Home

Question for the pros

This is a discussion on Question for the pros within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2019, 03:24 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question for the pros

Thanks for all the work you guys do with these sliders!!!

Can I have some feed back on how turning off Illegal man down field effects game play?
Thanks in advance
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2019, 08:49 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Question for the pros

I don't think it actually does anything meaningful (now) but it was very necessary initially. I'm 98% sure that EA added that penalty slider in patch 1.05 (which was during EA Access). The thing is, we didn't get any gameplay tuning patches until 1.08 or so.

So, for several versions of the game, we had a game that was tuned without that penalty setting now suddenly have it added to the game and turned "on". It caused some really wonky behavior (particularly in coverage) and I found that turning it off helped quell some of that wonky behavior. Once EA issued a gameplay tuning patch (which had the gameplay balanced with this penalty enabled) there was no longer a need to turn it off.

Frankly, it's still a very wonky and weird setting (even now as it isn't present in CFM sliders, but is in-game and in the MM). I'd recommend leaving it alone at this juncture.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »