Home

Question. Do sliders matter when you sim?

This is a discussion on Question. Do sliders matter when you sim? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2020, 12:03 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question. Do sliders matter when you sim?

Hey peeps. I'm not much of a player. I am more into the team building aspect of cfm. I set my focus players for training, do my own scouting, upgrades, handle injuries, signings, depth chart, etc., and then just skip to the next week to sim training and games.

My question is do I need to actually use sliders if I play this way? I've always set the sliders from this forum but I have never really been happy with my results. Am I messing up my sim by adjusting sliders? Should I just set the xp and auto sub sliders and let it go? All the sliders that I see are for either playing or super simming. I dont like super simming because it takes longer and would rather just skip to the next week and let the game sim the whole league. Any slider recommendations for this style of play? Thanks for any info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2020, 01:04 PM   #2
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Question. Do sliders matter when you sim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch66
Hey peeps. I'm not much of a player. I am more into the team building aspect of cfm. I set my focus players for training, do my own scouting, upgrades, handle injuries, signings, depth chart, etc., and then just skip to the next week to sim training and games.

My question is do I need to actually use sliders if I play this way? I've always set the sliders from this forum but I have never really been happy with my results. Am I messing up my sim by adjusting sliders? Should I just set the xp and auto sub sliders and let it go? All the sliders that I see are for either playing or super simming. I dont like super simming because it takes longer and would rather just skip to the next week and let the game sim the whole league. Any slider recommendations for this style of play? Thanks for any info.
Take a look at my sliders and read my OP, it's one option
Old 02-01-2020, 01:58 PM   #3
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:

Though I have given up on 20, I used to play this way a lot. The only sliders that need to be changed are the xp sliders. I usually leave auto sub at default as those are unnecessary to change in my opinion. The normal sliders are gameplay sliders and do not affect simulated games as in advancing to the next week.

I have in each of the last 3 maddens before 20 with different teams, simulated 25 seasons worth of games with sliders I have not changed from default and had positive results.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 02-01-2020, 02:06 PM   #4
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
My question is do I need to actually use sliders if I play this way?
Sliders have no effect on simmed games, this is why I don't sim any games at all. XP sliders have an effect on the player's long term.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:57 AM   #5
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:

The only slider that affects simulation, from what I can tell, is the injury slider.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2020, 08:25 PM   #6
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
The only slider that affects simulation, from what I can tell, is the injury slider.
I agree with this. For whatever that’s worth.

I’ve sim’d games with both default and custom sliders, and the sim’d cpu games all stat out appropriately.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 02-09-2020, 11:40 PM   #7
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
That is correct, only the injury slider is taken into account for simmed games. Which I kinda consider separate from the other gameplay sliders.

I've tested it many years ago, EA has done nothing to the sim engine since 2008. It's the same.

Last edited by cdcool; 02-10-2020 at 10:27 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »