Home

cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) Madden 21 sliders

This is a discussion on cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) Madden 21 sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2021, 03:41 PM   #1153
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) Madden 21 sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
So from what I’m reading you would be better off spending skill points in all the different archetypes as opposed to focusing on one and raising the players overall.

Higher overall means less skill points for the same amount of experience, so unless you are building a very specific sort of team like a D that only plays man coverage, you’re much better off keeping overalls low and spreading out then points.

I also believe I’ve read that the cpu only upgrades the archetype for the scheme they are running, which would seem to put cpu generated rookies at a pretty big disadvantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I auto everything for all 32 teams including skill points to keep all teams equal in the process.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:39 PM   #1154
Rookie

theoriginal561's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: cdcool's 15 min Quarter: CPU vs CPU (Watched General Manager) Madden 21 sliders

Quote:
So from what I’m reading you would be better off spending skill points in all the different archetypes as opposed to focusing on one and raising the players overall.

Higher overall means less skill points for the same amount of experience, so unless you are building a very specific sort of team like a D that only plays man coverage, you’re much better off keeping overalls low and spreading out then points.

I also believe I’ve read that the cpu only upgrades the archetype for the scheme they are running, which would seem to put cpu generated rookies at a pretty big disadvantage.

Yea if you're not running auto everything, I focus on development like this.

AT = Archetypes

1. What is the highest category? if they're 50 - 75 ish, focus on that. Because some players in the low 60's may have the scheme fit AT 10 points lower and its essentially wasted.

2. Once the guy you're working on is in that 75-80 range, focus on a secondary type. Now, realize what type of player you have before doing this. Obviously you're not going to put points into Burrows scrambling AT, you'd be doing the Improvisor. Now, because he's a special QB points into that AT and Field General are best to focus on. Might help having some knowledge of proper team builds but you really don't.

3. Dev Traits also play into this. Role players with normal devs get the least upgrades. So for them they always get upgrades to their #1 AT UNLESS the 2nd or 3rd AT is within 2 points. Players with higher traits you can play around with multi AT upgrades. At least with those guys you can have a 5 - 6 point window versus a 1 - 2 point window.

Scheme upgrades should always be priority #1 for gameplay. And if your player is really bad for the scheme... well... that's on you for poor drafting or free agent scouting (although bad FAs happen IRL so its ok).

4. My final notes, just be smart about your upgrades. You're not going to turn a 190 LB scat back into Derrick Henry nor should you be turning a 5'9 slot WR into a physical monster like Calvin Johnson. LBs are the only position I don't mind upgrading low ATs like pass rush for LBs that are 80+ OVR and you want to help them out against the pass if they have to sit back.

5. ALSO, if you want to try the HARD route and train up a LOW OVR QB, they have to be in the weekly training regimen, and you need to sign them to longish contracts so you have time to upgrade them enough. Like right now I have Cole McDonald sitting on the bench as a 3rd QB for the Bucs. So while he's feasting on training points, he also has a team that should hit stat goals for more points.
Old 01-23-2021, 10:21 AM   #1155
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Hey CD, what are you seeing as far as ints? I only follow one team and they seem very low. Both thrown and picked on D. Wondering if it’s just my team. Thanks a bunch.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2021, 10:30 AM   #1156
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Quote:
Hey CD, what are you seeing as far as ints? I only follow one team and they seem very low. Both thrown and picked on D. Wondering if it’s just my team. Thanks a bunch.

INT's are good, not excessive or not enough, most games have one or more but not all. I will keep a close tab on em. They can change like everything else. QB ratings look good also. I'm seeing Picks.

I got Brady playing now, I'll see if he throws one.

Last edited by cdcool; 01-23-2021 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-23-2021, 02:22 PM   #1157
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

Okay, Looking at Interceptions
A little light now, most games have one or none.
Testing

Last edited by cdcool; 01-23-2021 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:45 PM   #1158
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OP UPDATED most current set posted on 1/23/2021
Interceptions 7 to 30

Interceptions became too light

Thanks Woad23, I was focused on Rushing

If too many I will bump it down to where I had it above 7 in the OP.
30 looks good, 35 is too high
Old 01-23-2021, 06:54 PM   #1159
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Awesome CD. Thanks for looking into it. Had a down day today so tested a theory I had with setting sliders to 100. Basically I was worried with coverages at 100 the skill of dbs wouldn’t matter. Basically the sliders made everyone even.

So I made a test league where I put all Detroit’s dbs and LBs to 99 coverage skills and all the Ravens to 60 coverage skills. Ran the game a bunch of times with profile resets and the Lions dominated the score and the passing stats every time!

I should also mention that this league is 15 years in the future so no real players.

Truly awesome job CD, thanks for all the work to give us GM type players a realistic experience.

Old 01-23-2021, 07:15 PM   #1160
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OP UPDATED most current set posted on 1/23/2021
Interceptions 7 to 30
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2021-01-23.jpg (102.9 KB, 34 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »