Home

JoshC1977's Madden 21 CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's Madden 21 CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2021, 10:21 AM   #737
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 21 CFM Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Because it is one of the triggers for the dropback glitch.
Copy that my friend. I know that schnaidt keeps the forced passes ideal so wanted to know the difference. I’m gonna try balanced and see how it goes.
Old 02-15-2021, 10:43 AM   #738
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Because it is one of the triggers for the dropback glitch.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 02-15-2021, 11:11 AM   #739
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
Copy that my friend. I know that schnaidt keeps the forced passes ideal so wanted to know the difference. I’m gonna try balanced and see how it goes.
Ah, I see. Well all I can say is that I don't have any issues with the dropback glitch at all with this setup and the three simple QB edits (for FG and SA quarterbacks - and lately, I've just done it for all QBs...just for simplicity) highlighted in the OP. Bear in mind, those edits are only intended to rid the game of the dropback glitch - I'm not trying to do anything more than that. It's great because you don't need to modify any player ratings or anything; you just set those traits once (and update for rookies as they come into the league) and you're basically done.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 02-15-2021 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-15-2021, 11:14 AM   #740
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Ah, I see. Well all I can say is that I don't have any issues with the dropback glitch at all with this setup and the three simple QB edits (for FG and SA quarterbacks - and lately, I've just done it for all QBs...just for simplicity) highlighted in the OP. Bear in mind, those edits are only intended to rid the game of the dropback glitch - I'm not trying to do anything more than that. It's great because you don't need to modify any player ratings or anything; you just set those traits once (and update for rookies as they come into the league) and you're basically done.
Ok cool.. I just like to hear everyone’s take on their observationsz
Old 03-12-2021, 01:49 PM   #741
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

So I landed a PS5 finally and toyed a bit with next gen Madden.

Played a bit with default AP. It was just a hair off balancing-wise in several areas (much like it was on current gen).

Plugged-in the OP without QB edits...and my word was it good! Going to start up a franchise this weekend and get some extended play time with the game. I'm not planning on doing a ton of slider experimenting, but will rather focus-in on the current OP and will adjust only if needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2021, 03:06 PM   #742
Pro

sms024's Arena

Quote:
So I landed a PS5 finally and toyed a bit with next gen Madden.

Played a bit with default AP. It was just a hair off balancing-wise in several areas (much like it was on current gen).

Plugged-in the OP without QB edits...and my word was it good! Going to start up a franchise this weekend and get some extended play time with the game. I'm not planning on doing a ton of slider experimenting, but will rather focus-in on the current OP and will adjust only if needed.
Glad we have the same opinion here. I got torched last night by derrick henry in a 62-38 loss to the titans

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2021, 08:55 AM   #743
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I'm five games into my franchise with the Colts on Next Gen using the OP. I'm 3-2 thus far (we have an embarrassingly easy schedule). My goal is to go at least one full season (or two) before I consider any possible updates for next gen.

One thing quickly stood out and I saw it on numerous streams and in comments; and confirmed it when playing. The CPU QBs have an annoying tendency to chuck the ball out of bounds. The issue is tied to the 'Throw Ball Away' trait - it's like it is a 'priority' action instead of trying to wait for a route to develop or trying to extend a play. That trait was just taking away too much from QB's "ID" and ratings.

I'm strongly advising you all on Next Gen to turn this trait off for all CPU QBs. They WILL still throw the ball away with it off (which tells you right there that something is up with the trait) but it will be much more contextual. I've added it to the OP and all observations will be made with that trait adjustment implemented.

Note: I have no intention of entertaining other QB edits to "make them play better" - the other traits appear to be functioning properly and I don't want to remove any differentiation of different QBs unless there is a major issue.
Old 03-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #744
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
I'm five games into my franchise with the Colts on Next Gen using the OP. I'm 3-2 thus far (we have an embarrassingly easy schedule). My goal is to go at least one full season (or two) before I consider any possible updates for next gen.

One thing quickly stood out and I saw it on numerous streams and in comments; and confirmed it when playing. The CPU QBs have an annoying tendency to chuck the ball out of bounds. The issue is tied to the 'Throw Ball Away' trait - it's like it is a 'priority' action instead of trying to wait for a route to develop or trying to extend a play. That trait was just taking away too much from QB's "ID" and ratings.

I'm strongly advising you all on Next Gen to turn this trait off for all CPU QBs. They WILL still throw the ball away with it off (which tells you right there that something is up with the trait) but it will be much more contextual. I've added it to the OP and all observations will be made with that trait adjustment implemented.

Note: I have no intention of entertaining other QB edits to "make them play better" - the other traits appear to be functioning properly and I don't want to remove any differentiation of different QBs unless there is a major issue.

I agree with everything you said here. That trait needs to be off and leave everything else as is. If not, it starts to feel like every quarterback is the same

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »