Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-17-2019, 04:25 PM   #513
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Almost ready to take it back to out of the box settings, so false starts and offsides will return. Out of the box wasn’t that bad, just gonna miss how balanced the run/pass ratio is now. People just buy right into this superstar ability thing and that’s all they care about. I don’t even use that crap. Not sure if i’ve Needed any of these updates past 1.08. Why can’t we choose? It’d be like buying a car, but every few months i have to take it to the dealership and get an update for something i don’t need like a sixth cup holder. But without the sixth cup holder, i can no longer operate my vehicle like it used to perform, when I preferred it without the sixth cup holder.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 10-17-2019, 07:46 PM   #514
Rookie

evancitywalker's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Almost ready to take it back to out of the box settings, so false starts and offsides will return. Out of the box wasn’t that bad, just gonna miss how balanced the run/pass ratio is now. People just buy right into this superstar ability thing and that’s all they care about. I don’t even use that crap. Not sure if i’ve Needed any of these updates past 1.08. Why can’t we choose? It’d be like buying a car, but every few months i have to take it to the dealership and get an update for something i don’t need like a sixth cup holder. But without the sixth cup holder, i can no longer operate my vehicle like it used to perform, when I preferred it without the sixth cup holder.
That's been my biggest gripe. All that matters is MUT and X-Factor. I should be able to use any patch or not offline. I get online play, but leave offline players alone.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #515
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by evancitywalker
That's been my biggest gripe. All that matters is MUT and X-Factor. I should be able to use any patch or not offline. I get online play, but leave offline players alone.
Lately, Ive been doing play now games with iteachpercussions 1988 roster on PS4 Madden 20. Amazing stuff. He;s made some amazing custom playbooks as well. Still don’t see false starts or offsides, but at im watching bo jackson and Eric Dickerson. And they run the ball with them. Toss sweeps, god i miss the toss sweep.

I just don’t understand how you can take penalties away when i choose to play the sim style. Isn’t that why they added sim, competitive, and arcade? So they said, but when they patches come, every mode gets the same treatment. Makes no sense. None of this stuff does. Can’t believe all the suckers on here that just eat up the super X factor junk, but they complain about how over-powered. Blows my mind.

I don’t know, in cpu/cpu, ive never had problems with players playing to their ratings. Just don’t understand half this stuff they do. But when people eat this stuff up and actually think its good, well, thats all the patches focus on. People want sim, but when they take out false starts and offsides, it’s like the few of us in this forum all the only that cares about this stuff because when people play the game themselves and have the controller in hand, they feel cheated by the false starts. It’s a mess. Really no answer for it. Just glad i have 19 and the all time rosters. Glad i spent so much time on it. Now i’ll Always have a game to go to for my pigskin fix.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2019, 09:01 PM   #516
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Well, I hated my first game and deleted it before it reached the end. Granted, one game isn't enough to draw conclusions from but it seemed like everything was on "hyper". QB's had the ball on a wire, WR and TE made every catch and lots of RAC, RB ran through the line unimpeded and swatted the linebackers out of the way like they were pre schoolers.

All the tough football we had over the last couple of weeks seemed gone. I really enjoyed most of how the game was playing lately, my only drawback was the lack of penalty calls for offside/false start. I'm restarting that game and hoping it was a wonky one off.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-17-2019, 09:28 PM   #517
Rookie

evancitywalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Well, I hated my first game and deleted it before it reached the end. Granted, one game isn't enough to draw conclusions from but it seemed like everything was on "hyper". QB's had the ball on a wire, WR and TE made every catch and lots of RAC, RB ran through the line unimpeded and swatted the linebackers out of the way like they were pre schoolers.

All the tough football we had over the last couple of weeks seemed gone. I really enjoyed most of how the game was playing lately, my only drawback was the lack of penalty calls for offside/false start. I'm restarting that game and hoping it was a wonky one off.

Definitely let us know. I feel RB game is a little weak. I feel defense is overpowered based on my week 7 game between Cardinals and Giants.
Old 10-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #518
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by evancitywalker
Definitely let us know. I feel RB game is a little weak. I feel defense is overpowered based on my week 7 game between Cardinals and Giants.
One positive I'm seeing, some beautiful jukes and side steps from running backs, they've given them more weapons to make yards with rather than just a strong shoulder to break tackles.

QB's are going longer far more regularly now and seem to be finding receivers in space. This I'm not as keen on. I liked the AI we had in the last patch that dictated how offenses played. What we've got now seems too 'arcadey'

Old 10-17-2019, 10:42 PM   #519
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Second run at the same match yielded a better game, but still more offense oriented than we were getting pre-patch.

It was a Vikings/Chiefs game, Mahomes had an 86% pass completion and a 141.8 rating. Cousins threw over 320 yards with 63% completion, one fumble and one pick.

As for the RB's, Cook and Abdullah had around 50 yards each, so did Williams for KC. All in a 4.something averages.

I guess the game was in the boundaries of being realistic, maybe it's just me, I like "tough" football, where yards come hard fought. Which is what we had up until today's patch. Where 20 yard + runs or throws are rare but when they happen, you cant help but get up on the edge of your seat. Seems like today's patch made long distance passes too frequent.

Old 10-18-2019, 04:39 AM   #520
Rookie

evancitywalker's Arena

Okay, new thoughts.

Run game seems better, but passing offense still seems weak. Any real gains in passing comes from dump off passes to RBs who get YAC or TE. WRs not getting as much love.

Passing TDs are getting harder to come by.

I kept my sliders the same at the start of the season except one of the patches where pass defense was raised by 10 percent or so.

I'm getting really really sick and tired about us having to correct this week to week. This is supposed to be fun. Not stressful. I'm getting frustrated with us getting to where we are at peace with it only for EA to come out with a patch and once again destroy the experience we are having. It's BS.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »