Home

QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

This is a discussion on QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2019, 02:23 AM   #17
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: QB Archetypes' Impact on AI Behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
Except injury slider definitely does. Since threshhold and stamina are grouped with it i wonder if they do as well.
You see more injuries with simmed games when increasing the injury slider?
Old 09-09-2019, 02:27 AM   #18
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1992
They never have. But changing the players actually ratings or tendencies can push the stats to where you want them. The traits and attributes affect the player more than the actually ratings. Part of me believes the players overall has a VERY small matter in how well they play in the sim. Brissett is an 71 Ovr and at the end of every season he leads the league in yards and TDs. If you change his trait to pocket passer and trigger happy. Which most QBs 75 ovr or below are trigger happy. He actually plays like a 71 overall. He will be 60-65%. I highley suggest doing the trait edits that I mentioned before. It doesnt 100% take the running game out but it cuts it down for sure. Watson was 64% with 278 rush yards. Newton was 63% with 300 rush yards. Only 100-200 rush yards off from their real life rush yards. If you do the math that's only taking 12 rush yards per game out. So not a huge difference. You also get realistic percentages. If you play or watch all madden most QBs will start the game 6-6 or 10-12.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
I watch every game, I'm not seeing 6-6 or 10-12
The game is doing pretty well without doing any of that stuff CPU vs CPU.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #19
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Feel like the thread got hijacked?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 09-11-2019, 01:19 PM   #20
Rookie

OSfan093's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Feel like the thread got hijacked?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
That's okay doesn't bother me honestly. But I will say I've been testing some more. My goal is to try & figure out how to get the CPU QB to avoid taking sacks they shouldn't take by rolling out or scrambling. I've tested all the traits as well now, sense pressure trait, Throw ball away, and force passes. None of these seem to affect the QBs play style as it relates to movement at all, just how quickly they "feel" the pressure or if they want to hold onto the ball more/less. But they still do the same things. Improvisors will roll to the right 2 steps, freak out roll back left, run into a lineman then get sacked. I see them take off past the LOS very occasionally. I said in the OP that they never do. They actually do it's just rare. They're way more likely to "extend" the play horribly & get sacked. They don't "extend" the play outside of the pocket though just sort of run back & forth inside the pocket until a guy gets open or they get sacked but it's horribly ineffective b/c of course it is.

Still only seeing QBs actually truly go outside the pocket if they are SCRAMBLER Archetype but again the issue with that is they don't try to truly extend the play like the improvisors they just try to run. The QB AI on this game as it relates to QB movement is absolutely dreadful.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by OSfan093; 09-11-2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:33 PM   #21
Rookie

BleachYourWork's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1992
So I've been working on sim stats the last 2 weeks and I found something very odd. If you change all scrambling qbs to pocket qbs then it shows their actual stats. So I did so and simmed through a season and Lamar Jackson was 60% . I didnt believe it so I simmed through another season and he was 61%. Went back into manage roster and changed him back to scrambling QB type. Simmed a season and at the end of the season he threw 72%. If you know football , Lamar jackson isnt throwing 72%. So I went and changed all scrambling QBs to pocket and simmed through a season and what do you know. There was 1 player above 70% , it was Drew brees. Which is realistic. The only bad thing to doing this is , you have to choose. Realistic player percentages , pass yards , YPA or how many rushing yards your QB gets at the end of the season. I think I'll choose realistic pass yards and percentages. I'm tired of seeing Newton , Jackson , Trubisky and others having 70% Completion. If you put all QBs at pocket , it gives realistic passer stats BASED on their rating. Since Jacksons accuracy isnt good , he will have a low completion percentage. He still had like 200 rush yards as well. Newton accuracy is decent and he was 65%. Trubisky was 64%. Wilson was 67%. Allen was 62%. These numbers look amazing. If you dont belive me , download the most recent EA roster. Change ALL QBS to pocket instead of balanced or scrambling. Go to online franchise and sim till the playoffs. Go over to stats and look at the beauty. Then go back to online franchise. Use the real life stats and rosters , sim through a season and look at the mess.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Interesting.

Sent from my SM-J337A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

What about changing scrambling QBs like Wilson to balanced

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »