Home

Jarodd21s Madden 20 All-Madden Simulationn Sliders

This is a discussion on Jarodd21s Madden 20 All-Madden Simulationn Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2020, 11:51 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 20 All-Madden Simulationn Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Weird. Haven't seen anything extreme like that. Restart the game. Sometimes the sliders take a couple of games to settle in after tweaking them. You can get weird gameplay like that.

I might bring qb ACC and catch for me up 5 and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2020, 12:11 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 9

Edit: These games were played with run block at 50 and tackling at 55. While I was playing it looks like there were some slider updates.

Game 1 with the updated Green set. At one point I led 16-0, then the CPU got 3 field goals, and a scoop and score off of a WR slant who was nailed by an enforcer. After a 3 and out, they went on a drive and went up 23-16. Next play, I hit a 67 yard TD pass, then recovered a fumble deep in ATL territory. The ensuing drive took us to the 2 min warning in the 4th and we ran it in for the 30-23 lead. The highlight of the CPU final drive was a pass interference on 4th and 27 that would have led to Kenny Moore being cut if we'd ended up losing. In total, there were 3 fumbles lost between the two teams; something I'll be keeping an eye on.

Indianapolis Colts at Atlanta Falcons
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Indianapolis Colts (2-3)13301430
Atlanta Falcons (1-4)0313723
Team Stats Comparison
INDATL
Total Offense454356
Rushing Yards19492
Passing Yards260264
First Downs2016
Punt Return Yards1413
Kick Return Yards8625
Total Yards554394
Turnovers23
3rd Down Conversion4-94-12
4th Down Conversion0-10-1
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/11/0
Penalties3-552-19
Posession Time27:5524:05
Indianapolis Colts
Atlanta Falcons

Second game was a gut punch. Had a terrible 4th quarter, throwing a pick-6 to give up the lead. Houston always kills me with their vertical passing game. I couldn't run any press coverage. My running stats are a little inflated by an 84 yard TD run. Passing stats are inflated by a couple of late drives; I was terrible throwing the ball in this game. 46% completion and 2 INTs. After changing to the custom playbook, so far the passing game hasn't felt like it's clicking. Was probably really used to the small number of plays in the default books.

Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Indianapolis Colts (3-3)1069631
Houston Texans ()14601838
Team Stats Comparison
INDHOU
Total Offense421428
Rushing Yards17686
Passing Yards245342
First Downs1619
Punt Return Yards123
Kick Return Yards2666
Total Yards448517
Turnovers23
3rd Down Conversion5-155-12
4th Down Conversion0-10-0
2-Point Conversion0-11-1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/23/1
Penalties7-554-40
Posession Time25:3426:26
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans

Anyway, 1-1 on the night and there's some of the stats.

Last edited by doctorhay53; 03-04-2020 at 12:31 AM.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:11 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PghJLU813
I might bring qb ACC and catch for me up 5 and see what happens

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You should give it a 3-4 game sample size before making any changes just to see how it plays out. Like I told you earlier the sliders sometimes feel like it needs at least 2-3 games to settle in after making tweaks. One game just isn't a big enough sample size.
Old 03-04-2020, 01:12 AM   #84
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Edit: These games were played with run block at 50 and tackling at 55. While I was playing it looks like there were some slider updates.

Game 1 with the updated Green set. At one point I led 16-0, then the CPU got 3 field goals, and a scoop and score off of a WR slant who was nailed by an enforcer. After a 3 and out, they went on a drive and went up 23-16. Next play, I hit a 67 yard TD pass, then recovered a fumble deep in ATL territory. The ensuing drive took us to the 2 min warning in the 4th and we ran it in for the 30-23 lead. The highlight of the CPU final drive was a pass interference on 4th and 27 that would have led to Kenny Moore being cut if we'd ended up losing. In total, there were 3 fumbles lost between the two teams; something I'll be keeping an eye on.

Indianapolis Colts at Atlanta Falcons
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Indianapolis Colts (2-3)13301430
Atlanta Falcons (1-4)0313723
Team Stats Comparison
INDATL
Total Offense454356
Rushing Yards19492
Passing Yards260264
First Downs2016
Punt Return Yards1413
Kick Return Yards8625
Total Yards554394
Turnovers23
3rd Down Conversion4-94-12
4th Down Conversion0-10-1
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals2/11/0
Penalties3-552-19
Posession Time27:5524:05
Indianapolis Colts
Atlanta Falcons

Second game was a gut punch. Had a terrible 4th quarter, throwing a pick-6 to give up the lead. Houston always kills me with their vertical passing game. I couldn't run any press coverage. My running stats are a little inflated by an 84 yard TD run. Passing stats are inflated by a couple of late drives; I was terrible throwing the ball in this game. 46% completion and 2 INTs. After changing to the custom playbook, so far the passing game hasn't felt like it's clicking. Was probably really used to the small number of plays in the default books.

Indianapolis Colts at Houston Texans
Jan 1, 1ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Indianapolis Colts (3-3)1069631
Houston Texans ()14601838
Team Stats Comparison
INDHOU
Total Offense421428
Rushing Yards17686
Passing Yards245342
First Downs1619
Punt Return Yards123
Kick Return Yards2666
Total Yards448517
Turnovers23
3rd Down Conversion5-155-12
4th Down Conversion0-10-0
2-Point Conversion0-11-1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/23/1
Penalties7-554-40
Posession Time25:3426:26
Indianapolis Colts
Houston Texans

Anyway, 1-1 on the night and there's some of the stats.
Appreciate the feedback. Post the CPUs stats next time if you can.
Old 03-04-2020, 08:03 AM   #85
Rookie

tmanning's Arena

OVR: 0

Jarodd,

I wanted to give feedback about black set.

I am still struggling with user passing. I am happy with gameplay overall. I am seeing a different more realistic challenge.

Touch passing is killing me. Just when I think I got the hang of it. I make a throw that makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Back to the drawing board.

So I find myself thinking too much when passing (in the pocket), and with pass block at 5 that creates a ton of sacks.

I was playing with TFG’s rosters.... going back to default EA rosters.

I am going to start a Franchise from scratch and go through all the steps to get comfortable with the set by playing the preseason games.

I will update after week 1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2020, 09:17 AM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanning
Jarodd,

I am still struggling with user passing. I am happy with gameplay overall. I am seeing a different more realistic challenge.

Touch passing is killing me. Just when I think I got the hang of it. I make a throw that makes absolutely no sense what so ever. Back to the drawing board.

So I find myself thinking too much when passing (in the pocket), and with pass block at 5 that creates a ton of sacks.

I am going to start a Franchise from scratch and go through all the steps to get comfortable with the set by playing the preseason games.

I have not played with a set nearly as hard as the black set, but I will say that I have found almost no value in ever using anything other than a bullet pass. Touch and lob passes are far more likely to be intercepted if the WR/DB are in close quarters, and if you do have someone open, all they seem to do is give time for a defender to close and trigger a "contested catch" animation.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:21 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmanning
Jarodd,

Yeah you definitely can find yourself thinking too much much trying to complete certain routes. I jumped in practice mode and let them call random plays for me with my Custom playbook for a while to shake off the rust and get my rhythm back with the left stick. It helped a lot..

Definitely keep me posted with your games. I been looking for some feedback with the black set.. Right now I like it how it is.. I been back and forth with the tackling slider. Thats the only area that's been kind of tough. When I put the USER tackling on 40 The CPU struggles to run but when I have it on 35 I'm getting gashed. Lol! I just have to realize I have a trash D and go from their.
Old 03-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yeah you definitely can find yourself thinking too much much trying to complete certain routes. I jumped in practice mode and let them call random plays for me with my Custom playbook for a while to shake off the rust and get my rhythm back with the left stick. It helped a lot..

Definitely keep me posted with your games. I been looking for some feedback with the black set.. Right now I like it how it is.. I been back and forth with the tackling slider. Thats the only area that's been kind of tough. When I put the USER tackling on 40 The CPU struggles to run but when I have it on 35 I'm getting gashed. Lol! I just have to realize I have a trash D and go from their.
Have you streamed any games with the Black set? I don't see any videos on twitch. Really curious to watch someone play with a set that looks so diabolically difficult.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »