Home

JoshC1977's Madden 21 CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 21 CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2020, 01:15 PM   #73
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 21 CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Has anyone been able to complete a 9 route? Every time I get a WR one-on-one on the outside and take a shot, the DB intercepts the ball. The CPU has also been throwing quite a few picks against me. Mahomes threw two last game against a bad Texans secondary. To be fair, I have a very small sample size though. Wondering if anyone else is noticing the same things.
Both of those things, VERY matchup dependant.

On deep go routes, I'm finding the best approach to be to use the high pass and really jamming down for a high-velo throw and hoping your receiver can run under it. Doing a touch pass on deep routes can be very dicey because you then usually get a deep ball 1 on 1 interaction - unless you have a super high-end WR, it usually ends bad. (Also, I've been making plentiful use of the receiver catch types....)
Old 08-28-2020, 01:36 PM   #74
Pro

sms024's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Has anyone been able to complete a 9 route? Every time I get a WR one-on-one on the outside and take a shot, the DB intercepts the ball. The CPU has also been throwing quite a few picks against me. Mahomes threw two last game against a bad Texans secondary. To be fair, I have a very small sample size though. Wondering if anyone else is noticing the same things.
I actually just completed a 9 in my loss to GB. As for the INTs, I got 3 in game 1 but Aaron Rogers didn't throw a single one despite my best efforts to mix things up and pressure him. Had a few that coulda been but were dropped. I however am the king of throwing picks. 8 in 2 games
Old 08-28-2020, 02:42 PM   #75
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sms024
I actually just completed a 9 in my loss to GB. As for the INTs, I got 3 in game 1 but Aaron Rogers didn't throw a single one despite my best efforts to mix things up and pressure him. Had a few that coulda been but were dropped. I however am the king of throwing picks. 8 in 2 games
Funny you mention this, but I get the feeling a lot of us are kings of the INT right now.

I think it has a lot to do with old habits die hard. We are throwing a few "money routes" from years past, and that just won't fly this year. The AI seems much more adept at learning our tendencies (maybe i'm dreaming lol).

Snagged my hard copy at lunch and looking forward to jumping into my CFM today. I thought about just continuing my Bills "early access" CFM, but I want a nice fresh slate from today.

Cheers all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2020, 03:36 PM   #76
Pro

sms024's Arena

I think for me the problem is that zone defenders are actually smart. most of my picks have been against cover 1 and the MLB or safety in that hook zone get me. In madden 20 they didn't play that area well so in routes and TE posts were real easy to hit. Defender reaction and awareness is great so I just have to be smarter with my throws. Also if I could get more than 2 seconds in the pocket that would be cool. Right side of my line be lackin
Old 08-28-2020, 03:47 PM   #77
MVP

wordtobigbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordtobigbird
Love your philosophy and feedback Josh. Caught up on a few of your Bears games last night. Thought this video on the new line interaction system and icons would be useful for everyone, especially you with your oline issues and stacked dline. Haven't seen the new pass block system explained anywhere else. This new system is definitely playing a huge factor in the variability between games. It's all about the matchups for 4 quarters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BklNSPUtbUA
Using the mechanics explained in this video I was able to see that this year matchups are truly dynamic and HOW you use your team means a lot. I quit playing Madden because of CPU QB AI and lack of dynamic in game decision making. Reading Armor and Josh's impressions got me back on board.

Anyway, using Broncos vs Raiders. Default all pro, 10 min/no acc, ballhawk on. I just halfazzd my play calling using the recommended plays. Just wanted to watch these line mechanics. Didn't take long for the RT to have 4 bars on the outside rush for Miller. I userd him and went inside to 0 bars and got a quick win. Ok so now I know I can set them up outside and go inside when the time is right. At half they put up 17. Carr is trash but he's doing decent. Threw me some gimmes but was able to move the ball.

At some point in the third quarter I put all the nickle and dime formations on OLB swap. Immediate results. CPU AI Von miller starts whipping the LT and gets a quick sack. Now hes in the zone or whatever and stays that way if I dont give up 20 yards. Continued the same recommended play calling and Miller completely dominated the game to the point Carr was throwing early and inaccurate and eventually to the wrong team. I was able to easily turn defense to points and get a lead despite completing 50% of my passes with Locke because I have true playmakers on defense and a true 2 headed monster at RB (Lindsey 21 for 113, Melvin Gordon 10 for 45), Beautiful.

What makes this really work is that QB AI is competent now. Can't believe how much time I spent trying to play this game where the QBs were braindead. Carr was clearly average but he didnt just take 5 sacks from Miller like in years past. He ran for his life and got rid of the ball. Miller only finished with 2 sacks but multiple pressures that ended drives. If Miller got hurt or I didnt switch sides or Carr was more mobile the game can turn in different directions.

The game even noticed this because late in the 4th after I pulled ahead multiple scores they brought up this graphic for Carr: Started 15/24 217 2TDs (nothing amazing) and since: 6/13 49 0TDs. 3 INT total.

Loving this gameplay and look foward to seeing the progress in everyone's CFMs. Going to stay out of the general forum and enjoy the positive vibes of people actually enjoying the game here lol. Sorry for the long post, feels good to be back in this world though!
Old 08-28-2020, 05:57 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diegoarte01
Did they change the button to blockshed? I spam X and nothing happens

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Are you trolling? Lol
Old 08-28-2020, 08:30 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I love it!!! It was 1 of my favorite things about ncaa 14

https://www.youtube.com/user/schnaidt1

I do like it but don’t like that I now have to click two buttons to tackle. Right stivk and square

Old 08-29-2020, 02:09 AM   #80
Rookie

Seeing a lot of cool things with these sliders.
Off the ball injuries
Penalties on big plays!!! Holding and PI
Playing as the Bears started with Foles had to make a switch to Mitch bc of injury and Foles was turning ball over way too much
Having fun again with Madden!!!
Thanks for sliders!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »