Home

Madden 20 Coach/Owner mode CPU/CPU Pro Default

This is a discussion on Madden 20 Coach/Owner mode CPU/CPU Pro Default within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2020, 11:48 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Madden 20 Coach/Owner mode CPU/CPU Pro Default

How are your yards per carry? I have been having trouble getting players to get over 3 ypc.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2020, 10:32 AM   #42
Rookie

RockWise's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Heya folks, I know it’s the end of the Madden run. But with no sports on TV and most of us stuck in our homes, I thought I’d share what I’m currently using and loving.

First off I didn’t start out this iteration playing Owner mode style. I’ve used just about every set posted here for various lengths of time. Lots to love and thanks to all the set makers for all their hard work.

I started doing Owner mode style (which is just CPU VS CPU but I only control my team) about a month ago and loved it. Team building has always been my favorite part of the game. I used CD’s set for many seasons and it is great!
Also used seanstephens and Tommy’s. They also had many good things going for them. The one thing I couldn’t get over was that I felt like the sliders were dictating the games more than the players. Which led me to what I am using and loving.

JoshC’s approach has always been my favorite but I always end up crushing the cpu by midway through the cycle. No fault of his, I just could never make myself play “sim” enough. Just felt silly not calling plays I knew would work because they would work. However in owner mode this isn’t an issue, so I thought I’d give them a try. It was good but not great. Still saw too many dump offs and too high completion percentages for my taste. (I know comp % is a terrible stat to judge anything by, but it bugs me) So I made one more change. I switched from All Pro to Pro. Bam! Games had everything I was looking for! Good teams crushing bad teams (but not 100% of the time), good qbs throwing for 400, bad qbs throwing 4 ints. Players and teams playing to their ratings. My personal team schemes and ratings really dictating the flow of the games. It has been awesome.

Sorry for the incredibly long backstory. Here is what I use and how I use it.

MM

All Madden (3/27) tested on all pro, pro and all madden and all madden seemed to offer the smoothest game play. Could also all be a placebo!
Clock 13 min
Acc clock ON
Acc clock 15
Injury 50 (per Matt)
Fatigue 50
Threshold 50

All gameplay helps OFF
Flip play ON (3/28) seeing way less audibles and odd lineups with players running all over the field to cover far away zones.

All sliders/penalties/subs DEFAULT

(I also turn off all the visual effects and announcers because at this point of the cycle I can’t take them anymore)

CFM

skill level PRO
clock 13 min
Acc clock ON
Acc clock 15
superstar abilities ON
Player Training Auto (I let the computer handle this to avoid any artificial advantages)

injury 50
Fatigue 50
Threshold 50

All sliders/penalties/subs DEFAULT

Player experience: Default (I have also used TDawgs and didn’t see anything negative, but trying pure default this time around)

How I play:

I control one team:
Set my Offensive and Defensive schemes (sometimes I hire a new coach and use his)
Make my own playbooks for them
Set lineups
Put players in trade block (I never initiate trades because the computer is terrible at this and I can fleece them)
I scout and draft as best I can (I never trade for extra picks because the computer is terrible at this)
I start the game then do sim and set it to slow and then advance to end of the game.
Then I watch the game. (Also fold laundry, homeschool kids, clean, eat snacks, text, scroll through the news ...etc)
I manually upgrade players as well.

Really has been amazing. I also play online with my cousin who also plays this way. Gives us lots to text about while we are sitting at home.

If I can ever figure out how to post stats I will or maybe I’ll stream some games. Let me know if you give it a whirl. Remember you have to let the cpu play the cpu. If you take over you will crush them because, you know, it’s PRO.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

This is exactly what I do except I use 12 min Acc clock at 20. Games are so realistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-08-2020, 11:19 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

I actually been using relocation football leagues slider ls for a couple years now. They on youtube. But they pro difficulty settings. I do 32 man cause i hate seeing simmed stats. Im in third season they run pretty good. I use cycloniacs auto subs. But he made a change wherw he have the wr at 75 and 73 might go back to 85 and 83 for receivers. But ill b able to tell in reg season in pre season too. I also dont mess with the main menu and profile thing. I dont think it matters much. I think all u gotta do is exit and re enter if it starts acting wonky. None against ppl that do do this. Some slider sets need it. But i run on 15 min and 13 accel. Thats big to me to get right round the right number of plays in. I use pro difficulty. All the sliders are default except i have qb accuaracy at 40, fumbles at 68, interceptions at 40.

The injuries i have at 20. Default penalties. The kicking sliders like i think i got the fg sliders changed a tab so u dont see them extremely long fgs that u know thheybnot gonna make they dont take. But it plays very well. I tried superstar abilities off like a season or two ago and i dont like it. It dont let superstars be superstars. I also have all helpers turned off. Even auto flip. Cause i loke seing them battle. U will see the offense change the play then defense changes it to counter what they doing. I just think without the helpers it looks more natural for cpu vs cpu play. Is anyone on xbox by any chance. I wanna do a cpu vs cpu league. But hard to find enlugh that wont cheat.
Old 07-27-2020, 04:23 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hi Woad. How did you like default XP sliders vs Tdawgs? Do you know if xp sliders effect all teams or just yours?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »