Home

Why is everyone using an injury slider of 25?

This is a discussion on Why is everyone using an injury slider of 25? within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2020, 09:53 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why is everyone using an injury slider of 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcool
Some have none
Even on 51? Damn. 51/52 in Madden 20 would get you a pretty steady flow of injuries, I don’t really know what to do with the slider this year since default is 25. My assumption (perhaps misguided) was that the lower default meant they had changed the slider in some way.
Old 09-19-2020, 09:59 AM   #10
Slider Guru

cdcool's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanklax
Even on 51? Damn. 51/52 in Madden 20 would get you a pretty steady flow of injuries, I don’t really know what to do with the slider this year since default is 25. My assumption (perhaps misguided) was that the lower default meant they had changed the slider in some way.
I thought the median was 50
I had Madden 20 on 52
I think the Injury Time Outs throw most people off, I believe each team gets 4, most come back in the game.

Last edited by cdcool; 09-19-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:10 PM   #11
Just started!

I've been using 40. Enough injuries to frustrate me when a star goes out for a couple weeks, but not enough to completely ruin the fun. I think it's a good mix, seems most teams have an injury or two, some more some less across various lengths. Seems realistic to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2020, 04:14 AM   #12
Rookie

Richie71's Arena

Does the slider affect sim games? I don't think it did last year.

I always thought there should be separate sliders for played games vs simmed games.
Old 09-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #13
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

I've seen an excellent mix of injuries at 25. I usually have 3 or 4 guys on my team on the injured list at any one time (though that fluctuates). There's a good variety of positions impacted and plenty of "walk-off" injuries in-game. That's running 10 min quarters as well - which I am sure helps a lot (15 mins seems to dumb down fatigue/injury impacts). That's enough to generate storylines and have definite impacts. Given that the walk-off guys don't get "lingering" injuries that can nag them (which is a LOT of the real life stuff) and that we don't have non-game injuries, it's reasonable given the environment we're in.

Sim injuries for other teams - I don't care to be blunt. The system isn't robust enough to handle a more life-like number of injuries for the CPU. Generally every opponent I play has at least 1-2 guys hurt...for the way the system is implemented, that's enough to be impactful and create storylines without handicapping the CPU.

Edit: as an FYI, only the injury slider impacts simmed games.
Old 11-10-2020, 02:07 PM   #14
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Edit: as an FYI, only the injury slider impacts simmed games.

I can’t even tell if that’s the case, have simmed weeks with the injury @ 100 and gotten no new injuries.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 11-10-2020, 02:28 PM   #15
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

I've been using the injury slider at 50 and I'm having great results.

I will echo the point that injuries are a fundemental part of the NFL, and they happen a lot. I've seen 3-4 injuries per team, with varying lengths. Most are not multi-week injuries either. If you want to see a good variety of injuries, both in played and simmed games, I think 50 achieves this well.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2020, 12:59 AM   #16
Rookie

cirespieler's Arena

Why is everyone using an injury slider of 25?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycloniac
I've been using the injury slider at 50 and I'm having great results.

I will echo the point that injuries are a fundemental part of the NFL, and they happen a lot. I've seen 3-4 injuries per team, with varying lengths. Most are not multi-week injuries either. If you want to see a good variety of injuries, both in played and simmed games, I think 50 achieves this well.

No doubt that’s probably realistic for user played games, I usually play with 30 just so I don’t get handicapped vs CPU teams through uneven injury numbers.
The issue I see is that simmed (unplayed CPU team vs CPU team) games are unaffected by injury sliders.

Set MM and CFM to 99 and simmed week after week, still had a few teams finish the season with 0-2 injuries on the report. Hope I’m just missing something but my goal was to raise injury while advancing to make the CPU play some depth and add some variety to the mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »