Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2020, 08:47 AM   #705
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

@Tommycoa: I'm kinda new to the CPU vs CPU world after getting bored by playing the game the "normal" way (controlling the players). I've skimmed through this thread but I don't have the time to really read through 88 pages, so I've got some questions:

1) Do I understand it correctly that these sliders are intended for supersimmed games on 'slow' supersim?

2) Could you elaborate on why you've turned ACC clock OFF in main menu and ON in franchise mode?

3) Could you elaborate on why it's neccessary to take control of the opposing team and always control the away team? What happens if I control the home team?

4) I understand that using different playbooks heavily influences AI playcalling (e.g. more zone run plays are called when using the Cowboys PB, more quick passes are called when using the Pats PB). Is there any other way to influence the AI playcalling for my team? Does 'scheme' have any influence on AI playcalling?

Sorry for all those rookie questions ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2020, 02:13 PM   #706
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
@Tommycoa: I'm kinda new to the CPU vs CPU world after getting bored by playing the game the "normal" way (controlling the players). I've skimmed through this thread but I don't have the time to really read through 88 pages, so I've got some questions:

1) Do I understand it correctly that these sliders are intended for supersimmed games on 'slow' supersim?

2) Could you elaborate on why you've turned ACC clock OFF in main menu and ON in franchise mode?

3) Could you elaborate on why it's neccessary to take control of the opposing team and always control the away team? What happens if I control the home team?

4) I understand that using different playbooks heavily influences AI playcalling (e.g. more zone run plays are called when using the Cowboys PB, more quick passes are called when using the Pats PB). Is there any other way to influence the AI playcalling for my team? Does 'scheme' have any influence on AI playcalling?

Sorry for all those rookie questions ;-)
1. Yes. Slow speed super sim.

2. HC0023 and Bakedchaney came up with this setting For madden 19. Just offers smoother gameplay. Also gets in and out of plays really fast unless there’s a replay.

3. Results seem skewed when you use the home team. I can’t remember but it seems like the home team always wins win you you choose them. When i always choose the away team, the home team always goes 9-7 doing a 16 game week one test where i use all the teams. In the real nfl, the home team’s usually go 9-7 during any given week. When using the home team, the home team with win more game.

4. Yes. Scheme+playbook influences both simmed Games and games watched with slow speed Super Sim. For the past week or 2 ive been simming the entire regular season and only watching the playoff games. I’m really deep into a cfm for testing, i think im in year 11 now. Some star players don’t fit well with playbooks and they will under perform both on field in slow super sim and with simming week to week. There are certain playbooks and schemes that work well, but there’s no real way to diagram it all. When you get deep into a cfm, the personnel is so random, it’s really hard to help someone build the playbooks and schemes. I’d just have to see the roster talent. Defense is easier to pin down. It’s more on the offensive side what im speaking of. With stars under performing if they’re in bad schemes, playbooks, or both. This stuff is really hard to explain without doing a video.

Sent from my iPad

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 03-25-2020, 02:51 PM   #707
Pro

Thanks for your quick reply. I've watched 5 games using your sliders (set exactly the way you've recommended in the OP), they really play well but I have one major downside:
For some strange reason mobile QBs don't scramble on your set. Before using your set I watched some games (supersim slow) on default sliders and guys like Kyler Murray or Dak Prescott scrambled for first downs on a regular basis when nothing was open on a passing play. Since I started using your sliders those same QBs have stopped scrambling, they just move inside the pocket and take too many coverage sacks.

Any way to get those mobile QBs scrambling again?
Old 03-25-2020, 03:00 PM   #708
MVP

Quote:
Thanks for your quick reply. I've watched 5 games using your sliders (set exactly the way you've recommended in the OP), they really play well but I have one major downside:
For some strange reason mobile QBs don't scramble on your set. Before using your set I watched some games (supersim slow) on default sliders and guys like Kyler Murray or Dak Prescott scrambled for first downs on a regular basis when nothing was open on a passing play. Since I started using your sliders those same QBs have stopped scrambling, they just move inside the pocket and take too many coverage sacks.

Any way to get those mobile QBs scrambling again?

Youve to to edit them to where they’re scramblers not improvisers. Set qb type to scrambler. And then use one of the schemes that has the qb set to scrambler.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 03-25-2020, 04:56 PM   #709
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Youve to to edit them to where they’re scramblers not improvisers. Set qb type to scrambler. And then use one of the schemes that has the qb set to scrambler.
Yep, that was the issue. Problem fixed. Thank you.
Old 03-25-2020, 06:21 PM   #710
Pro

Did you recognize any differences in stats and playcalling between the different forms of simulation (sim, supersim fast, supersim normal, supersim slow)?
Old 03-25-2020, 07:28 PM   #711
MVP

Quote:
Did you recognize any differences in stats and playcalling between the different forms of simulation (sim, supersim fast, supersim normal, supersim slow)?
It’s been since last season since i tested the different forms. Last year for a while i did the play the moments thing and watch in slow super sim on key plays. The game prompts it. It was pretty fun, and the stats were legit. That was last year though.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2020, 07:41 PM   #712
MVP

I added this to the setup rules I go by.

6. Hate doing this but game seems to play way better if you delete the profile after each game played. This sucks because we havent had to do that this year. Seems like this year end patches always mess up the game more than it helps it. Game was way more stable before the last patch. But this makes it better as far as sacks and qb play in general.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Made some big changes with this set.

The following stats are from the year 2024 playoff games. All 11 games. Had a good time with this. Even the 2 blowouts were fun to watch. Each game was really different in how things unfolded. Didnt feel scripted at all. Stats look real good on these as does the gameplay.

Here’s a youtube link to all the boxscores from the playoff games:
https://youtu.be/zKEBv7HdJug

Average score-28.1-19.5
Total offense-360
Rushing 126
Passing-236
Passing TDs-1.45
Rushing tds-0.61
Sacks-2.5
Ints-0.73
Fumbles-0.90
Points-24.1

Total offense=360 a game
————-

Rushing=123.8
————-

Passing=236
———

Passing tds 1.45 per team
——-

Rushing 1.2 a game
——-

Sacks (5 sacks a game)
———-

INTs= 0.73 a game
——-

Fumbles=0.90 a game

Points 24.1 points a game
35-25
37-20
23-16
34-28
41-16
33-30
12-7
22-19
25-13
27-24
27-17
———-

Average score 28.1-19.5

Sent from my iPad

tips that’s make the game play better.

1. Don’t play with your console connected to the internet. Like I’ve said before It’s like the game constantly gets hidden updates for MUT and makes it impossible for sliders to stick and be consistent.

2. Make sure you download an older official ea roster. In the video link of boxscores, at the end, show a ps4 profile that has the old rosters. Week 8 is the best week because it was the middle of season, trades were made, but rookies arent too highly rated. The guys profile name is stingin70

3. Don’t skip cutscenes. This includes pregame commentary and halftime show. This has cause tons of probs in past. Not nearly as many cutscenes now anyway. Game moves pretty fast from play to play unless there’s a replay. Just stick through it and watch. Also im hooking ,y controller to the ps4 when in the controller select screen before i press start to play the game. Again, this seems to help things.

3. Always take ownership of your opponent. And when you play games, make sure you’re controlling the Away team. This evens things up and offers fair play. When the home team’s chosen, things can get wonky.

4. When the actual game starts, im mashing the pause button and doing super sim through pause screen.

5. After each game I’m restarting the game. I’m not doing the profile delete. Just restarting the game.

6. Hate doing this but game seems to play way better if you delete the profile after each game played. This sucks because we havent had to do that this year. Seems like this year end patches always mess up the game more than it helps it. Game was way more stable before the last patch. But this makes it better as far as sacks and qb play in general.

Active Roster Sliders for CFM

These were tested in year 4 using custom draft classes from online with real ncaa players and tdawgs XP sliders.

Instructions:

Delete profile.
TWO SETS OF SLIDERS HERE. FIRST SET PLAYS FOR THE ACTIVE ROSTER OPTION IN CFM.

ACTIVE ROSTER SLIDERS FOR CFM CPU/CPU

1. DELETE PROFILE
2. Upon game starting, choose EXPERT and Simulation

Main Menu
Settings—->game options

Skill level-All Madden
Game style- simulation
Quarter length-10 minutes
Play clock-ON
First, Jiggle minimum play clock time to 25 second run-off, and then turn accelerated clock OFF
Live playbooks: OFF

Gameplay helpers
Auto flip def call-OFF
Defensive Ball Hawk-OFF
Defensive Heat seeker-OFF
Defensive Switch-OFF
Coach Mode-OFF

Injuries-35——>bumped this down from 40.
Fatigue 65
Player Speed Parity Scale: 93

VISUAL FEEDBACK
—————————-
Dynamic Play Call- OFF
Play Call Style—ENHANCED
Previous play info-OFF
On field Visual feedback OFF
On field trainer-OFF
Defensive pass cover assist-OFF
Receiver visual assist-OFF
Drive goals and feed back-OFF
Franchise bottom line ticker-OFF
Franchise gameplan boost notification-OFF
Coaching tips-OFF
Pre_snap Menu-OFF
Player Names-OFF

Camera toggle-OFF
Passing Cam-OFF
Offense camera-broadcast
Defense cam-Broadcast
Franchise Player role camera - standard

Controller vibration-OFF

Volume control
On the field-60

Active roster/playing with console completely unplugged from internet

CFM League Settings:
Change from all madden to PRO Skill level
Simulation
Coaches and Owners——>check the note below
Instant starter off
Trade deadline on
Coach firing on
Salary cap on
Superstar off
Relocation normal—->user choice
Injury on
Per existing injury on
Practice squad stealing on
Player progression frequency on
Career clock off
Full onfield control off
Minimum roster size 51—>ea’s recommendation in screen to the right. Description
In season player movement unlimited
Player ovr cut no restriction
Offseason player cut limit unlimited
Quarter length 10 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Minimum play clock time off

User team help
Auto on all but scout players. Make sure this is the same for all the teams you use.

Tutorial pop ups off
Auto progress on
Fill roster on

I always take console of team my team plays and always start the game with the away team. This seems to give 9–7 home team record in 16 game tests. This is the real nfl average. Home team goes 9-7.

*******coaches and owner note...i never use the coaches, still only owners, but something crazy happened with this during the last patch. I can’t get the real owners to show up anymore. It gives a created character name. And when you use the created character name for an owner, the game plays crazy. When you use owners and coaches, when you create a new owner, you just make up the name, i always choose financial mogul and make them all the same. This has helped eliminate crazy games.

Sliders (same for hum and cpu)
QB Accuracy - 81
Pass Blocking - 40
WR Catching - 44
Run Blocking - 49
Fumbles - 35
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 60
Interceptions - 80
Pass Coverage - 60
Tackling - 35

Default all 50 on special teams sliders

Injuries - 34
Fatigue - 65
Min Speed Player Threshold - 93

Offside - 60
False Start - 50
Holding - 65——->want to see more
Face Mask - 53—->helps more penalties get called. Almost like a master penalty slider.
Defensive Pass Interference - 99
Illegal Block In The Back - 53
Roughing Passer - 50

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »