Home

TheBoy35's XP Sliders for CFM

This is a discussion on TheBoy35's XP Sliders for CFM within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
TheBoy35's XP Sliders for CFM

So first off, these have been tested quite a bit. My goal was to keep the Madden default rosters distribution through all positions years into a franchise. I'm pretty happy that at this point the distribution stays pretty much identical years into a franchise. This is after patch 1.07.

My Method:
- I use the current rosters from EA in week 1 of the preseason, though I think these will work really well with TFG rosters when they drop (which I recommend).

- I used default draft classes on one test and the top user draft classes on another. It doesn't seem to matter, so credit to draft class makers.

- I take each position and break it down to number of playes in a given OVR range. My Ranges are:
  • 90's
  • 85-89
  • 85-89
  • 80-84
  • 75-79
  • 70-74
  • 65-69
  • 60-64
- I test each at 5 year sim, 10 year sim and 15 year sim. It seems to stay consistent through the first 10 years and dips a little at the top into year 15. The reason I do that is for people who play their franchises - we probably aren't going to make it 20 years into the future playing games. Those who sim multiple years in one setting I suggest TDawgs XP sliders, he uses 20 year sims for testing. These could work great in 20 or 30 year sims. No idea, haven't tested them.

- One problem I noticed is no matter what I do, the number of players in the 60-64's range (one of the largest ranges) stays lower than the default roster. Usually by 5 players in all positions but RB, WR, and CB where it is around 10 players or so because of the higher volume. All this really does is increase the spread between great players and replacement level players a bit. Also, the default rosters have 75 players a team, where as in a franchise you're mostly carrying 53. So other than preseason you won't ever notice this.

So here they are:
  • QB's - 90
  • HB's - 135
  • TE's - 150
  • WR's - 120
  • FB's - 125
  • T's - 110
  • G's - 120
  • C's - 130
  • DE's - 140
  • DT's - 128
  • MLB's - 92
  • OLB's - 105
  • CB's - 110
  • FS's - 85
  • SS's - 110
  • K's & P's - 150

I don't plan on doing regular updates and tweeking these sliders everyday, so feel free to tweek them as you want and repost them. After major patches, if I notice something broken, or if I discover a better rating I'll tweek them. If one position is a little off for your personal taste, I don't recommend going more than + or - 5 or they could change the distribution pretty drastically.

Enjoy these. They work really well and I'm happy with them. This new Madden rating structure is the best thing for CFM in years so I wanted to make sure that structure stays consistent years into a franchise to keep immersion.

Last edited by Chiefs#35; 08-11-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2019, 03:11 PM   #2
Just started!

kingbrimley's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TheBoy35's XP Sliders for CFM

Been looking for an alternative XP slider set for my play style. Will give these a try. Thanks for putting them together for those of us too lazy to do our own testing.
Old 01-11-2020, 02:02 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: TheBoy35's XP Sliders for CFM

Do you have these set for weekly or every 4 weeks?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »