Home

Speed Threshold

This is a discussion on Speed Threshold within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2020, 07:41 AM   #1
Rookie

Tbjohnson2's Arena

OVR: 0
Speed Threshold

Thanks in advance to anyone that is able to help me out here! I need a way to make user running tougher. My buddy and I are playing on AM with URB at 40 and CPU tackle at 55 but we’re still avg over 10 yards a carry some games. We have tried ST at 20 (running was even easier with it that low) and are currently playing with it set to 75. Should I go up to 100? What will the negative affects be?

I know some say CPU Tackle plays a role. What is too high for that? Currently at 55 - I do not want to get “big hit” every single tackle. I am not sure if that’s how the tackle slider works but it was just my assumption.

Lastly, how far down can we go on Run Block and what are the negative affects there?

I thought they fixed this in M21, but it reminds me of last year when it was simply too easy to run. Makes it tough to enjoy the game for me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2020, 08:23 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Speed Threshold

Threshold is not going to make it easier or harder, it's just going to change which runs work and which ones don't.

I'm willing to offer some suggestions; but I'd need to see your entire slider setup (including your penalty settings).

Some settings, though not directly related to the run game, can have potentiating effects on other settings. It's important we get a full scope of what you're using.
Old 10-06-2020, 08:38 AM   #3
Rookie

Tbjohnson2's Arena

Speed Threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Threshold is not going to make it easier or harder, it's just going to change which runs work and which ones don't.

I'm willing to offer some suggestions; but I'd need to see your entire slider setup (including your penalty settings).

Some settings, though not directly related to the run game, can have potentiating effects on other settings. It's important we get a full scope of what you're using.

Thanks for any suggestions! I am using default penalty sliders. After reading through a lot of the sets on OS last night, seems that I def need to adjust some of those. I will trust whatever you say on that front. Below are the other sliders that I’ve been using most recently...

User/CPU
QB Acc - 45/45
PB - 45/45
WR Catch - 45/45
RB - 40/55
Fumbles - 50/50
PDR - 52/50
Int - 25/25
PC - 52/50
Tackle - 42/55

It seems to be the stretch plays that get the crazy stats. I realize that we could make a rule and just not run those plays; but that makes it tough for me to enjoy the game, when you can’t run a large portion of your playbook. With the sliders shown above, 10 ypc is the norm with the occasional 7-8 ypc game - and then even some 15+ ypc games.

Last edited by Tbjohnson2; 10-06-2020 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:07 AM   #4
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OK....so your setup is reasonably constructed - I get why you've made all the changes you've made.

Stretch plays are tough because they can be overpowered due to too much speed separation (i.e. jamming sprint and out running everyone) or too little speed separation (i.e. every defender just gets blocked easily). Messing with threshold gets very messy - it's often best IMO to leave it alone and address via other means.

This is how I would proceed if I were in your shoes.

(0.5) I didn't ask before, but if you're using custom autosubs, change them back to default 60/80 and test it out with your setup before doing anything else. Autosubs can really jack-up a lot of defender pursuit. If you've been running with default autosubs, move onto number 1.

1. I'd set threshold back at default AND set ALL of the CPU sliders back to default (including their offensive sliders). Test that out first. Give it 3 games to "settle in".

2. If that seems to resolve the issues; then I'd slowly begin to change their settings back to where you have them. If something seems to "break" it; then you have your culprit. If nothing breaks it and it was still solid, it was threshold.

3. Now, if Step 1 did not resolve the issue, I'd still revert the threshold and maybe try something like lowering your fumble slider to 45.

4. If that doesn't work, I'd really check out Jarrod's sets. He does a good job for bumping up AM for folks that need it.
Old 10-06-2020, 09:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Tbjohnson2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK....so your setup is reasonably constructed - I get why you've made all the changes you've made.

Stretch plays are tough because they can be overpowered due to too much speed separation (i.e. jamming sprint and out running everyone) or too little speed separation (i.e. every defender just gets blocked easily). Messing with threshold gets very messy - it's often best IMO to leave it alone and address via other means.

This is how I would proceed if I were in your shoes.

(0.5) I didn't ask before, but if you're using custom autosubs, change them back to default 60/80 and test it out with your setup before doing anything else. Autosubs can really jack-up a lot of defender pursuit. If you've been running with default autosubs, move onto number 1.

1. I'd set threshold back at default AND set ALL of the CPU sliders back to default (including their offensive sliders). Test that out first. Give it 3 games to "settle in".

2. If that seems to resolve the issues; then I'd slowly begin to change their settings back to where you have them. If something seems to "break" it; then you have your culprit. If nothing breaks it and it was still solid, it was threshold.

3. Now, if Step 1 did not resolve the issue, I'd still revert the threshold and maybe try something like lowering your fumble slider to 45.

4. If that doesn't work, I'd really check out Jarrod's sets. He does a good job for bumping up AM for folks that need it.

Thanks for the feedback! So just confirming; should I keep penalty sliders at default? I have seen Jarrod’s tougher sets and considered it. They just seem so extreme that I haven’t committed to them; but if this doesn’t work, I’ll try them out!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2020, 09:25 AM   #6
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbjohnson2
Thanks for the feedback! So just confirming; should I keep penalty sliders at default? I have seen Jarrod’s tougher sets and considered it. They just seem so extreme that I haven’t committed to them; but if this doesn’t work, I’ll try them out!
I would leave the penalty sliders alone. They DO have value but you can bury yourself in the weeds very quickly because you'll be changing how the CPU plays on their side of the ball as well.

Wanting a "more challenging All Madden" is not my cup of tea - but it IS Jarrod's...that's his wheelhouse and he's been doing it a LONG time; I'd definitely work your way through his setups and see what works for you if you can't easily resolve your issues.
Old 10-09-2020, 12:39 PM   #7
Banned

Set user run blocking at 30 and cpu tackling to 62 fatigue at 70 my run game slowed down

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 10-09-2020, 04:11 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Similar question, but I need to get the CPU to run better on All-Madden sim. I have their run blocking at 80, my tackle at 40 and they still get 2 yards a carry. Penalty sliders are default and threshold is at 55.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »