Home

Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

This is a discussion on Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While It’s On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 03-31-2020, 09:11 AM   #729
Rookie

TG The Punisher's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tommycoa’s Madden 20 Cpu/cpu Base Set

Not sure if anyone else is seeing the same, but I'm noticing QB's aren't volume passing to the TE anymore and the yardage gained on passes to the TE seems to have come down. They're still getting a reasonable amount of passes but it's more like 6 or 7 rather than 10 or 12 and more underneath routes rather than 20+ yarders.

Hundred yard games are still there but they're for the WR rather than TE. I'd like to see it with a prolific TE but Kelce who was the leading yardage gain picked up an injury in my 32 team Franchise and won't play for the next 5 weeks.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-31-2020, 11:28 AM   #730
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TG The Punisher
Not sure if anyone else is seeing the same, but I'm noticing QB's aren't volume passing to the TE anymore and the yardage gained on passes to the TE seems to have come down. They're still getting a reasonable amount of passes but it's more like 6 or 7 rather than 10 or 12 and more underneath routes rather than 20+ yarders.

Hundred yard games are still there but they're for the WR rather than TE. I'd like to see it with a prolific TE but Kelce who was the leading yardage gain picked up an injury in my 32 team Franchise and won't play for the next 5 weeks.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Operation Sports mobile app
ive played 13 games in this week one test and out of the top 10 wr performances so far, 3 are tight ends and 7 are receivers. eagles tight end ertz had a 100 yards and 2 tds.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 03-31-2020, 11:33 AM   #731
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnum
Something seems wrong after the latest patch dropped a couple of days ago.

- way more sacks than before, due to the QB not getting rid of the ball
- completion percentages are down (even good QBs average in the 50s)
- QBs just seem to behave weird (can't put my finger on it)
- RPOs are basically useless as most of them get called back due to 'ineligible man downfield' penalty
I’ve made a few small adjustments and it’s helped the sacks some. just turning off Intentional Grounding in the MM but leaving it on in the CFM.

Percentages haven’t been low with this test. cam completed 90 percent of his passes and i think the worst ive seen is 52 percent. can’t remember who it was.

qbs seem to be a little more aware with IG. they seem to be able to get rid of the ball just a little quicker.

im seeing rpos work as well. might be the best they’ve worked all release. before this patch, they’d throw it to screen man for 1 yard gain or 2 yard loss. now they’re actually getting some yards out of it. seems like they may be handing off more than they were on the rpos. you can’t really tell on that.

im also not seeing as many defensive tds. as i say that, the browns just had a pick 6.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2020, 01:03 PM   #732
MVP

Quote:
Something seems wrong after the latest patch dropped a couple of days ago.

- way more sacks than before, due to the QB not getting rid of the ball
- completion percentages are down (even good QBs average in the 50s)
- QBs just seem to behave weird (can't put my finger on it)
- RPOs are basically useless as most of them get called back due to 'ineligible man downfield' penalty
This is a list of the 30 qbs completion percentage that have played in each game so far.

91 cam was 22-24 for 5 tds
______
2009/30 qbs used

67%—->1 percent off real average.

1—90 percent game
3—80 percent games
8-70 percent games
10-60 percent
6- 50 percent games
1-40 percent game

Teams finished:
Old 03-31-2020, 01:19 PM   #733
MVP

for some perspective on this, i dug up the week one qb performances from this season.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...ng&from_link=1

cam’s madden performance closely resembled what Lamar jackson did in week one.

jackson was 17/20 for 324, 5 tds and no picks. Gardner minshew also had a high completion rate as well in week one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
This is a list of the 30 qbs completion percentage that have played in each game so far.

91 cam was 22-24 for 5 tds
______
2009/30 qbs used

67%—->1 percent off real average.

1—90 percent game
3—80 percent games
8-70 percent games
10-60 percent
6- 50 percent games
1-40 percent game

Teams finished:
Old 03-31-2020, 08:31 PM   #734
MVP

just made a few changes.

1. turn off intentional grounding penalty in the Main Menu. this seems to fix sack problem. qbs get the ball out quicker.

2. dropped wr catch 1 point to 43

3. dropped facemask a point to 52

I had a whole database built with stats from the week 1 year 2 test but the file got deleted somehow. sacks were half a sack too high. the other stats were right near the 2019 average. takes about 30 minutes to average them, just don’t have the time to redo it.

there was 350 yards a game total offense
232 passing and 118 rushing. can’t remember the other stats, but they were real close, minus the sacks. fumbles were a bit low as well, but there was a fraction more ints that made the total turnover number close to real average.

https://youtu.be/5Pc4F1yYPiQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Made some big changes with this set.

tips that’s make the game play better.

1. Don’t play with your console connected to the internet. Like I’ve said before It’s like the game constantly gets hidden updates for MUT and makes it impossible for sliders to stick and be consistent.

2. Make sure you download an older official ea roster. In the video link of boxscores, at the end, show a ps4 profile that has the old rosters. Week 8 is the best week because it was the middle of season, trades were made, but rookies arent too highly rated. The guys profile name is stingin70

3. Don’t skip cutscenes. This includes pregame commentary and halftime show. This has cause tons of probs in past. Not nearly as many cutscenes now anyway. Game moves pretty fast from play to play unless there’s a replay. Just stick through it and watch. Also im hooking ,y controller to the ps4 when in the controller select screen before i press start to play the game. Again, this seems to help things.

3. Always take ownership of your opponent. And when you play games, make sure you’re controlling the Away team. This evens things up and offers fair play. When the home team’s chosen, things can get wonky.

4. When the actual game starts, im mashing the pause button and doing super sim through pause screen.

5. After each game I’m restarting the game. I’m not doing the profile delete. Just restarting the game.

6. Hate doing this but game seems to play way better if you delete the profile after each game played. This sucks because we havent had to do that this year. Seems like this year end patches always mess up the game more than it helps it. Game was way more stable before the last patch. But this makes it better as far as sacks and qb play in general.

Active Roster Sliders for CFM

These were tested in year 4 using custom draft classes from online with real ncaa players and tdawgs XP sliders.

Instructions:

Delete profile.
TWO SETS OF SLIDERS HERE. FIRST SET PLAYS FOR THE ACTIVE ROSTER OPTION IN CFM.

ACTIVE ROSTER SLIDERS FOR CFM CPU/CPU

1. DELETE PROFILE
2. Upon game starting, choose EXPERT and Simulation

Main Menu
Settings—->game options

Skill level-All Madden
Game style- simulation
Quarter length-10 minutes
Play clock-ON
First, Jiggle minimum play clock time to 25 second run-off, and then turn accelerated clock OFF
Live playbooks: OFF

Gameplay helpers
Auto flip def call-OFF
Defensive Ball Hawk-OFF
Defensive Heat seeker-OFF
Defensive Switch-OFF
Coach Mode-OFF

Injuries-35——>bumped this down from 40.
Fatigue 65
Player Speed Parity Scale: 93

Penalties
GO to main menu and Turn Off the intentional grounding penalty. this is only in MM. leave it on in CFM. this seems to help with the sack issue without meddling with pesky ratings and traits.

VISUAL FEEDBACK
—————————-
Dynamic Play Call- OFF
Play Call Style—ENHANCED
Previous play info-OFF
On field Visual feedback OFF
On field trainer-OFF
Defensive pass cover assist-OFF
Receiver visual assist-OFF
Drive goals and feed back-OFF
Franchise bottom line ticker-OFF
Franchise gameplan boost notification-OFF
Coaching tips-OFF
Pre_snap Menu-OFF
Player Names-OFF

Camera toggle-OFF
Passing Cam-OFF
Offense camera-broadcast
Defense cam-Broadcast
Franchise Player role camera - standard

Controller vibration-OFF

Volume control
On the field-60

Active roster/playing with console completely unplugged from internet

CFM League Settings:
Change from all madden to PRO Skill level
Simulation
Coaches and Owners——>check the note below
Instant starter off
Trade deadline on
Coach firing on
Salary cap on
Superstar off
Relocation normal—->user choice
Injury on
Per existing injury on
Practice squad stealing on
Player progression frequency on
Career clock off
Full onfield control off
Minimum roster size 51—>ea’s recommendation in screen to the right. Description
In season player movement unlimited
Player ovr cut no restriction
Offseason player cut limit unlimited
Quarter length 10 minutes
Accelerated clock on
Minimum play clock time off

User team help
Auto on all but scout players. Make sure this is the same for all the teams you use.

Tutorial pop ups off
Auto progress on
Fill roster on

I always take console of team my team plays and always start the game with the away team. This seems to give 9–7 home team record in 16 game tests. This is the real nfl average. Home team goes 9-7.

*******coaches and owner note...i never use the coaches, still only owners, but something crazy happened with this during the last patch. I can’t get the real owners to show up anymore. It gives a created character name. And when you use the created character name for an owner, the game plays crazy. When you use owners and coaches, when you create a new owner, you just make up the name, i always choose financial mogul and make them all the same. This has helped eliminate crazy games.

Sliders (same for hum and cpu)
QB Accuracy - 81
Pass Blocking - 40
WR Catching - 43
Run Blocking - 49
Fumbles - 35
Pass Defense Reaction Time - 60
Interceptions - 80
Pass Coverage - 60
Tackling - 35

Default all 50 on special teams sliders

Injuries - 34
Fatigue - 65
Min Speed Player Threshold - 93

Offside - 60
False Start - 50
Holding - 65——->want to see more
Face Mask - 52—->helps more penalties get called. Almost like a master penalty slider.
Defensive Pass Interference - 99
Illegal Block In The Back - 53
Roughing Passer - 50

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Teams finished:

Last edited by tommycoa; 03-31-2020 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:21 PM   #735
Pro

OVR: 0

Pass completion averages are good now but I'm seeing A TON of checkdowns, especially to the RB. My RB usually has 8-12 catches per game (no matter what kind of QB/RB combination I use). So far this season (7 games in, all with the updated version of your sliders) my Power RB (77 OVR) leads the team in receptions while the outside WRs don't get a lot of targets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #736
MVP

Quote:
Pass completion averages are good now but I'm seeing A TON of checkdowns, especially to the RB. My RB usually has 8-12 catches per game (no matter what kind of QB/RB combination I use). So far this season (7 games in, all with the updated version of your sliders) my Power RB (77 OVR) leads the team in receptions while the outside WRs don't get a lot of targets.
i may have to make some more slight adjustments to qb acc, pass block, and wr catch.

Before I do that, I want to run a week 1, 16 game test with IG OFF on all the games. only did it for the last 4 contests on the previous week 1, 16 game test.

probably will take me a day or two to do the test. I’ll look at the averages and such when I finish the eighth game of the test. that’ll be the halfway point.

got to say, i didn’t see rbs catch many passes in the this last test, but again, only 4 games with IG off.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »