Home

Redskins041 Cpu vs Cpu Default All Pro Sliders

This is a discussion on Redskins041 Cpu vs Cpu Default All Pro Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-23-2019, 05:13 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Redskins041 Cpu vs Cpu Default All Pro Sliders

Yu doin play by play the second box in super sim? For your cpu vs cpu franchise?
Old 10-24-2019, 02:31 AM   #10
Pro

Redskins041's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
Im doing this with the redskins as well. Based off what hurricane is doing. That series is great.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Ya I love it! I alway try to make my franchises like mrhurriicane. Most fun I've had in franchise since madden 15 doing it this way. I love the unpredictability of it and just how satisfying it is to win doing this format since there is no user input and is completely fair and balanced. Feel just like a GM. Very exciting! Also love how it plays so well on default that you don't have to worry about adjusting for patches. You can just update the game and keep playing!
Old 10-24-2019, 02:45 AM   #11
Pro

Redskins041's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdatt39
Yu doin play by play the second box in super sim? For your cpu vs cpu franchise?
So basically I do slow sim change of possession but doesn't really matter how you do it. You can do it play by play, possession or end of game I go back and forth between them depending on certain things. The only thing that really matters is that you sim special teams so on every 3rd down I hit B to exit as I am on xbox one so I don't forget once the play is over and if we convert I jump right back in and if we don't then I normal sim the next play which would be a punt or a field goal if you are in kicking range unless its in the redzone then I'll just watch because you don't have to worry about a punt or a field goal being kicked short. But starting the second half after normal simming the kickoff I have started to do the first play of the second half on slow sim jump to next play as sometimes I've had it sim through half the quarter immediately without me getting to watch for some reason weird glitch so I recommend doing that but once the first play is over with you can go back to doing it however u want. I have also heard that when u exit to jump into the game whether its to look at injury report or a replay to set it to normal not slow when you exit the sim menu so it doesn't lock you in for the rest of the game. But to answer your question I do possession or end of game for my slow simming and just exit right before field goals and punts and all special teams then by play just for the first play of the second half to avoid that glitch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2019, 02:08 PM   #12
Rookie

Do u see tight end catching more than receivers
Old 10-24-2019, 07:01 PM   #13
Pro

Redskins041's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunhill256
Do u see tight end catching more than receivers
It happens sometimes but most of the time no. It just really depends on the playbook and how the game is going and who the TE is. I had a game against the niners Kittle had a ton of catches then have had games against Ertz where he had a ton and one where he only had like 2. Then I'll have games where my TEs and RBs get a lot of catches and some games not many but I use a west coast zone run redskins playbook so its a lot of short passes involving TEs and RBs. Just some games Haskins plays really conservative and checks it down a lot and then If someone has a lead the cpu usually gets more aggressive and throws downfield more to the receivers. So Id say the amount of targets to TEs is fine. You can also just skip to the last minute of each video I posted where I show the stats and you can see all the receiving numbers.

Last edited by Redskins041; 10-24-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 10-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #14
Rookie

Hey!

I love doing franchises in Madden and NFL Head Coach 09 was my jam. I just wished it had relocation options and better graphics like Madden does now. To me that would be the dream football game.

So I like to do franchises where my input on the controller (which is at best limited) doesn't affect my team stats. I've run with Sabo Mods and for CPU vs CPU games they might not be the best thing. The results are mixed, but the end result wasn't really satisfying to me. I restarted using default sliders and all pro. There is a huge different in game play, probably even a bit more realistic?

One thing I am wondering though; do you happen to see the insta turbo sack on deep play action/bootleg passes that I do? Do you also happen to see the insane play calling logic (calling for two or even three of these long, insta sack play action passes in a row)? Do you see them calling for a lot of RPO's where they instantly throw it to the short WR all the time and have him either get immediately tackled for a loss of 3 yards or if he's open he will catch it, run backwards a yard or two, then spin around and then get tackled for a loss of 4-5 yards?

I was seeing the RPO issue a lot with the Sabo mod, but without it I see that play once in awhile working with a WR actually blocking down field. The Playaction Pass (sack as I call it) still happens. So much so that I had to remove those plays from the playbook.

I really like Washington's playbook. Dwayne Haskins runs it like a pro and the ground game seems to work well with it too.
Old 10-25-2019, 03:37 PM   #15
Pro

Redskins041's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardo_Pena
Hey!

I love doing franchises in Madden and NFL Head Coach 09 was my jam. I just wished it had relocation options and better graphics like Madden does now. To me that would be the dream football game.

So I like to do franchises where my input on the controller (which is at best limited) doesn't affect my team stats. I've run with Sabo Mods and for CPU vs CPU games they might not be the best thing. The results are mixed, but the end result wasn't really satisfying to me. I restarted using default sliders and all pro. There is a huge different in game play, probably even a bit more realistic?

One thing I am wondering though; do you happen to see the insta turbo sack on deep play action/bootleg passes that I do? Do you also happen to see the insane play calling logic (calling for two or even three of these long, insta sack play action passes in a row)? Do you see them calling for a lot of RPO's where they instantly throw it to the short WR all the time and have him either get immediately tackled for a loss of 3 yards or if he's open he will catch it, run backwards a yard or two, then spin around and then get tackled for a loss of 4-5 yards?

I was seeing the RPO issue a lot with the Sabo mod, but without it I see that play once in awhile working with a WR actually blocking down field. The Playaction Pass (sack as I call it) still happens. So much so that I had to remove those plays from the playbook.

I really like Washington's playbook. Dwayne Haskins runs it like a pro and the ground game seems to work well with it too.
Surprisingly I don't see the play action sack that much but it does happen sometimes believe I got sacked for a safety because of it. I also do see a lot of rpos and ya they dont usually work. I dont use any mods and playcalling can be questionable only real issue nothing we can do about it besides edit playbook but I just leave it alone to be fair with cpu I can deal with it its playing really well besides that so I cant complain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2019, 01:23 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins041
Surprisingly I don't see the play action sack that much but it does happen sometimes believe I got sacked for a safety because of it. I also do see a lot of rpos and ya they dont usually work. I dont use any mods and playcalling can be questionable only real issue nothing we can do about it besides edit playbook but I just leave it alone to be fair with cpu I can deal with it its playing really well besides that so I cant complain.

I don't mind failing plays like that once in awhile. That's how football is. Nothing works all the time. Conversely, nothing should fail all the time. HB Slip screens seem impossible to actually pull off, usually resulting in a QB sack a majority of the time. The playaction sack happens every single time that play is called. Every time. Even on back to back, or back to back to back plays...which is just insane CPU play calling. I think I have seen one RPO to the WR work for my team out of the 100's of times it has been called and run in my simulated games. Because just like the play action sack, the CPU will call it once, fail, and then call it again and fail once more, multiple times a game.

I am all for a fair game, but the CPU opponent teams don't seem to do this. That's why if I am luck my team will get 3 sacks in a game and the opponent will get 7-10 on me because of the play action pass. The only cure I have found for this is to simply remove that play from the playbook because the CPU is just too stupid with it. I've seen this happen with Sabo's mods and for non-mod games the same way.

When the game isn't doing that I agree with you, it actually plays very well with good action and good stats across the board.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »