh*

It's really frustrating we have to adjust sliders every dang week. It changes the dynamics and the fluidity and makes it inconsistent. These patches should be considered optional for offline play. We should be able to remove them and if we want to play online, we'd have to download it.

My franchise went from diverse scoring to every game having the winner scoring less than 27 points and every single game being competitive. Not every game should come down to the wire.

We should not have to fix this hot mess every week. I made the mistake of getting the downloadable version. I'll never make that mistake again. I'll either get a physical copy or maybe not at all.

I get it, it's all about the MUT, but I will never EVER pay MUT. It's not my thing.

Sorry for the rant, it's just really frustrating and now this game is becoming a burden than a joy.
Old 10-05-2019, 09:26 AM   #435
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evancitywalker
*Sigh*

It's really frustrating we have to adjust sliders every dang week. It changes the dynamics and the fluidity and makes it inconsistent. These patches should be considered optional for offline play. We should be able to remove them and if we want to play online, we'd have to download it.

My franchise went from diverse scoring to every game having the winner scoring less than 27 points and every single game being competitive. Not every game should come down to the wire.

We should not have to fix this hot mess every week. I made the mistake of getting the downloadable version. I'll never make that mistake again. I'll either get a physical copy or maybe not at all.

I get it, it's all about the MUT, but I will never EVER pay MUT. It's not my thing.

Sorry for the rant, it's just really frustrating and now this game is becoming a burden than a joy.

I don’t see as much of this stuff with this patch. Just the false starts and offsides. Do you guys play with the score ticker on? In the past, playing with the the scoreticker on has caused scripted plays. Just making sure you have that turned off.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2019, 01:58 PM   #436
MVP

fired up madden 19 with all time teams this morning. maybe they’ll do a small patch that unlocks the penalties. always something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Still no offside or false start calls, even dropping the difficulty down to Rookie and 99/99 sliders. I've completed 4 games today.

There's so much to like about this patch. Animations have been cleaned up and scripting seems far less intrusive. The pass/run game has changed its dynamic and pass coverage looks so much more impressive, making the offence really have to work for passing yardage, which I personally love. The running game with our initial OP slider set seemed too effective, but I've tweaked my sliders ever so slightly and maybe found a better balance. I'm not going to commit to saying there finalised, but right now I'm looking at dropping run block to 49 and increasing tackling to 38. Just minor changes but its helping keep the backs from breaking free to easily, but still giving them the chance to reach triple digit + yardage if they get enough carries.

The only thing that's bugging me is the lack of offside calls. I may at the end of week 7 fixtures take a mini hiatus until EA fixes it, I'm pretty sure they tweaked it on their end and went too far. I fully expect it to come back in a future patch once they realise the error.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-05-2019, 08:20 PM   #437
Rookie

evancitywalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I don’t see as much of this stuff with this patch. Just the false starts and offsides. Do you guys play with the score ticker on? In the past, playing with the the scoreticker on has caused scripted plays. Just making sure you have that turned off.
I never knew that was a thing. Why is that a thing?

Also, why all of a sudden are TEs the leading relievers every GD game? Why, EA, why?
Old 10-05-2019, 09:51 PM   #438
MVP

Icon6 Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by evancitywalker
I never knew that was a thing. Why is that a thing?

Also, why all of a sudden are TEs the leading relievers every GD game? Why, EA, why?
noticed this on madden 18 about the score ticker. it’s like the games gravitate to what’s been scripted. also wasnt seeing too many te catches. it’s just the missing penalties that’s killing it for me.

Teams finished:
Old 10-05-2019, 10:13 PM   #439
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Not entirely sure what to do with myself. I'm not keen on carrying on without offside penalties atm, but equally still enjoying the game.

I'm contemplating starting a new franchise save, controlling only one team against the AI. This will keep me in touch with the game and gives me an alternative method of playing. Purely as coach.

On the other hand, might just wait until penalties are patched back in before continuing. I cant imagine it being long, surely it must have been reported but poking around other threads, I haven't seen anyone else pick up on it. The only inkling to penalties I've seen is how many given yards they see per game. That is backward thinking to me. I care what type of penalties are called and in what context, not meeting some arbitrary figure by any means necessary. Who wants to see 14 holding calls per game or increased face mask calls just to make some quota on penalty averages?

Old 10-06-2019, 12:23 AM   #440
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Not entirely sure what to do with myself. I'm not keen on carrying on without offside penalties atm, but equally still enjoying the game.

I'm contemplating starting a new franchise save, controlling only one team against the AI. This will keep me in touch with the game and gives me an alternative method of playing. Purely as coach.

On the other hand, might just wait until penalties are patched back in before continuing. I cant imagine it being long, surely it must have been reported but poking around other threads, I haven't seen anyone else pick up on it. The only inkling to penalties I've seen is how many given yards they see per game. That is backward thinking to me. I care what type of penalties are called and in what context, not meeting some arbitrary figure by any means necessary. Who wants to see 14 holding calls per game or increased face mask calls just to make some quota on penalty averages?

Same boat. That’s a joke settling for 14 holding calls. I’ll play with the all time. If they fix it, they fix it. If not, this all time thing is better. Just really wanted to do a deep cfm with draft classes on 20.I can wait. Probably about to get The Show going too since it’s October.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »