Home

Raider Ren’s Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs. CPU

This is a discussion on Raider Ren’s Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs. CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2020, 10:55 AM   #49
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Raider Ren’s Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Vee35
New to trying a pro slider set. Coming from using Matt 10s AP set. I have a few questions after the first game.
Why is fatigue set so high? Also I just had 6 sacks in the game with the Raiders vs the Jets. Lastly how are penalties for you guys?
Fatigue is working well @ 65. It provides progressive fatigue over the course of the game, and you'll get organic rotations / subs.

Not sure if the 6 sacks was supposed to be a question... but yes, they will happen. Are the sacks coming on coverage or with blitzes. This is Pro, so you have to play realistic. Don't spam blitzes - blitz when it is appropriate. If you play realistic (sim), you'll get games with 1-2 sacks, and others with 4-6+. Real-life NFL teams blitz 30-40% of the time at max, and that's on the higher end. Lower end teams blitz around 20-25% of the time.

Madden penalties are Madden penalties... At default, or even with the values tied to this set, they are minimalistic in game. If you want more penalties, you can absolutely achieve that; I used to run quite a few of them @ 75 over on the All-Madden set. But, they absolutely affect game play. As of right now, the set on the OP (along with the other AM set) are calibrated with the penalty values listed as is. To be complete honest, I'm not one that craves penalties in my gameplay. I don't think it adds all that much. But, that's an eye of the beholder thing.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror
Old 02-17-2020, 11:04 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Raider Ren’s Madden NFL 20 Set / Pro Difficultly / Offline Franchise / Human vs.

Simply having facemask at 51 really pushes other penalties, like holding and block in the back and pass interference to be called. You’ll also see an occasional late hit out of bounds happen. Always cool to see that. But for whatever reason just having face mask at 51 seems to get penalties with more realistic frequency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren
Fatigue is working well @ 65. It provides progressive fatigue over the course of the game, and you'll get organic rotations / subs.

Not sure if the 6 sacks was supposed to be a question... but yes, they will happen. Are the sacks coming on coverage or with blitzes. This is Pro, so you have to play realistic. Don't spam blitzes - blitz when it is appropriate. If you play realistic (sim), you'll get games with 1-2 sacks, and others with 4-6+. Real-life NFL teams blitz 30-40% of the time at max, and that's on the higher end. Lower end teams blitz around 20-25% of the time.

Madden penalties are Madden penalties... At default, or even with the values tied to this set, they are minimalistic in game. If you want more penalties, you can absolutely achieve that; I used to run quite a few of them @ 75 over on the All-Madden set. But, they absolutely affect game play. As of right now, the set on the OP (along with the other AM set) are calibrated with the penalty values listed as is. To be complete honest, I'm not one that craves penalties in my gameplay. I don't think it adds all that much. But, that's an eye of the beholder thing.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 02-17-2020, 11:07 AM   #51
Rookie

Yeah the 6 sacks was supposed to be a question but yeah obviously teams have good games randomly. I’m new to trying sliders on Pro so I’m trying yours and the Playmaker set to see the similarities and differences. Hoping it makes gameplay more realistic
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2020, 12:02 PM   #52
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Simply having facemask at 51 really pushes other penalties, like holding and block in the back and pass interference to be called. You’ll also see an occasional late hit out of bounds happen. Always cool to see that. But for whatever reason just having face mask at 51 seems to get penalties with more realistic frequency.
That's interesting, and yet totally believable. There is a lot baked into the face mask slider. You can completely alter pursuit and aggression with that one slider.

Question - If you run 51 mask, can you leave the other penalty sliders at 50? In my AM set, I am running default penalties, but here, I have most of them set to 56 in CFM, with the exception of mask (53). My line of thinking is to leave what I have here, but reduce mask to 51 from 53.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Old 02-17-2020, 03:14 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
That's interesting, and yet totally believable. There is a lot baked into the face mask slider. You can completely alter pursuit and aggression with that one slider.

Question - If you run 51 mask, can you leave the other penalty sliders at 50? In my AM set, I am running default penalties, but here, I have most of them set to 56 in CFM, with the exception of mask (53). My line of thinking is to leave what I have here, but reduce mask to 51 from 53.
53 is cool. 55 you see too many which is a problem with my 95 roster set. See with that i can only do play now games, and you can only go by five in play now with the penalty sliders.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 02-17-2020, 11:32 PM   #54
Rookie

2 quick questions.
Does changing the sliders in the main menu then importing them make a difference?
Also have you messed with the speed disparity much?
Old 02-18-2020, 10:29 AM   #55
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool_Vee35
2 quick questions.
Does changing the sliders in the main menu then importing them make a difference?
Also have you messed with the speed disparity much?
You can set the sliders in the MM, and then import them, or you can manually update them in CFM. I haven't seen any issues with the specific gameplay sliders being the same or different / imported or not in the MM and in CFM. I opt to import them once at the onset of CFM, for sake of ease. If I make any changes, I simply adjust them within CFM; I don't update the MM and import them back into CFM once I have a CFM in progress. I will later update the MM, separately.

The three global gameplay sliders (INJ / FAT / Threshold) do make a difference in the MM and CFM - particularly the INJ slider. That value in the MM, does have an effect within CFM, believe it or not. With this set, we're running 40 MM / 40 CFM, so you're good there. But there have been instances in past sets where I have run a different MM INJ value than what I have in CFM, and that is done for a reason. The MM INJ slider has a profound impact on aggression, even when you're playing in CFM.

As for threshold (aka speed parity), no I haven't messed with that this year. I prefer to leave that at 50 and call it a day.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2020, 01:17 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
You can set the sliders in the MM, and then import them, or you can manually update them in CFM. I haven't seen any issues with the specific gameplay sliders being the same or different / imported or not in the MM and in CFM. I opt to import them once at the onset of CFM, for sake of ease. If I make any changes, I simply adjust them within CFM; I don't update the MM and import them back into CFM once I have a CFM in progress. I will later update the MM, separately.

The three global gameplay sliders (INJ / FAT / Threshold) do make a difference in the MM and CFM - particularly the INJ slider. That value in the MM, does have an effect within CFM, believe it or not. With this set, we're running 40 MM / 40 CFM, so you're good there. But there have been instances in past sets where I have run a different MM INJ value than what I have in CFM, and that is done for a reason. The MM INJ slider has a profound impact on aggression, even when you're playing in CFM.

As for threshold (aka speed parity), no I haven't messed with that this year. I prefer to leave that at 50 and call it a day.
I have the same experience with import method you mentioned. Also have noticed the inj/fatigue/threw affecting cfm. Other ones don’t. Good stuff as usual. Nice to see you posting more.

Teams finished:

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »