Home

Too Much Production

This is a discussion on Too Much Production within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2020, 02:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
Too Much Production

I'm having a crap ton of fun on mostly default All Pro on PS5 at the moment. It's so much better than PS4!

I play 15 minute quarters with a 12 second accelerated clock, which is the absolute sweet spot for me in terms of total plays per game. However, both USER and CPU teams are slightly too productive in terms of yards gained. Each team is averaging about 450-500 yards a game, so I want to get this down a little. How can I do that without messing with the sliders too much?

I've brought the USER run block down because I was averaging 150-200 yards rushing per game so that seemed like an easy place to start. I'm thinking I can also drop the pass block slider by 2-5 points for each team to force more rushed or incomplete throws.

Any suggestions for ways that I can tweak the sliders ever so slightly to result in fewer successful plays? I'm really enjoying the gameplay so I don't want to mess around with it too much but would like to try and get the numbers a little more realistic.

Note: I realise that I could simply reduce the numbers of yards gained by reducing the number of minutes per quarter. However, that would mean there would be fewer plays per game, which would just create another problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2020, 04:38 AM   #2
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Re: Too Much Production

I assume you are targeting 125-140 plays per game?

Thats where the NFL is at, but if you go over the simmed boxscores...they are always around 95-120....

With that, I play on pretty much default with 10mn 20 acc clock and match the cpu simmed plays well
Old 12-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #3
Rookie

ShaneTheMaster's Arena

OVR: 2

Until coverage is fixed, raising min speed threshold to 70 helps eliminate many of the huge passing plays.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:16 PM   #4
Banned

ManyFacedMod's Arena

I use 13 min quarters with 17 sec runoff.

The amount of clock time is not so important as the number of total plays that occur. That is what is important.

In Madden, simulated CPU games average 110 plays. Someone else posted above they see anywhere from 95-120 plays per game, and they are right. And the average works out to be around 110.

So that is what you should aim for so you don’t “out produce” CPU teams. Any clock or runoff combination that achieves that is good.

In real-life, the average is more like 125 plays. EA has not had this right for years, and for some reason they never fix it. So you have to choose clock settings that intentionally keep average plays lower.

NOTE: Total plays = Throw attempts + Run attempts + sacks. It does NOT include FG’s, XP’s, kicks, punts, etc.

I personally think the problem is EA does not count totals plays properly. I think they incorrectly include kicks and FG’s in play totals. The problem is EA doesn’t realize it is messed up (or they don’t care, I dunno. It’s been wrong for years).
Old 12-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

10 minutes no accelerated clock has been outstanding for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-25-2020, 04:06 PM   #6
MVP

prey2god's Arena

I use 12 min quarters with 15 sec run off. I get about 120 plays per game average.

It really depends on what sliders you're running with.
Old 12-26-2020, 12:25 AM   #7
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

10 with 20 acc is my jam

Sent from my REVVLRY using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-26-2020, 01:41 AM   #8
I smell sulfur...

Kodii Rockets's Arena

OVR: 12

12 min Quarters, 13 second runoff

Just enough so that we get 105-110 plays in.
Quarters long enough that you can still run the ball a bit down 14 in the 4th, and not have to get too predictable with the offense.
13 second acc clock ensures that you will have to actually use those TOs sometimes as well.

Follow this link to view 10 Yard Fight on Operation Sports >>10YF on OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »