Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2019, 01:25 AM   #537
MVP

orye74's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

I can understand that dudes frustration, especially since these patches are a weekly occurrence. Not only did I want to delete the game but I wanted to pull out the disc and snap it in half. But so far it’s been nothing but a few tweaks of the sliders to fix. I only run one season per madden, record it, and wait for next season. Been doing that since the first madden football when they only had 16 teams, hell, even before that will tecmo super bowl. But overall, compared to last year, I think it’s much better and much more watchable and the patches were much less damaging.
Old 10-20-2019, 08:41 AM   #538
Rookie

evancitywalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orye74
I can understand that dudes frustration, especially since these patches are a weekly occurrence. Not only did I want to delete the game but I wanted to pull out the disc and snap it in half. But so far it’s been nothing but a few tweaks of the sliders to fix. I only run one season per madden, record it, and wait for next season. Been doing that since the first madden football when they only had 16 teams, hell, even before that will tecmo super bowl. But overall, compared to last year, I think it’s much better and much more watchable and the patches were much less damaging.
That's the same way I played it. Just a season. Basically playing it the week of real NFL games. It used to be a lot of fun until weekly patches ruined that.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:09 AM   #539
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

Was starting to think that games weren't seeing enough offense and was going to suggest changes, then with no slider adjustments had a 35-34 game between Packers and Chargers. Lots of broken tackles and in the past 2 games I've seen Kareem Hunt and Melvin Gordon break the 100 yard rushing target in a game.

The only adjustment I've made since the previous set of sliders I used was drop fatigue from 80 to 60. That was to stop starting running backs rotating out on 3rd down and give them more opportunities to get carries. At 80 the rotation was a little to frequent. This by the way is at default auto subs because adjusting those was messing the game up.

I do wish we could do something about the amount of times QB's were throwing laterally though. Thats become more frequent on each patch.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #540
MVP

OVR: 6

What is everyone using for the career clock option in CFM. I’d been playing with it turned OFF, and the offense was bad. Like they were playing in mud, but with it turned on, I’m noticing an uptick in offense. Just curious to what you guys are doing with this setting? On or Off. ON seems to be better so far. Rbs are making more moves, wrs too. The RPO bubble screen play can now be somewhat effective and not too over-powered.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 11-03-2019, 02:42 PM   #541
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
What is everyone using for the career clock option in CFM. I’d been playing with it turned OFF, and the offense was bad. Like they were playing in mud, but with it turned on, I’m noticing an uptick in offense. Just curious to what you guys are doing with this setting? On or Off. ON seems to be better so far. Rbs are making more moves, wrs too. The RPO bubble screen play can now be somewhat effective and not too over-powered.
Having a good time again. Strongly recommend playing with Career Clock turned ON. Animations are looking really good. Gameplay too. Looking more like it did in earlier release, minus the false start and offsides penalties.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2019, 07:31 PM   #542
MVP

Just updated the OP. TGPunisher made some adjustments here. Big thing, make sure career clock is on. It helps make players more aggressive and play more to ratings and even the Superstar Abilities, even though it’s off. Been watching some great action all day. Only thing still wrong is the lack of offsides and false start penalties. Everything else seems to be money.

Hope you guys enjoy. And a big shoutout to TG for keeping me interested in the game this release.

Quote:
1. On setup do expert level and SIM. When in CFM change to Pro skill level. All madden at setup helps playcalling AI and pro in cfm drives better animations and the ratings matter more. Best of both worlds. In the past, all pro has gave me scripted outcomes.

2. Just leave main menu default

Skill pro —-remember this changes from initial setting

Game style simulation
League type; coaches and owner
Instant starter OFF
Deadline ON
Trade Type enable all
Coach firing ON—->this doesnt mess with gameplay like past iterations
Salary cap on
Superstar abilities OFF
Injury ON
Pre existing injury Off
Squad steal on
Career clock ON——>when this is off offense struggles.
Progression user choice

Quarter length 10 minutes
Accelerated clock ON———>check the notes
Runoff time: OFF——->check the notes

Go to the second accelerated clock option, runoff time and turn it to OFF. Yes this is the one that has numbers, but if you flip all the way through, you’ll see OFF. Turn it OFF.

Main Menu
10 minute quarters
set accelerated clock to 25 seconds
then Turn Accelerated Clock OFF.

Ball hawk and the other stuff turn it off. turn off all visual aids as well and set camera to broadcast.

audio levels-i had these different. only thing that was different from the two profiles and the game was playing goofy. animations and stats were amazing, the results were just skewed. since i set everything even, man this is awesome.

in main menu, change skill level from all-madden to pro. all madden at setup makes the cpu play smarter and pro in main menu helps drive more animations.

Sliders (same for hum and cpu)
Qb acc 66
Pass block 35
Wr catch 41
Run block 49
Fumbles 35
Pass defense reaction time 60
Int 60
Pass cover 60
Tackle 37——->lowered it from 38

Special teams default

Injuries 20——>dropped from 35
Fatigue-65
Min player speed threshold 50

Offside 99
False start 45
Holding 60
Facemask 50
block in back 51
Def pass int 99
roughing passer 51
All other penalties ON

Default auto subs

Teams finished:

Last edited by tommycoa; 11-05-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 02:09 PM   #543
MVP

Just updated the OP with 2 minor changes. Bumped tackle down from 38 to 37 and bumped Injury down from 35 to 20. Probably will be more changes down the road, but these have looked good to me for a limited amount of test games.

Quote:
1. On setup do expert level and SIM. When in CFM change to Pro skill level. All madden at setup helps playcalling AI and pro in cfm drives better animations and the ratings matter more. Best of both worlds. In the past, all pro has gave me scripted outcomes.

2. Just leave main menu default

Skill pro —-remember this changes from initial setting

Game style simulation
League type; coaches and owner
Instant starter OFF
Deadline ON
Trade Type enable all
Coach firing ON—->this doesnt mess with gameplay like past iterations
Salary cap on
Superstar abilities OFF
Injury ON
Pre existing injury Off
Squad steal on
Career clock ON——>when this is off offense struggles.
Progression user choice
On-field control-ON
Quarter length 10 minutes
Accelerated clock ON———>check the notes
Runoff time: OFF——->check the notes

Go to the second accelerated clock option, runoff time and turn it to OFF. Yes this is the one that has numbers, but if you flip all the way through, you’ll see OFF. Turn it OFF.

Main Menu
10 minute quarters
set accelerated clock to 25 seconds
then Turn Accelerated Clock OFF.

Ball hawk and the other stuff turn it off. turn off all visual aids as well and set camera to broadcast.

audio levels-i had these different. only thing that was different from the two profiles and the game was playing goofy. animations and stats were amazing, the results were just skewed. since i set everything even, man this is awesome.

in main menu, change skill level from all-madden to pro. all madden at setup makes the cpu play smarter and pro in main menu helps drive more animations.

Sliders (same for hum and cpu)
Qb acc 66
Pass block 35
Wr catch 41
Run block 49
Fumbles 35
Pass defense reaction time 60
Int 60
Pass cover 60
Tackle 37——>lowered from 38

Special teams default

Injuries 20——>lowered from 35
Fatigue-65
Min player speed threshold 50

Offside 99
False start 45
Holding 60
Facemask 50
block in back 51
Def pass int 99
roughing passer 51
All other penalties ON

Default auto subs

Teams finished:
Old 11-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #544
Rookie

I’m seeing a lil problem teams r scoring on every drive fg or td never punt chargers just beat colts 45-20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »