Home

CPU Rushing Attempts

This is a discussion on CPU Rushing Attempts within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2019, 07:43 PM   #1
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
CPU Rushing Attempts

Why will the CPU not run the ball? I'm not talking about effectively running the ball, I'm just talking about attempting to run it at all.

I've played many games with the CPU having 8 attempts in the first half, even less than 20 attempts all game no matter winning or losing or close game or blowout. Even when its effective it just seems that almost every game the CPU has no interest in even trying to run.

I just don't understand why they won't try or how to make them try. I've tried many things and they still dont want to run whether its effective or not.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2019, 09:16 PM   #2
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: CPU Rushing Attempts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Why will the CPU not run the ball? I'm not talking about effectively running the ball, I'm just talking about attempting to run it at all.

I've played many games with the CPU having 8 attempts in the first half, even less than 20 attempts all game no matter winning or losing or close game or blowout. Even when its effective it just seems that almost every game the CPU has no interest in even trying to run.

I just don't understand why they won't try or how to make them try. I've tried many things and they still dont want to run whether its effective or not.
The last patch killed the running game, Sliders my friend sliders
Old 10-01-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
The last patch killed the running game, Sliders my friend sliders
I've done the sliders my friend I promise. I can get the CPU to have an effective run game. That's not my problem. My problem is that they just don't call the run hardly at all all game long. I've gotten the sliders to where I can get a team with a good rushing attack to avg. 4-5ypc. But they only carry it 10-15 times a game as a team. It's just a ridiculously low amount of rushing ATTEMPTS per game, not rushing success.

Edit: This has been a problem since launch, not after a patch.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Old 10-01-2019, 09:52 PM   #4
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
I've done the sliders my friend I promise. I can get the CPU to have an effective run game. That's not my problem. My problem is that they just don't call the run hardly at all all game long. I've gotten the sliders to where I can get a team with a good rushing attack to avg. 4-5ypc. But they only carry it 10-15 times a game as a team. It's just a ridiculously low amount of rushing ATTEMPTS per game, not rushing success.

Edit: This has been a problem since launch, not after a patch.
OKAY, I'll be quiet. CPU vs CPU, I just had a game with 33 rushing ATT's, and if you say so.

Last edited by cdcool; 10-01-2019 at 10:03 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 10:40 PM   #5
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
The gameplans in the Team Default books are underbaked and pass heavy as a result.

Assigning a custom playbook to the CPU opponent isn't ideal, but it does work:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...all-guide.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 08:14 AM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Just a question, are you playing with the superstar abilities on or off?
Old 10-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #7
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

I have done both, but currently they are on

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Old 10-02-2019, 12:52 PM   #8
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

I think it has a lot to do with how the game goes. If you stuff the run early its like the cpu completely abandons it, even while winning.

But if they pull off some runs you will see the cpu run a lot. Has to do with something how they are programmed to respond to game situations.

I was also told this years version is tuned more to the pass to be in line with the nfl. So theres that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »