Home

Raider Renís Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs. CPU

This is a discussion on Raider Renís Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs. CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 02-06-2020, 02:44 PM   #33
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0
Raider Renís Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs. CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
Hey... yeah, you really can't judge something like interceptions off of one game. There are so many factors into that equation.

One thing, make sure ballhawk is off. It could be placebo in my eyes, but I see this assist as the pick-magnet assist. In its definition, it does say that it results in user-controlled players auto-moving into position to play the ball... so, take that for what it's worth.

Also, I recommend either a no-switch or limited-switch approach to user-defense. On the pro-level, there is definitely a bump to user control players (in certain areas).

You mentioned that Brady was under pressure - on his 3 picks, do you recall if you called any blitzes? There is a direct correlation both IRL and in Madden to blitzing and interceptions. Of course, IRL, the penalty for blitzing often outweighs the gain, which is why you only see blitzes called 30-40% of the time, and that's on the high end. In Madden, there isn't quite as much of a deterrent with blitz calls. I would advise limiting how much you blitz. You don't need to have a house rule, per se, rather try to be somewhat realistic with your defensive calls.

If all of the above checks out for you, then we can look into messing with the sliders a bit. Pro is very tunable.

Ren finally got around to trying these..as u know, from DM, Iím coach mode player..these work really nice..but experiencing..issue that Iím trying to work on..I was noticing Hum coverage on zone is fine, however, man coverage/specifically man press coverage is overpowered..my corners and safeties are like glue..I have turned down both coverage sliders to 25 so far..and not seeing a change..I even put very low rated man coverage players..still glue..thinking next step is lower it to say 5 and also lower DPI, or maybe raise CPU WR catching? everything else is spot on..

Edit: just for information; using Browns with Ward and Greedy..however, lower both their ratings, Ward is 75 man, and Greedy 70 man coverage..to see if that help..not some much..

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621

Last edited by StefJoeHalt; 02-06-2020 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 03:13 PM   #34
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Re: Raider Renís Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv25man
Another thing I suggest is find your defensive identity and play to it.

I'm a Tampa 2 guy, since most teams have three receivers on the field, I am in Nickel probably 70% of my defensive snaps, Nickel Tampa 2 probably 50% of my snaps. At times I'll switch to Cover 3 or 4, but I mostly stay in my base. That doesn't mean I won't make a small individual change in it, like putting a spy, locking my corner man to man on a lone receiver, or sending a linebacker from the weak side, but mainly I stay in that concept.

Cover 2 has really fell out of favour recently, and Cover 3 and 4 have become much more popular. Cover 4 is interesting based on your personnel, due to the way it starts as man coverage and morphs to a zone. If you've got really good man to man DB's, it could be a good base.

Why's finding a base important?

1) It helps you get the best out of your personnel as your base should put them in the best possible place to succeed (no cheesing).

2) It is a realistic way for the other team to "have film on you". Once you've played Cover 2 for a majority of your snaps, the offense will adjust, and maybe make you force an adjustment in coverage. Coming out during the game in 9 different defenses and sending 17 exotic blitzes is frankly unrealistic and abnormal, with only a few small exceptions. Not everyone is the first-half-of-2019 Patriots, but people looooove to play Madden that way.

Finding a base defense and forcing yourself to stick with it, and then building your scheme around it is 1) realistic football wise 2) creates a more realistic back and forth between player and CPU 3) Cuts down on AI manipulation and straight up Madden cheese.
This is an excellent breakdown. It's all in the approach.

Thanks for posting this.

MLB The Show 20
2020 Los Angeles Dodgers YR1

Madden 21
2020 Las Vegas Raiders YR2: 5-3

COD: Warzone
Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/TheRealRaiderRen
Old 02-06-2020, 03:29 PM   #35
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Re: Raider Renís Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
Ren finally got around to trying these..as u know, from DM, Iím coach mode player..these work really nice..but experiencing..issue that Iím trying to work on..I was noticing Hum coverage on zone is fine, however, man coverage/specifically man press coverage is overpowered..my corners and safeties are like glue..I have turned down both coverage sliders to 25 so far..and not seeing a change..I even put very low rated man coverage players..still glue..thinking next step is lower it to say 5 and also lower DPI, or maybe raise CPU WR catching? everything else is spot on..

Edit: just for information; using Browns with Ward and Greedy..however, lower both their ratings, Ward is 75 man, and Greedy 70 man coverage..to see if that help..not some much..

Hey SJH! We can do a few things here... we can drop Hum INT by 5-10 clicks. That for sure will loosen up coverage. Lowering DPI will mitigate some of that stickiness as well, though that will also have an impact on the CPU when in man / press.

I like your idea of raising CPU WRC. That will increase the CPU catch radius, which can help negate the effects of the extra tight coverage.

Couple of crazy ideas... increasing CPU PBK can widen passing lanes for the CPU QBs a bit. Bumping that up a bit might be something to look at if the above options aren't doing the trick. And as a last resort, a one-click bump on CPU QBA could be a solution. That will literally give a jolt to the entire CPU offense. Not sure either of these are necessary at this point, but they are something to leave in your back pocket.

I would say any combination of a reduction to Hum INT / DPI / a bump to CPU WRC will get you to a more desirable area. Before doing this, you may actually want to bring coverage back up to 50.

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2020, 04:19 PM   #36
Pro

StefJoeHalt's Arena

Quote:
Hey SJH! We can do a few things here... we can drop Hum INT by 5-10 clicks. That for sure will loosen up coverage. Lowering DPI will mitigate some of that stickiness as well, though that will also have an impact on the CPU when in man / press.

I like your idea of raising CPU WRC. That will increase the CPU catch radius, which can help negate the effects of the extra tight coverage.

Couple of crazy ideas... increasing CPU PBK can widen passing lanes for the CPU QBs a bit. Bumping that up a bit might be something to look at if the above options aren't doing the trick. And as a last resort, a one-click bump on CPU QBA could be a solution. That will literally give a jolt to the entire CPU offense. Not sure either of these are necessary at this point, but they are something to leave in your back pocket.

I would say any combination of a reduction to Hum INT / DPI / a bump to CPU WRC will get you to a more desirable area. Before doing this, you may actually want to bring coverage back up to 50.

Wasnít even thinking of INT..and just to make clear, zone coverage is fine..just FYI out of box, is also awesome with this set.
I will adjust coverage back and move INT down

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 02-12-2020, 04:14 PM   #37
Rookie

My buddy and I are playing a modified AM league, but it just stopped being fun... it was impossible for me to have more than 50% passes complete and not get sacked 6 times again. I am going to try these sliders. Can't believe pro actually seems to be better than all pro??
Old 02-12-2020, 05:43 PM   #38
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by discalcedjohn
My buddy and I are playing a modified AM league, but it just stopped being fun... it was impossible for me to have more than 50% passes complete and not get sacked 6 times again. I am going to try these sliders. Can't believe pro actually seems to be better than all pro??
Hey!

'Better' is in the eye of the beholder of course...

But, yes, I am absolutely loving Pro. The animations are outstanding, the movements are buttery smooth, the gameplay feels heavier - it was like discovering a new game altogether.

I doubt I'll ever touch AM ever again.

If you do give this set a try, I suggest running the OP to a T. Good luck - I hope you enjoy!

MLB The Show 20

Madden 21

Rogue Company
Super Mario 3D World
Mario KART 8

Old 02-13-2020, 04:47 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 6

Glad you’re getting people on the pro skill level train. I tried a few years ago and was treated like a German nazi spy.

Quote:
Hey!

'Better' is in the eye of the beholder of course...

But, yes, I am absolutely loving Pro. The animations are outstanding, the movements are buttery smooth, the gameplay feels heavier - it was like discovering a new game altogether.

I doubt I'll ever touch AM ever again.

If you do give this set a try, I suggest running the OP to a T. Good luck - I hope you enjoy!

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 02-13-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:29 PM   #40
Just started!

mrmongo83's Arena

I normally don't post just like to find the right sliders and adjust to my liking. I have always loved the way pro plays. Always have great games and great stats. I hope more and more people realize that pro is the best way to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »