Home

Here's what I'm trying to do...

This is a discussion on Here's what I'm trying to do... within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2022, 09:51 PM   #1
Rookie

timmermac's Arena

OVR: 1
Here's what I'm trying to do...

I will freely admit that I am not very good at this game. I play on pro difficulty in sim mode with offensive sliders turned up so I can actually get some offense. What I'm looking for is something maybe a bit more realistic than what I'm getting, especially on defense, where I really suck. I want sliders that will generate the following stats consistently with a variety of game scores.

15 minute quarters
Offense:
250-300 passing yards per game
anywhere from 50-75% completion rate
4.5-6.0 yards per carry
65-75 plays per game

Defense:
top 10 in all categories
10-20 points per game
sacks
interceptions
opposing quarterbacks and rushers to have occasional bad games.

Can I get this on Pro/Sim, or will I have to start my franchise over with new settings? And where should I set all sliders to get the desired results? Again, bear in mind that I am not very good when I control things...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2022, 03:08 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Here's what I'm trying to do...

Apologies if I sound like a 'git gud' guy, but if you are struggling on Pro, it's not sliders you need to worry about. Keep everything on default and just play, learn from the mistakes you make and don't throw the ball in that situation again. Run the ball a bit more often to get yourself into short yardage positions so you aren't relying on getting 10 yards on third down. Using sliders to eliminate your mistakes won't make you a better player.

On defence, look at the players the opponent has on the next play and best guess run/pass and choose your play from that. User a D lineman if you are struggling with coverage, if you have a Superstar or X Factor D lineman you should be able to light up the O line regularly.

As for sliders for getting realistic stats across the board, you're probably better off looking for the Holy Grail!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »