Home

Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders

This is a discussion on Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2021, 03:48 PM   #1489
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Matt10's Madden 21 Sliders

I’m using the All-Pro slider set playing offense only (sim defense) as a Coach on franchise mode. For the most part, I’m greatly enjoying these sliders, and just wanted to offer my feedback. I play with the Cardinals and have a custom spread/read option offensive playbook. Passing is a challenge, which is awesome. It’s not too easy, and not entirely too hard. I finished my first season and Kyler Murray went 336/489 (68% completion) for 3,795 yards with 29 TDs to 16 INTs. Overall, great numbers for a rookie, but Madden generally makes it easy to rack up arcade numbers. The difficulty felt great for him; I struggled at times against tight coverage that looked really good onscreen. If that first season is the benchmark, then I’m excited for the passing game in future seasons with this slider set. (My Cardinals finished with a 7-9 record, to give perspective for the difficulty).

If I have a gripe with this slider set, it’s with the run game, although I’m not sure if it’s because of the sliders or my offensive line. My OL is on average rated around 75-77, so not great. Murray was sacked 49 times the first season. Some of that is on Madden/me; throw animations seem to take forever in this version, so I would press the button to throw and in his windup, a defender would converge and sack him. I guess I have to get faster at my reads and release, it’s just frustrating at times because I would think I have ample time to throw, only for a lineman to accelerate into the sack. Oh well. But back to the run game. I’ve broken down on instant replay a ton of run plays, and it’s astonishing how often my O-linemen simply ignore their assignments and run to the second level. Why would you block the MLB or even the Safety when the damn DT or DE is in your face and running past you? I’ve seen this on option runs, zone runs, power runs, etc. my run game struggled in the first season, especially in the red zone. Outside runs were ineffective, and inside runs were average. The option run was the only thing that seemed to work. Like I said, some of that may be on my average O-line, and some of it for sure is on this version’s superhuman D-linemen. One thing that I did want to bring up is that, especially in this second season, I’ve noticed that every defender is tackling with the big hit stick, even from weird angles or no momentum. I’ve seen a massive uptick in fumbles this season.

Anyway, just want to provide some feedback for you. I really appreciate the work you’ve put in making these sliders, and I’m having a blast playing with them. Keep up the good work, my man.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:28 PM   #1490
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

How’s testing going Matt?
Old 03-09-2021, 07:56 PM   #1491
Rookie

Linebacker57's Arena

Funny thing about this game is that it plays differently solo vs playing with someone on the same team.

The QB throwing the ball away still happens in both instances but I'm able to get sacks easier when playing solo. When I share play with a friend who plays on the same team as me, it's almost impossible to get user sacks cause the QB senses pressure better. I tested this playing solo vs the ravens and then share play vs the ravens. Lamar Jackson played more like his true self when playing solo, often moving around in the pocket to buy more time. However when i played with the same sliders in the same CFM with a buddy, Jackson never scrambled and never moved in the pocket, just stood there and launched it in the stands if anyone got past the LOS. Very disappointing.

I'm guessing i'm gonna have to start a new CFM and edit all the QB traits of every QB to try and avoid this. It's really an immersion killer when qb's play the same and throw the ball away 12 times a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2021, 03:34 AM   #1492
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

OVR: 2

Streaming PS5 version 12 All-Madden 2024 Super Bowl Oilers @ Cowboys https://youtu.be/HveiT6czKl4
Old 03-11-2021, 01:06 PM   #1493
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
How’s testing going Matt?
I am just about done. Had to test on both current-gen and nex-gen, not to mention somewhat rebuild the sets. Should be posted soon. I won't say today as I never follow through, but soon!
Old 03-11-2021, 01:15 PM   #1494
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I am just about done. Had to test on both current-gen and nex-gen, not to mention somewhat rebuild the sets. Should be posted soon. I won't say today as I never follow through, but soon!
Thanks man.. excited to see what you cooked up
Old 03-11-2021, 02:06 PM   #1495
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

Streaming a user game using version 12 All-Madden 2025 Week 13 Cowboys @ Packers https://youtu.be/3GMNEDHcw2s
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2021, 09:17 PM   #1496
Pro

BlackLightning3's Arena

Streaming version 12 All-Madden 2025 Week 14 Cowboys vs Chargers https://youtu.be/u5yEu9e1his

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »