Home

RFF's M20 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

This is a discussion on RFF's M20 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 08-20-2019, 08:04 PM   #17
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M20 32-man CFM USER v USER Sliders

Thanks you for the best SIMULATION SLIDE every year.
Old 08-21-2019, 06:36 PM   #18
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

With regards to the new patch with the double team mechanic, I expect passing to get even better as most sacks have been coming from the Superstar guys. I won't get good data on this until week 5, but I would expect we may need to lower pass-blocking to compensate, effectively making other guys better pass rushers as Superstars are mitigated more.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(M20 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 08-23-2019, 10:01 PM   #19
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

ver 0.93 update

Passing still too good which is the key driver in high scoring (duh) but each week we're getting closer to our target.

Median Pts is not necessarily the only thing we're balancing for but it's a solid high level read on offense given our high snap counts:

Latest round of updates (notice the tweaks are much smaller in magnitude now):
-accuracy
-pbk
-rbk
-fum (fumble rate was a bit too low after jacking it up to 83-85)
+false start

OP has been updated with latest sliders, adjusted values in yellow:

Commissioner
(M20 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 08-26-2019, 11:04 AM   #20
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

ver 0.94 update (week 6):

Leaving passing game where it is--for now. (Personal aside: I think a lot of the passing surge is just due to players not having adjusted to M20 yet. Man coverage is a LOT better now, especially on this slider set. Match coverage is better. Vanilla spot-drop zones which have been the 70-90% staple of Madden players for years now but are a minority of NFL plays are much worse against deeper throws in M20.)

Run game is still too high, actually went up fairly significantly vs wk 6 despite dropping RBK slightly, so unclear how much was the patch and how much was just last week being a down week.

OP has been updated:

Commissioner
(M20 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 08-29-2019, 10:29 PM   #21
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Ver 0.95 update:

Rushing is still way too high. When I look deeper, 4%-4.5% of our runs are going for 20+ yds. The NFL median is 2.5%, so we're 60-80% higher. This leads me to believe (along with I'm sure all of our eye tests) that tackling is more the key issue than RBK. You don't want to drop RBK too low in a vacuum or you get a realistic YPC but what's actually happening is tons of negative runs + too many huge runs. That's not realistic gameplay.

Fumble rate too low, dropping to high 70s.

Passing is still high too, but with the changes to Tackle slider, I want to see how that affects RAC & passing before changing too much more there.

I didn't have time to update our sliders before wk 7, but these changes will go into place when we advance to wk 8 in a couple days (OP updated as well).

Commissioner
(M20 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel

Last edited by Aestis; 08-30-2019 at 10:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 02:59 PM   #22
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Im curious, Why do you have the speed threshold at 80? I was always under the impression the higher you have that , creates less difference between people with higher speed vs people with lower speeds. Thus seemingly that would make them closer to same speeds at 80 no?

Just curious about this .

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Old 09-05-2019, 06:32 PM   #23
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
Im curious, Why do you have the speed threshold at 80? I was always under the impression the higher you have that , creates less difference between people with higher speed vs people with lower speeds. Thus seemingly that would make them closer to same speeds at 80 no?

Just curious about this .

Correct.

80 is where the in-game difference between an avg speed WR and an avg speed OL benchmarks closest to the NFL. Some Madden players love to say they "want speed to matter" and thus use low threshold. But the difference in speeds ends up being FAR greater than the NFL. NFL is a game of inches, WRs don't just run past DBs by 5-8 yds off sheer speed difference.

Speed still matters a lot at 80 threshold. 32 guys drafting & starting fast players prove that out. But it's not the only thing that matters.

Commissioner
(M20 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel
Old 09-05-2019, 06:43 PM   #24
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

Follow-up on threshold. There are only three reasons IMHO why someone should play on low threshold:

1) You like larger gaps in speed. It's simply more fun to you, even if it's not as realistic. I don't say this sarcastically--fun is a great reason for doing just about anything in Madden.

2) The game will literally play a bit slower on low threshold. The overall speeds of players will be closer to NFL at lower thresholds in M20, but the *relative* speeds of players will be closer to NFL at higher thresholds. I care about game speed, but I care more about gameplay balance. If you just really want a bit slower gameplay now that game speed settings have been removed, and are willing to sacrifice gameplay balance--then play on a low threshold.

3) Prior to M20, suction tackling was an issue that some people thought was triggered more by high thresholds that kept players a bit closer. This was only partially true (won't get into details about how threshold affects acceleration here), but there was some merit in it. Now that suction tackling is all but removed, this should not be a consideration. Even at 80 you will basically not see a slower player just run down a faster player unless they were already running at full speed vs an accelerating player, or have a superior pursuit angle.

Commissioner
(M20 / XB1)
AWFL Discord Server
AWFL Daddyleagues
YouTube Channel

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »