Home

Tommycoaís Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoaís Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-06-2019, 07:49 AM   #441
Rookie

evancitywalker's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoaís Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Same boat. Thatís a joke settling for 14 holding calls. Iíll play with the all time. If they fix it, they fix it. If not, this all time thing is better. Just really wanted to do a deep cfm with draft classes on 20.I can wait. Probably about to get The Show going too since itís October.
I definitely think this will be the last year I get Madden. Now I can't even have a ticker, continuing to limit the immersion experience while also having to wonder week to week how CPU vs CPU will change.

It's all about MUT now. I fought it for as long as I could, but franchise is dead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2019, 09:54 AM   #442
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evancitywalker
I definitely think this will be the last year I get Madden. Now I can't even have a ticker, continuing to limit the immersion experience while also having to wonder week to week how CPU vs CPU will change.

It's all about MUT now. I fought it for as long as I could, but franchise is dead.
Tickerís been goofing things up since they added it. Itís very rare i find that we can use most of this extra stuff they add. It always messes with stuff.

Definitely glad i spent all of last year with madden 19 making the all time rosters. So, if the new game/patch sucks, i can always play 19 for my football fix. I get way more excited talking about those all time games than I do the real games on TV. The real thing isnít good anymore. Not to me. Itís gotten too east and west instead of north and south as it used to be. A student body toss sweep to the left used to be real exciting. Lots of hitting and blocking and cutting and fighting. Lots of contact. Now we have the bubble screen where players usually go out of bounds. Just not as good. Could sight many other examples. With the all time roster set, i get the old school toss sweeps regular with custom playbooks.

Just really wanted to do madden 20 because the cfm stuff is much improved and the playbooks look more like modern nfl than 19 did. I just want to go deep, deep into cfm. Even if it means only watching the playoff games from each season as it goes.

Who knows if theyíll even fix this penalty thing? Iím not sure why they continued patching after version 1.08. Now, itís almost back to 1.08 but they nuked the most called penalties in football, offsides and false starts. Without these penalties, the whole ebb and flow of games is different. Just donít care for it. The game plays way too clean now. Itís like theyíve killed any chance for error.

Just donít understand why these patches donít stay up in a download store where we have access to each version, and we can grab it anytime. Iíd pay 50 more bucks to be able to play 1.08 again. Thatís sad.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-06-2019, 10:12 AM   #443
MVP

OVR: 21

I didn't even get 20 this year. Went back to 18 with my greatest teams roster set watching cpu vs cpu and 19 with the 65 set. 20 is on hold for me...as of now see no reason to update.
Old 10-06-2019, 10:50 AM   #444
MVP

Lightbulb Re: Tommycoaís Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I didn't even get 20 this year. Went back to 18 with my greatest teams roster set watching cpu vs cpu and 19 with the 65 set. 20 is on hold for me...as of now see no reason to update.
Madden 19 with all time rosters is some of the best football ive ever seen. Pretty awesome to have amazing football at the flip of a switch, any time i want.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-06-2019, 11:30 AM   #445
Rookie

Yeah I've decided to just shelf Madden until all the patches are in at this point. Hopefully they have it working properly by then. If I didn't have a roster I wanted to get out early for 20 I probably would've waited until the price dropped a lot before buying it like I did for 19.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #446
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by meepichi
Yeah I've decided to just shelf Madden until all the patches are in at this point. Hopefully they have it working properly by then. If I didn't have a roster I wanted to get out early for 20 I probably would've waited until the price dropped a lot before buying it like I did for 19.
December or November usually holds the money patch. When it gets going good again, im done with patches. By the time a good patch hits, the season is well under way and all trades are final, so the need to be online isnít an issue for me because i have the disc. When and if it gets back to 1.08 awesomeness, iím Done with patches.

Teams finished:
Old 10-06-2019, 12:08 PM   #447
Rookie

evancitywalker's Arena

Wow, the game is playing way way way less scripted without the ticker. I'm really wish I knew this fact before.

Very annoyed tickers causes the scripted plays. I hate having to take other things away to make the game play better.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #448
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by evancitywalker
Wow, the game is playing way way way less scripted without the ticker. I'm really wish I knew this fact before.

Very annoyed tickers causes the scripted plays. I hate having to take other things away to make the game play better.
Minimalism is always best with madden. You canít enjoy the game you want to enjoy because most of the extra frills breaks the game. Most people get upset with me because i turn this type of stuff off. Say im not having fun. Itís not that. I want to use the score ticker, but if it breaks the game, Iím turning it off.

I guess i should put more emphasis on these settings in the OP. Most people treat these things like theyíre just user options, but in my set itís not the case. Iím trying to get the game to play the best to itís capabilities.

Something simple with penalties that i havent tries is simply using the preseason roster instead of the latest ea roster. Maybe the older roster will call offsides and false starts. Itís really the last thing i can think of that could save it.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »