Home

Madden 20 Coach/Owner mode CPU/CPU Pro Default

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Coach/Owner mode CPU/CPU Pro Default within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 03-28-2020, 09:34 PM   #17
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0

Loving flip play on. Seeing fewer odd lineups on D and crazy amounts of audibles by O. Changing on OP

Also recommended is a full profile delete following the latest patch. Following CDs and other posters advice on this. No real reason not to, only takes a few minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by Woad23; 03-28-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old 04-01-2020, 03:06 PM   #18
Rookie

Re: Madden 20 Coach/Owner mode CPU/CPU Pro Default

Just a few more questions if you don't mind:

Do you have Superstar Abilites on or off? And do you have the game set on simulation or arcade?
Old 04-01-2020, 03:28 PM   #19
Pro

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Heya folks, I know itís the end of the Madden run. But with no sports on TV and most of us stuck in our homes, I thought Iíd share what Iím currently using and loving.

First off I didnít start out this iteration playing Owner mode style. Iíve used just about every set posted here for various lengths of time. Lots to love and thanks to all the set makers for all their hard work.

I started doing Owner mode style (which is just CPU VS CPU but I only control my team) about a month ago and loved it. Team building has always been my favorite part of the game. I used CDís set for many seasons and it is great!
Also used seanstephens and Tommyís. They also had many good things going for them. The one thing I couldnít get over was that I felt like the sliders were dictating the games more than the players. Which led me to what I am using and loving.

JoshCís approach has always been my favorite but I always end up crushing the cpu by midway through the cycle. No fault of his, I just could never make myself play ďsimĒ enough. Just felt silly not calling plays I knew would work because they would work. However in owner mode this isnít an issue, so I thought Iíd give them a try. It was good but not great. Still saw too many dump offs and too high completion percentages for my taste. (I know comp % is a terrible stat to judge anything by, but it bugs me) So I made one more change. I switched from All Pro to Pro. Bam! Games had everything I was looking for! Good teams crushing bad teams (but not 100% of the time), good qbs throwing for 400, bad qbs throwing 4 ints. Players and teams playing to their ratings. My personal team schemes and ratings really dictating the flow of the games. It has been awesome.

Sorry for the incredibly long backstory. Here is what I use and how I use it.

MM

All Madden (3/27) tested on all pro, pro and all madden and all madden seemed to offer the smoothest game play. Could also all be a placebo!
Clock 10 min
Acc clock OFF
Injury 10
Fatigue 50
Threshold 50

All gameplay helps OFF
Flip play ON (3/28) seeing way less audibles and odd lineups with players running all over the field to cover far away zones.

All sliders/penalties/subs DEFAULT

(I also turn off all the visual effects and announcers because at this point of the cycle I canít take them anymore)

CFM

skill level PRO
clock 10 min
Acc clock OFF
superstar abilities ON
Player Training Auto (I let the computer handle this to avoid any artificial advantages)

injury 40
Fatigue 50
Threshold 50

All sliders/penalties/subs DEFAULT

Player experience: Default (I have also used TDawgs and didnít see anything negative, but trying pure default this time around)

How I play:

I control one team:
Set my Offensive and Defensive schemes (sometimes I hire a new coach and use his)
Make my own playbooks for them
Set lineups
Put players in trade block (I never initiate trades because the computer is terrible at this and I can fleece them)
I scout and draft as best I can (I never trade for extra picks because the computer is terrible at this)
I start the game then do sim and set it to slow and then advance to end of the game.
Then I watch the game. (Also fold laundry, homeschool kids, clean, eat snacks, text, scroll through the news ...etc)
I manually upgrade players as well.

Really has been amazing. I also play online with my cousin who also plays this way. Gives us lots to text about while we are sitting at home.

If I can ever figure out how to post stats I will or maybe Iíll stream some games. Let me know if you give it a whirl. Remember you have to let the cpu play the cpu. If you take over you will crush them because, you know, itís PRO.

What is MM ?
I play cpu vs Cpu...would love to play coach mode but, Madden forces you to joystick field goals (?) so no true coach mode there. I gave up on Madden 20 some 7 patches and some months ago.. Ballcarriers didnít juke...took away qb scrambling ..I had to go into every roster and edit speed..acceleration ect because of hyper speed of game..
You seem to have found something can you expound on your experience....do you see Cpu ballcarriers juking , qbís scrambling ect
Old 04-01-2020, 04:45 PM   #20
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogieSmooth
Just a few more questions if you don't mind:

Do you have Superstar Abilites on or off? And do you have the game set on simulation or arcade?

Superstar abilities ON (they are fun! You will occasionally see crazy games where an enforcer takes over and causes three fumbles, but I take those for the added fun of all the abilities)

Simulation

Old 04-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #21
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
What is MM ?

I play cpu vs Cpu...would love to play coach mode but, Madden forces you to joystick field goals (?) so no true coach mode there. I gave up on Madden 20 some 7 patches and some months ago.. Ballcarriers didnít juke...took away qb scrambling ..I had to go into every roster and edit speed..acceleration ect because of hyper speed of game..

You seem to have found something can you expound on your experience....do you see Cpu ballcarriers juking , qbís scrambling ect

MM is the main menu (the opening area before you enter your cfm)

I see everything in my games. The best part about the default is, in my opinion, the differences in players REALLY shows up. Bad rb wonít do much, little to no moves, lots of bad reads on holes. But zeke will make your defenders look silly. Iíve had Jackson run for over 100 on me as well (very frustrating! Play a spy D!)

Also for your coach mode problem of the kicker, you could just slow sim the kicks? (Set sim speed to slow, then sim to next play)

Another bonus of Pro is that it is way less ďhyperĒ. Basically hyper ness descends from all madden on down to rookie.

Last edited by Woad23; 04-01-2020 at 04:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2020, 05:46 PM   #22
Pro

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
MM is the main menu (the opening area before you enter your cfm)

I see everything in my games. The best part about the default is, in my opinion, the differences in players REALLY shows up. Bad rb wonít do much, little to no moves, lots of bad reads on holes. But zeke will make your defenders look silly. Iíve had Jackson run for over 100 on me as well (very frustrating! Play a spy D!)

Also for your coach mode problem of the kicker, you could just slow sim the kicks? (Set sim speed to slow, then sim to next play)

Another bonus of Pro is that it is way less ďhyperĒ. Basically hyper ness descends from all madden on down to rookie.
Thank you...I might re-purchase ..so frustrated I retuned copy when The Show came out....but maybe itís worth a shot ...I Cpu vs Cpu slow sim games yes does help on pro the speed thing ...I maybe should look into pc version as itís much easier to edit rosters..
Old 04-01-2020, 05:52 PM   #23
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

Itís been fun for me, especially with no other sports going to pay attention to

Old 04-03-2020, 01:24 PM   #24
Rookie

Woad23's Arena

https://youtu.be/gbmCKjbF-MU

Week 3 game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »