Home

Interception Slider Suggestion

This is a discussion on Interception Slider Suggestion within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-09-2020, 10:58 AM   #1
Pro

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't really have a whole set of sliders that I am posting but one thing I noticed on a lot of people's sets is lowering of INT slider.

I've been doing this for many years as well and was usually losing interest with my franchise a season or 2 in because it became to easy. i play on All-Pro because All-Madden is just too difficult for me

This year after feeling that the CPU wasn't getting much a pass rush I decided to put my INT slider back to 50.

What I am finding is not cheap interceptions. But what it makes me do is not force throws because when I do I pay for it with legit interceptions. It also makes me take more sacks and try to get outside the pocket to throw the ball away because I know I can't just throw it up with a lower interception rate. I had an intentional grounding because I wasn't outside the tackle which I never get, This paired with forcing myself to step up in the pocket when the dlineman loop around has really made it more of a challenge.

Last night I was the Jets vs the Colts and got demolished on All-Pro. I've played a number of games like this and it makes passing much more of a challenge but in a good way.

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there for people to think about with the int slider. In fact if you are really good at the game and moving from target to target even try upping it. For me leaving it at default has been great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2020, 11:14 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Interception Slider Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
I don't really have a whole set of sliders that I am posting but one thing I noticed on a lot of people's sets is lowering of INT slider.

I've been doing this for many years as well and was usually losing interest with my franchise a season or 2 in because it became to easy. i play on All-Pro because All-Madden is just too difficult for me

This year after feeling that the CPU wasn't getting much a pass rush I decided to put my INT slider back to 50.

What I am finding is not cheap interceptions. But what it makes me do is not force throws because when I do I pay for it with legit interceptions. It also makes me take more sacks and try to get outside the pocket to throw the ball away because I know I can't just throw it up with a lower interception rate. I had an intentional grounding because I wasn't outside the tackle which I never get, This paired with forcing myself to step up in the pocket when the dlineman loop around has really made it more of a challenge.

Last night I was the Jets vs the Colts and got demolished on All-Pro. I've played a number of games like this and it makes passing much more of a challenge but in a good way.

Anyway, just wanted to throw it out there for people to think about with the int slider. In fact if you are really good at the game and moving from target to target even try upping it. For me leaving it at default has been great.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Do defenders catch too many balls on default INT (relative to real life)? Yes, absolutely!

But; this is one area where I feel that people's desire for "realism" clashes (potentially) with strong gameplay. If you're having great, challenging games on lowered INT settings; keep on going. But if you fall into the bucket of "it's too easy" on a set where this is lowered...then IMO, you're not being punished enough for making bad reads.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:20 AM   #3
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Playing with it at 35 on all-pro and I still throw too many picks. The thing is they seem legit. When I get pressured and panic and see my WR across the middle and lead him, not seeing a LB sitting right in the zone where I threw it, I pay for it now. The defense seems to always catch these now whereas in previous Madden's they often dropped them or it just hit them and bounced to the ground as I sighed in relief. Not anymore. I cannot make bad decisions and not pay for it. Which I like....kinda.

So...what does this slider even do? Make CPU players make more aggressive leaps to intercept? Make them better hold onto passes right at them? Artificially make your QB sometimes throw bad passes to create more interceptions? It's hard to tell.

Cause like I said, at 35 they are picking off every mistake I make.
Old 10-09-2020, 11:49 AM   #4
Pro

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I donít know exactly what this slider does under the hood but for me it just seems like they catch more of the intís rather than dropping them.

I mean I have mine at 50 and they still donít catch every bad throw I make. I had a game I threw 6 picks in and some Iíve thrown zero in.

I also think it separates QBís a bit because there are just throws you canít make with certain quarterbacks and if you try with lower rated guys they get picked. On the other side better Qbs just make better throws.

I tried to drop a pass to my WR with a deep safety behind him and a CB in front of him. Both about 5 yards away. I was scrambling to the right so it was a quick decision to try a touch pass with Sam Darnold. He lofted it too high and it was picked deep. Iíve had similar plays with better or hot QBs and have made that throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by cch99; 10-09-2020 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-31-2021, 03:23 PM   #5
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I had some thoughts on this I figured didn’t need its own.

I’m going to be straight here: y’all know my feelings on this game. It’s a mess... but I think they did something awesome with passing and the interception “problem” is a symptom.

To be sure, the defensive catch rate is way too high. However, WR/DB interactions and 50/50 balls have never felt as organic and satisfying in any football game I’ve played. There are a ton of problems with it... ball collision detection is badly bugged (hence balls passing through players into the defenders hands), but given the crap base code they have to work with, it’s pretty remarkable.

Here’s what they did- if you don’t lead your receiver, your QB will not, in fact, lead the receiver.

When you press a receiver icon with no additional input, your QB is aiming for the numbers. On a closely covered crossing route, for instance, this is terrible placement. To avoid interceptions in this game, you must use the left stick when passing. You have to be cognizant of ball placement.

I don’t wanna come off too praising, so let me say, the warping is awful, the dice rolls (while ABSOLUTELY A NECESSARY PART OF A SIMULATION) are way too big a part of the equation, and of course sometimes the defenders just get a ridiculous extra burst. It’s still broken, but it’s also satisfying and rewarding. When you make that perfect lead, or when you can really feel the difference between a scrub and an elite WR who fights for the ball. This is the first time in Madden I have ever felt a fondness for certain receivers over others in terms of having confidence throwing certain things.

I am in my 4th season, and I trust Deebo with my life. I know he’s gonna go get it. My 2nd year slot guy? I will skip him in the progression at times. I sneer whenever I see him as the primary.

Quick tip in addition to leading guys... have a progression in mind. At least two, preferably 3. Doesn’t matter if it’s even the right one. Just decide, pre-play, “I’m going A, Y, RB.” (There will be some variation... don’t neglect your alerts and hot reads) It’ll help you keep your eyes moving and that’s more important than knowing the correct reads for a given play. We have a bird’s eye view. Use it. It’s what makes us even able to play this game.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

ďThe only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.Ē
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »