Home

QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

This is a discussion on QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2019, 04:41 PM   #9
Rookie
 
J1992's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2019
Re: QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

So I've been working on sim stats the last 2 weeks and I found something very odd. If you change all scrambling qbs to pocket qbs then it shows their actual stats. So I did so and simmed through a season and Lamar Jackson was 60% . I didnt believe it so I simmed through another season and he was 61%. Went back into manage roster and changed him back to scrambling QB type. Simmed a season and at the end of the season he threw 72%. If you know football , Lamar jackson isnt throwing 72%. So I went and changed all scrambling QBs to pocket and simmed through a season and what do you know. There was 1 player above 70% , it was Drew brees. Which is realistic. The only bad thing to doing this is , you have to choose. Realistic player percentages , pass yards , YPA or how many rushing yards your QB gets at the end of the season. I think I'll choose realistic pass yards and percentages. I'm tired of seeing Newton , Jackson , Trubisky and others having 70% Completion. If you put all QBs at pocket , it gives realistic passer stats BASED on their rating. Since Jacksons accuracy isnt good , he will have a low completion percentage. He still had like 200 rush yards as well. Newton accuracy is decent and he was 65%. Trubisky was 64%. Wilson was 67%. Allen was 62%. These numbers look amazing. If you dont belive me , download the most recent EA roster. Change ALL QBS to pocket instead of balanced or scrambling. Go to online franchise and sim till the playoffs. Go over to stats and look at the beauty. Then go back to online franchise. Use the real life stats and rosters , sim through a season and look at the mess.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
J1992 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 02:37 PM   #10
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Re: QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1992
So I've been working on sim stats the last 2 weeks and I found something very odd. If you change all scrambling qbs to pocket qbs then it shows their actual stats. So I did so and simmed through a season and Lamar Jackson was 60% . I didnt believe it so I simmed through another season and he was 61%. Went back into manage roster and changed him back to scrambling QB type. Simmed a season and at the end of the season he threw 72%. If you know football , Lamar jackson isnt throwing 72%. So I went and changed all scrambling QBs to pocket and simmed through a season and what do you know. There was 1 player above 70% , it was Drew brees. Which is realistic. The only bad thing to doing this is , you have to choose. Realistic player percentages , pass yards , YPA or how many rushing yards your QB gets at the end of the season. I think I'll choose realistic pass yards and percentages. I'm tired of seeing Newton , Jackson , Trubisky and others having 70% Completion. If you put all QBs at pocket , it gives realistic passer stats BASED on their rating. Since Jacksons accuracy isnt good , he will have a low completion percentage. He still had like 200 rush yards as well. Newton accuracy is decent and he was 65%. Trubisky was 64%. Wilson was 67%. Allen was 62%. These numbers look amazing. If you dont belive me , download the most recent EA roster. Change ALL QBS to pocket instead of balanced or scrambling. Go to online franchise and sim till the playoffs. Go over to stats and look at the beauty. Then go back to online franchise. Use the real life stats and rosters , sim through a season and look at the mess.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
That just sucks. All qb's are tom brady or your stuck with teams rating qb's high because of their running ability that are then not going to use that running ability making those teams suck.
timhere1970 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:47 PM   #11
Madden 19 and 20 PC
 
cdcool's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago/New York City
Posts: 2,131
Re: QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

I learned many years ago that sliders do not affect simmed games.
__________________
Currently Playing Madden PC 20 (CPU vs CPU), Draft Day Sports-Pro Football 2020 (CPU vs CPU),
Pro Strategy Football 2020 (CPU vs CPU), Front Office Football 8 (CPU vs CPU),
Football Manager 19 PC (CPU vs CPU) and several Military PC simulations.
cdcool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2019, 03:53 PM   #12
Rookie
 
J1992's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2019
Re: QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
That just sucks. All qb's are tom brady or your stuck with teams rating qb's high because of their running ability that are then not going to use that running ability making those teams suck.
Yes exactly. You have to decide. Do you want Lamar Jackson throwing 70% but he has 600 rush yards. Or do you want Lamar Jackson throwing realistically around 60% but he has only 200 rush yards. I'm trying to find a way around it but not having the best of luck. For some reason the sim in madden 20 is powered for all QBs , no matter their overall to succeed. I went back to madden 19 and simmed a couple seasons and the stats looked very good. Hoping within the next couple weeks they can fix this issue. We will see tho.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
J1992 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 03:58 PM   #13
Rookie
 
J1992's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2019
Re: QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
I learned many years ago that sliders do not affect simmed games.
They never have. But changing the players actually ratings or tendencies can push the stats to where you want them. The traits and attributes affect the player more than the actually ratings. Part of me believes the players overall has a VERY small matter in how well they play in the sim. Brissett is an 71 Ovr and at the end of every season he leads the league in yards and TDs. If you change his trait to pocket passer and trigger happy. Which most QBs 75 ovr or below are trigger happy. He actually plays like a 71 overall. He will be 60-65%. I highley suggest doing the trait edits that I mentioned before. It doesnt 100% take the running game out but it cuts it down for sure. Watson was 64% with 278 rush yards. Newton was 63% with 300 rush yards. Only 100-200 rush yards off from their real life rush yards. If you do the math that's only taking 12 rush yards per game out. So not a huge difference. You also get realistic percentages. If you play or watch all madden most QBs will start the game 6-6 or 10-12.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
J1992 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #14
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Re: QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
I learned many years ago that sliders do not affect simmed games.
Except injury slider definitely does. Since threshhold and stamina are grouped with it i wonder if they do as well.

Last edited by timhere1970; 09-06-2019 at 08:42 AM.
timhere1970 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:18 AM   #15
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2019
Re: QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
This is why I don't sim anything, I watch every game CPU vs CPU.
Watch every game huh pal you must not have a family
Daddytaylor is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2019, 03:21 AM   #16
Madden 19 and 20 PC
 
cdcool's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chicago/New York City
Posts: 2,131
Re: QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddytaylor
Watch every game huh pal you must not have a family
I have three computers and you don't have to sit there and watch every game Pal, you can play with the dog and kids while the game is playing unlike using a Joystick.
__________________
Currently Playing Madden PC 20 (CPU vs CPU), Draft Day Sports-Pro Football 2020 (CPU vs CPU),
Pro Strategy Football 2020 (CPU vs CPU), Front Office Football 8 (CPU vs CPU),
Football Manager 19 PC (CPU vs CPU) and several Military PC simulations.
cdcool is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 PM.

Top -