Home

Ultimate True (as can be) Sim Sliders - CPU v CPU for Madden 20

This is a discussion on Ultimate True (as can be) Sim Sliders - CPU v CPU for Madden 20 within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 05-03-2020, 03:41 PM   #17
Madden 21 PC

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Ultimate True (as can be) Sim Sliders - CPU v CPU for Madden 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyhockaday
All you gotta do is not use my sliders if CDCool's are working for you. They weren't working for me. 7-10 sec every single drop back is exactly what I saw and is 100% completely true, why would anyone have time or necessity to lie about something like that. Good day to you both.
That's what I'm trying to figure out, stop spreading unproven nonsense about my work.

You come in here talking late comer nonsense which is not true.

It would be most appreciated if you stop doing that.

You have a good day.

Last edited by cdcool; 05-03-2020 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:12 PM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0

I assume super start abilities are off?
Old 05-05-2020, 01:11 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

Btw jeremyhockaday I'm trying your sliders as we speak so I'll be able to give some impressions tomorrow
Old 05-05-2020, 05:10 PM   #20
Rookie

I have something of interest (imo) I'd like to share.

I've been looking for cpu-cpu sliders for ever, finding decent results with some but ultimately being frustrated by some major flaws I couldn't let go. This set was no exception...

I've been playing default AP but found the defensive coverage infuriating. These sliders were a god-sent for that. However, the QB play while visually pleasing was ultimately disappointing: a dink-&-dump fest. So I went back to default AP until today when, frustrated beyond belief with the terrible pass coverage and DB play, I decided to test some theory I had come up with...

You see, I've read that coach schemes in Madden 20 were useless and so going for the best fit was the best way to go for the extra XP & Player development. I was therefor using the West Coast Spread style offense with a custom made PB. On default AP, it worked perfectly fine, with the QB taking some shots when possible and safe short dump throws when not or simply taking off and running for a few yards. With this slider set, shots were gone. It was a QB dump or run fest. So I changed my scheme to Vertical Power Run just to see what would happen. Best decision I ever made, the QB play I expected was back, some shots taken, some dumps, pocket awareness (most of the time) and some decent scrambles when available.

My theory was that the awful coverage in default AP was what allowed for the QB taking deeper shots and it seems to me it may have been the case. BTW, to test this I played (cpu-cpu slow sim to end) the same game vs the same opponent 4 times using the same PBs every time. Here's my results in QB stats if interested...

1. Default AP West Coast Spread 28-35 256yards 2TDs 1Int 4 sacks
2. This Slider set West Coast Spread 30-33 204yards 1TDs 1Int 3 sacks
3. Default AP Vert Power Run 24-30 390yards 2TDs 0Int 7 sacks
4. This Slider set Vert Power Run 36-41 336yards 4TDs 0Int 3 sacks

While the numbers tell a nice story, the gameplay is what urged me to post my findings. My QB is a scrambler. Rushing yards in all the games were very similar, between 4-8 attempts & 40 to 72 yards per game with 1TD in my 2nd game. However QB scrambling resulted in 7 of the 11 sacks total in default AP & only 1 of the 6 sacks with this set. Even more important, if a blitzer was freed on AP he got a sack, on this set of sliders, I saw both my QB & my opponent's stand in the pocket and throw at the last second numerous times, sometimes for completions, sometimes for decent attempts at least.

So all this to let you all know that scheme does make a difference in cpu-cpu gameplay, imo at least. What may be true is that it doesn't matter when simulating a game. Not sure about that.

Finally, ty so much for this slider set. The line play/interaction is so much better, not to mention the WR/DB play. It's still Madden, still flawed in many ways, but at least it looks almost right.

Poenplaceunque
Old 05-27-2020, 11:45 PM   #21
Pro

tuckermaine's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poenplaceunque
I have something of interest (imo) I'd like to share.

I've been looking for cpu-cpu sliders for ever, finding decent results with some but ultimately being frustrated by some major flaws I couldn't let go. This set was no exception...

I've been playing default AP but found the defensive coverage infuriating. These sliders were a god-sent for that. However, the QB play while visually pleasing was ultimately disappointing: a dink-&-dump fest. So I went back to default AP until today when, frustrated beyond belief with the terrible pass coverage and DB play, I decided to test some theory I had come up with...

You see, I've read that coach schemes in Madden 20 were useless and so going for the best fit was the best way to go for the extra XP & Player development. I was therefor using the West Coast Spread style offense with a custom made PB. On default AP, it worked perfectly fine, with the QB taking some shots when possible and safe short dump throws when not or simply taking off and running for a few yards. With this slider set, shots were gone. It was a QB dump or run fest. So I changed my scheme to Vertical Power Run just to see what would happen. Best decision I ever made, the QB play I expected was back, some shots taken, some dumps, pocket awareness (most of the time) and some decent scrambles when available.

My theory was that the awful coverage in default AP was what allowed for the QB taking deeper shots and it seems to me it may have been the case. BTW, to test this I played (cpu-cpu slow sim to end) the same game vs the same opponent 4 times using the same PBs every time. Here's my results in QB stats if interested...

1. Default AP West Coast Spread 28-35 256yards 2TDs 1Int 4 sacks
2. This Slider set West Coast Spread 30-33 204yards 1TDs 1Int 3 sacks
3. Default AP Vert Power Run 24-30 390yards 2TDs 0Int 7 sacks
4. This Slider set Vert Power Run 36-41 336yards 4TDs 0Int 3 sacks

While the numbers tell a nice story, the gameplay is what urged me to post my findings. My QB is a scrambler. Rushing yards in all the games were very similar, between 4-8 attempts & 40 to 72 yards per game with 1TD in my 2nd game. However QB scrambling resulted in 7 of the 11 sacks total in default AP & only 1 of the 6 sacks with this set. Even more important, if a blitzer was freed on AP he got a sack, on this set of sliders, I saw both my QB & my opponent's stand in the pocket and throw at the last second numerous times, sometimes for completions, sometimes for decent attempts at least.

So all this to let you all know that scheme does make a difference in cpu-cpu gameplay, imo at least. What may be true is that it doesn't matter when simulating a game. Not sure about that.

Finally, ty so much for this slider set. The line play/interaction is so much better, not to mention the WR/DB play. It's still Madden, still flawed in many ways, but at least it looks almost right.

Poenplaceunque
Iím lost..so what slider set are you using?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2020, 12:01 PM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Iím lost..so what slider set are you using?
For the purposes of my testing, I was using Default All Pro & Jeremy's (this page). I played the same game 4 times, twice in Default All Pro, twice with Jeremy's sliders, changing only the offensive schemes for my team to see if it made a difference... I think it did; then again 5 games later I wasn't so sure anymore...

In the end, I was using Jeremy's sliders. However I have since stopped playing Madden altogether after trying 5-6 different slider sets and seeing the exact same gameplay issues that I just can't stand. The problem is not with the slider sets themselves, it's that no matter how much they try to fix, the game imo still plays awful... that's on EA.

So to answer your question, I'm not using any slider set anymore but the last one I did use was Jeremy's.

I'm done with Madden 20; I'm done with EA.
Old 08-13-2020, 08:56 PM   #23
Rookie

SCOOTER24_7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHarvey21
I assume super start abilities are off?
Yea I guess so

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »