Home

0 threshhold is absolute game changer

This is a discussion on 0 threshhold is absolute game changer within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2019, 02:09 AM   #9
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 0 threshhold is absolute game changer

Never really thought of this...zero threshold..I too played 19 on slow speed....
I deleted 20 and reinstalled without the latest patch because it negated cpu runners any jukes or trucking all of the special moves were gone. Do you guys see runningbacks and ballcarriers in general making cuts and such at Zero threshold...if so I will load up patch and restart franchise...
Would love to know...
Old 08-29-2019, 02:49 AM   #10
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Been using zero since day one with Madden 19
It's the combination of all the sliders in my opinion or if you build around certain settings.
zero is not a magic fix

Last edited by cdcool; 08-29-2019 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-29-2019, 07:09 AM   #11
Banned

But it slows down this hyperfast game and actually plays way better I use matt10 slider but put both qba to 5 and pb to 20 get alot of CPU incompletions to end drives
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2019, 08:39 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Never really thought of this...zero threshold..I too played 19 on slow speed....
I deleted 20 and reinstalled without the latest patch because it negated cpu runners any jukes or trucking all of the special moves were gone. Do you guys see runningbacks and ballcarriers in general making cuts and such at Zero threshold...if so I will load up patch and restart franchise...
Would love to know...
Sadly, I may follow the lead and delete the current profile. The latest patch turned the game to a '18 or '19 roster update.

The jokes and qb scrambling made this game special.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-29-2019, 10:03 AM   #13
Rookie

I'm going to give it a try, but I would also like to know what Setting/Sliders that you are using?
Old 08-29-2019, 02:53 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 7

Wow! Absolute game changer!

It seems that the players play to their actual ratings with player threshold at 0.

I got worried because playing against the Cowboys, Dak threw 2 interceptions the first two drives, but then they settled down and actually ended up coming from behind and almost sent us into OT but I ended up blocking their PAT with 40 seconds left on the clock.

The sliders may need some adjusting, but I'm very impressed with how the game played at 0 threshold. It seems like threshold gives the CPU boosts. The CPU QB is robo QB at 50.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:17 PM   #15
Rookie

0 threshhold is absolute game changer

Zero threshold isn’t anything new. Matt10 and another author made sets around zero threshold last year. I’ve been trying zero threshold out quite a bit this year and from my observation these are the areas that need balancing using zero threshold:

Coverage- with zero threshold generally there is more space between receivers and defenders making it easier for the cpu and user to find open receivers. Spamming deep throws with a team that has a good o-line might be exploitable with zero threshold.

Running- it makes the user and cpu run game much deadlier especially with faster rbs. There needs to be a way to keep running backs from breaking out too frequently for huge runs. I don’t mind the cpu runs being more deadly but there should be something to keep the user from exploiting this.

Pass rush- this is the part that isn’t very balanced between the cpu and user. This is because the user can use a fast de to quickly go around the outside without coming in contact with the offensive line and sack the qb. The cpu doesn’t do that so it’s not very fair, but good de can get through just as fast so maybe ok.

The best thing about zero threshold though is you get a lot of variety from game to game due to different matchups between players and seeing effect of the disparity between their speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Carl23; 08-29-2019 at 03:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2019, 06:19 PM   #16
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

As stated nothing is new here. Lower threshold will slow the game down but make gaps between faster and slower players unrealistically large, so speed will be more important than other ratings. At higher threshold, specifically around 75-80, the gap between players is much more in line with NFL speeds (based on actual testing, btw) but the game itself plays faster.

In previous years the sweet spot would be high threshold on a slightly slower game speed to get the best of both worlds. This year, pick your poison. I prefer higher threshold because it's more balanced vs NFL, tighter coverage, game of inches etc. But no question player speed is faster than NFL.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »