Home

Madden 20 Coach/Owner mode CPU/CPU Pro Default

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Coach/Owner mode CPU/CPU Pro Default within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2020, 03:40 PM   #25
Pro

Woad23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Coach/Owner mode CPU/CPU Pro Default

Rivalry game

https://youtu.be/HafMkTqod1c

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2020, 01:02 PM   #26
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Rivalry game

https://youtu.be/HafMkTqod1c

I’ve stopped playing coach mode because ..its not really coach mode.
Ex: you have to still use joystick or controller to kick field goals...(???)
Ex: when you call a running play there is this huge ugly bluish arrow wobbling out front of your runner..(???)
Ex: I think you also have to “take control “ of a player on defense..yada yada, never understood that

These things make the immersion vanish for me...so I shelved Coach mode as for me coach mode is just that coach..call plays period.

Do you find these a problem or do you have work around?

I only play Cpu Cpu my league as I don’t button mash old coach mode guy...

Last edited by tuckermaine; 04-14-2020 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:31 PM   #27
Pro

Woad23's Arena

I also play cpu/cpu. But for those immersion ruining aspects of coach mode I have a few suggestions.

Kicking, you have to slow sim (just like how you start cpu/cpu) the kicks. Sucky I know but it’s the only way I’ve found.

Running arrow thing. I honestly am not sure what this is. I turn everything off in visual feedback I’m guessing that’s where this issue lies for you.

Defense, I have heard people talk about holding L1 to get the cpu to take control of their player. I have never done this. I just call the play and never touch anything. The guy my circle is on (usually the de) seems to do just fine without me touching anything. That being said I have been caught in a hurry up trying to audible or adjust coverage and accidentally moved after the snap. Then holding L1 is necessary.

Hope any of this helps!

Old 04-14-2020, 01:40 PM   #28
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
I also play cpu/cpu. But for those immersion ruining aspects of coach mode I have a few suggestions.

Kicking, you have to slow sim (just like how you start cpu/cpu) the kicks. Sucky I know but it’s the only way I’ve found.

Running arrow thing. I honestly am not sure what this is. I turn everything off in visual feedback I’m guessing that’s where this issue lies for you.

Defense, I have heard people talk about holding L1 to get the cpu to take control of their player. I have never done this. I just call the play and never touch anything. The guy my circle is on (usually the de) seems to do just fine without me touching anything. That being said I have been caught in a hurry up trying to audible or adjust coverage and accidentally moved after the snap. Then holding L1 is necessary.

Hope any of this helps!

It does..
So the blue arrow for a running back may be negated by turning off visual feedback..(I’ll try that)
The problem with the sim thing for the kicker is..timing right..if you don’t slow sim (exit out first) in time your stuck finger fudging the controller ..

It’s sad ..I don’t know if the devs understand what Coach Mode is or if they care ..but every year its the same thing they just don’t get it.
Coach Mode is Coach Mode....”call frigg’n plays “

Thanks for your response...
Old 04-14-2020, 01:51 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 21

They don't care. They have said in the past that not enough people play like this do they don't devote any resources to it.

It's a holdover mode they just never got rid of, but any mode that is CPU vs CPU driven is not a priority. Online head to head drives the franchise now.

Not an opinion...just fact.

C

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-15-2020, 04:32 PM   #30
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Giving a season worth of testing a go using Matt’s settings for 50/50 injuries along with his penalty settings and 45 threshold. Everything else remaining at default and still pro skill level.

Old 04-16-2020, 12:42 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Giving a season worth of testing a go using Matt’s settings for 50/50 injuries along with his penalty settings and 45 threshold. Everything else remaining at default and still pro skill level.

Let me know how this goes. I’m also using matt10’s sliders which is very good animation wise and the best I’ve seen so far. There’s a couple slight issues but the gameplay itself outweighs them. I saw your post on how the human sliders doesn’t affect the CPU vs cpu gameplay and found it interesting. I’ve been tweaking Matt 10’s sliders just a little as too much would disrupt the fluidity since all of the sliders are somehow correlated. The issue I found was that the run game is almost non existent in cpu vs cpu (ironically when usering, it’s really Easy) as most running backs are met at the line and tackles are rarely broken. I turned the rbl slider up to 50 (I think Matt was 40) and turned tackling down to 55/56 and found great results though might turn rbl down to 45. Still doesn’t fix the stupid vision of the ball carriers but that’s maddens fault. The other slight problem is the qb completion. Matt’s slider at 50 for qb accuracy is good if you want to see the quarterback play to it’s fullest potential and variety of throws including inaccurate ones. However sometimes the check downs and statue qb happen in which I found several ways to remedy this. One would be to edit the qb traits as dccanyon suggested (ideal and average seems to be the problem) and another has to do with pbl sliders. I find that too low, qb barely has time to throw but will get the ball off quicker. Too high, the qb will turn into a statue and won’t scramble as much. I’ve yet to find the sweet spot (currently set to 43 as 45 was the one that triggered it) but I chalk this up to being madden. The defensive sliders also are involved but I don’t know them as well as matt. I left wr catching at 55 because you won’t see pretty animations otherwise. Lastly, if you play with super star abilities on especially when there’s a dline man with such, must turn pbl up or you’ll see them go crazy. I turn them off sometimes as well. Those are just my observations and maybe they will help you in your findings. I hope y’all stay safe during these crazy times, take care!

Last edited by Hairykiller; 04-16-2020 at 12:45 AM. Reason: iPhone gone wack
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2020, 07:45 AM   #32
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairykiller
Let me know how this goes. I’m also using matt10’s sliders which is very good animation wise and the best I’ve seen so far. There’s a couple slight issues but the gameplay itself outweighs them. I saw your post on how the human sliders doesn’t affect the CPU vs cpu gameplay and found it interesting. I’ve been tweaking Matt 10’s sliders just a little as too much would disrupt the fluidity since all of the sliders are somehow correlated. The issue I found was that the run game is almost non existent in cpu vs cpu (ironically when usering, it’s really Easy) as most running backs are met at the line and tackles are rarely broken. I turned the rbl slider up to 50 (I think Matt was 40) and turned tackling down to 55/56 and found great results though might turn rbl down to 45. Still doesn’t fix the stupid vision of the ball carriers but that’s maddens fault. The other slight problem is the qb completion. Matt’s slider at 50 for qb accuracy is good if you want to see the quarterback play to it’s fullest potential and variety of throws including inaccurate ones. However sometimes the check downs and statue qb happen in which I found several ways to remedy this. One would be to edit the qb traits as dccanyon suggested (ideal and average seems to be the problem) and another has to do with pbl sliders. I find that too low, qb barely has time to throw but will get the ball off quicker. Too high, the qb will turn into a statue and won’t scramble as much. I’ve yet to find the sweet spot (currently set to 43 as 45 was the one that triggered it) but I chalk this up to being madden. The defensive sliders also are involved but I don’t know them as well as matt. I left wr catching at 55 because you won’t see pretty animations otherwise. Lastly, if you play with super star abilities on especially when there’s a dline man with such, must turn pbl up or you’ll see them go crazy. I turn them off sometimes as well. Those are just my observations and maybe they will help you in your findings. I hope y’all stay safe during these crazy times, take care!

So far it has gone very well. Animations are great, game feels smooth. My super bowl contender is 3-0: 34-17, 20-10, 20-9.

Cousins rebuild is 0-3: 13-17, 20-27, 28-38

Rushing has been good-ish. My #1 back is averaging 3.9, but I am an air raid offense, so team isn’t built to run.

Qb play has been great. Mine is a field general so scrambling isn’t really an option. (Though he did have one! First time I’ve ever seen a FG run) but movement in the pocket is awesome.

I’ll stream a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »