Home

G's Madden 21 Sliders (Gameplay & XP) User VS CPU

This is a discussion on G's Madden 21 Sliders (Gameplay & XP) User VS CPU within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-27-2021, 10:29 AM   #137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: G's Madden 21 Sliders (Gameplay & XP) User VS CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by guff
So my QB has 99 on all accuracy from winning the mvp twice, and im trying to set the cap on the upper limits with his over multiple games. Over 2 games I went 83.6% adjusted accuracy with 14.9 yards / comp. That was with User catch @ 65 and only dropped 1.5% of catchable targets.

Too small of a sample size to make adjustments yet to the OP, but enough to change up what im testing as the goal is to find a min. I was about to begin at 40 acc, however was curious what u guys were experiencing with less accurate QBs?

This is what in currently testing:
Everything the same as op except:
User/Cpu
Qb acc 40/5
Catch 55 /43
Fumble 40 / 30
Int 20 / 13
Tackling 0 / 30

Ive been using the stock latest EA rosters just waiting until I have the slider set as good as we can get it here before I start a franchise. I've been using the Jags in this testing so Minshew. At 46-90 where you started it was too easy to pass, now at 43-65 it is tougher and at 43 Minshew can be pretty far off with some throws lol I'm about 55% completion but then again once I get used to a new QB ACC I seem to adjust and get better with it.

Let me know how 40 ACC and 50 CATCH plays, that might be the sweet spot there. I'll try it with minshew today and see how that goes.

EDIT: played with your all madden base set with the above sliders youre testing - loved them. 40 USER ACC actually wasnt too bad, hover around 60% with Minshew which is realistic, can't forced throws tho or it is an int, which is accurate for his overall rating of 69. My brain is now full with testing lol, I'm moving forward as:

QB ACC: 40-5
Pass block: 0-15
WR Catch: 55-43

Run Block: 0-30
Fumbles: 40-30

Pass D Reaction: 100-0
INT: 20-13
Pass coverage: 100-0

Tackle: 0-40

I increase CPU run block and tackle due to my playing style, this is what I need for USER and CPU to have 4.5 yards per rush attempt.

Last edited by Theorem008; 01-27-2021 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-27-2021, 10:42 PM   #138
Rookie

Heres what im testing, still early to change up OP but might have an update to that tonight or tomorrow.

Everything not listed below is same as OP.

User / cpu
Acc 41 / 5
Catch 62 / 43
Run block 0 / 25
Fumble 41 / 25
Int 21 / 13
Tackling 10 / 30

Block in back 58
Def PI 64
Threshold 48
Old 01-27-2021, 10:48 PM   #139
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorem008
Ive been using the stock latest EA rosters just waiting until I have the slider set as good as we can get it here before I start a franchise. I've been using the Jags in this testing so Minshew. At 46-90 where you started it was too easy to pass, now at 43-65 it is tougher and at 43 Minshew can be pretty far off with some throws lol I'm about 55% completion but then again once I get used to a new QB ACC I seem to adjust and get better with it.

Let me know how 40 ACC and 50 CATCH plays, that might be the sweet spot there. I'll try it with minshew today and see how that goes.

EDIT: played with your all madden base set with the above sliders youre testing - loved them. 40 USER ACC actually wasnt too bad, hover around 60% with Minshew which is realistic, can't forced throws tho or it is an int, which is accurate for his overall rating of 69. My brain is now full with testing lol, I'm moving forward as:

QB ACC: 40-5
Pass block: 0-15
WR Catch: 55-43

Run Block: 0-30
Fumbles: 40-30

Pass D Reaction: 100-0
INT: 20-13
Pass coverage: 100-0

Tackle: 0-40

I increase CPU run block and tackle due to my playing style, this is what I need for USER and CPU to have 4.5 yards per rush attempt.

For yards per carry, nfl average / range is:
(Average, min - max)
Offense: 4.3, 3.5 - 5.0
Defense: 4.3, 3.0 - 5.2

Based on the data i collected.

I dont try to have both sides hit the same average but rahter base it on how good my offense or defense is. This is why i like testing my sliders a few years into a cfm, i build my team very stout in certain areas to know for future CFMs that i can achieve close to that desired max/min with the right personnel.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:05 AM   #140
Rookie

Going ti be a delay on the next update, have taken a DEEP dive into the XP sliders. Working to ensure that the nymber of rookies that have starting positions match that in the nfl.

Found myself only drafting players with 1st or 2nd round grades and it just got unrealistic. I want the XP sliders naiked down as they WILL affect the sliders indirectly.

I believe the biggest problem with CFM and nailing down sliders, is the inflated overalls of the stock roster. Im considering watering down some of the top guys before starting my next cfm so that A) the rookies in the following drafts have a place and B) the developmental players on the stock rosters are not gone by year 3 and C) the Overall distribution remains the close from year one to year 20 to ensure the sliders dont have to be retooled constantly.
Old 01-28-2021, 11:40 AM   #141
Pro

Woad23's Arena

Have you considered simming 15 years before you start to get rid of inflated current players?

It was a game changer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2021, 11:42 AM   #142
MVP

TopSide83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by guff
Going ti be a delay on the next update, have taken a DEEP dive into the XP sliders. Working to ensure that the nymber of rookies that have starting positions match that in the nfl.

Found myself only drafting players with 1st or 2nd round grades and it just got unrealistic. I want the XP sliders naiked down as they WILL affect the sliders indirectly.

I believe the biggest problem with CFM and nailing down sliders, is the inflated overalls of the stock roster. Im considering watering down some of the top guys before starting my next cfm so that A) the rookies in the following drafts have a place and B) the developmental players on the stock rosters are not gone by year 3 and C) the Overall distribution remains the close from year one to year 20 to ensure the sliders dont have to be retooled constantly.
XP sliders are so important, especially if you want to do 5-10 seasons. There’s just way too many good RBS, WRS and LBS. QBs could stand to be a tad bit lower too. Meanwhile offensive lineman get totally neglected and it’s so hard to build a decent line via the draft. Every draft I end up taking a running back in round 4 with a 1st round grande and the same with WR. Free agency is also loaded with good running backs and receivers waiting to get picked up.

The majority of the time I just pass on re signing my skilled positions because it’s so easy to find some decent ones in free agency for one year non guaranteed deals before the start of the season .
Old 01-28-2021, 01:41 PM   #143
Rookie

These sliders are pretty good but the CPU is still just so bad. On 100 threshold the CPU RB does very well but then the CBS spin in place on all slants.

I'm actually in the championship game now. I've restarted the game about 15 times. No matter what, CMC only gets about 1ypc while his backups get 5-7ypc. Depends on the play really. Single back dives are the best as they can run untouched for 5-10yds. Any runs not a single back dive they simply make a weird cut inside for no gain. Completely kills their offense.

On this set Ronald Jones and CMC get about 10-20 broken tackles per game. Even at 1ypc CMC has them. It has a lot to do with threshold and pass reaction time. With reaction time at 100 the LBS fill the gaps instantly. CPU runners either change direction resulting in a TFL or simply get stonewalled.

As to what others have said, I have simulated 10-15 years ahead. I followed khalibs advice. Unfortunately, every team is the same and there are huge salary issues. In both Sims my team had 200+mil in cap space. CPU teams had 50-100mil. Player value isn't determined by weighing who is already on a team but rather their overall unrelated to the league. So my 75ovr RB (best in league) can be making 700k-1mil/year. It just doesn't work at all.

I think I'm at the point where I just can't play it anymore. Sliders can help the abysmal game play but everything in the front office is broken. It's just not possible for me to have fun with madden anymore.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:59 PM   #144
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woad23
Have you considered simming 15 years before you start to get rid of inflated current players?

It was a game changer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
For me personally, I want to have current players when I start my new CFM. However I do agree with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopSide83
XP sliders are so important, especially if you want to do 5-10 seasons. There’s just way too many good RBS, WRS and LBS. QBs could stand to be a tad bit lower too. Meanwhile offensive lineman get totally neglected and it’s so hard to build a decent line via the draft. Every draft I end up taking a running back in round 4 with a 1st round grande and the same with WR. Free agency is also loaded with good running backs and receivers waiting to get picked up.

The majority of the time I just pass on re signing my skilled positions because it’s so easy to find some decent ones in free agency for one year non guaranteed deals before the start of the season .

Well my experiment to try to manipulate the xp sliders to enure more rookies get playing time simply led to older players remaining in the league too long and killed development of young players. However I was able to retool the xp sliders a little to get a good range of overalls between each position.

Heres a breakdown of each positions overall range just before the draft for players on rosters (after free agency and just before draft)

1st = overall range for top 32 of position
2nd = 33-64
3rd = 65-96
4th = 97-128
5th = 129-160

QB: 1st: 99-76, 2nd: 76-61
RB: 1st 93-78, 2nd: 78-71, 3rd: 71-65
FB: 1st 86-67
TE: 1st 95-79, 2nd 79-70
WR: 1st 95-83, 2nd 83-78, 3rd 78-76, 4th 76-73, 5th 73-69
T: 1st 98-77
G: 1st 92-72
C: 1st 99-73
DE: 1st 98-77, 2nd 77-67
DT: 1st 97-80, 2nd 80-76, 3rd 76-69
MLB 1st 96-82, 2nd 82-76
OLB: 1st 98-79, 2nd 79-69
CB: 1st 99-83, 2nd 83-79, 3rd 79-74, 4th 74-69
FS: 1st 92-79, 2nd 79-66
SS: 1st 97-78, 2nd 78-66

The goals of the XP sliders:
1) be able to develop young players into starters without playing time.
2) Have the league overalls set up for each position so that all rookies with a 1st or 2nd round grade have a good shot at contributing and even start year 1.
3) have a good range of players, not 7x 99s in one position but maybe only the top 5 or 10 guys in the 90s depending on position.
4) have opposing positions such as as OL vs DL, WR vs CB develop at rates that keep their respective overalls close
5) have players develop fast enough so teams are not sitting on absurd amounts of free cap space

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungRice880
These sliders are pretty good but the CPU is still just so bad. On 100 threshold the CPU RB does very well but then the CBS spin in place on all slants.

I'm actually in the championship game now. I've restarted the game about 15 times. No matter what, CMC only gets about 1ypc while his backups get 5-7ypc. Depends on the play really. Single back dives are the best as they can run untouched for 5-10yds. Any runs not a single back dive they simply make a weird cut inside for no gain. Completely kills their offense.

On this set Ronald Jones and CMC get about 10-20 broken tackles per game. Even at 1ypc CMC has them. It has a lot to do with threshold and pass reaction time. With reaction time at 100 the LBS fill the gaps instantly. CPU runners either change direction resulting in a TFL or simply get stonewalled.

As to what others have said, I have simulated 10-15 years ahead. I followed khalibs advice. Unfortunately, every team is the same and there are huge salary issues. In both Sims my team had 200+mil in cap space. CPU teams had 50-100mil. Player value isn't determined by weighing who is already on a team but rather their overall unrelated to the league. So my 75ovr RB (best in league) can be making 700k-1mil/year. It just doesn't work at all.

I think I'm at the point where I just can't play it anymore. Sliders can help the abysmal game play but everything in the front office is broken. It's just not possible for me to have fun with madden anymore.

If you want a slider set to work at its peak, copy everything, then adjust slightly for your ability as a player. I noticed you said you had threshold at 100, if you look on the OP I have it set at 48. **

For the corners doing the spin on slants (which I hate as much as you), when in man coverage that at least has 1 safety over the top, use the underneath coverage adjustment pre snap. Has worked wonders for me, corners play less passive on short routes and will challenge wrs by running step for step on deep balls, also the qb will be more willing to take deep shots even though they are not automatic at all.

As for the set, I'm back to testing the sliders tonight after the late night XP testing. Things that I'm seeing:

-CPU run game needs to be more difficult to stop
-more fumbles for both sides, more specifically CPU
-more difficult user passing.

I feel like these are inching closer to being as good as it gets, but not there yet.

*edit: mixed up threshold in my comment

Last edited by guff; 01-29-2021 at 09:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »