Home

Dev Trait Management Sliders

This is a discussion on Dev Trait Management Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2020, 05:40 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Dev Trait Management Sliders

Curious how everyone is handling the Desired X-Factor, Superstar, and Star Dev Player sliders? Right now I have them at default, but was contemplating lowering the Superstar from 75 to 50. And the Star Dev Players at 400 just seems like a big number - that's like 23-24% of players (53 man roster x 32 teams).

Maybe the respective default values are necessary for proper league/game balance?

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2020, 06:49 PM   #2
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Dev Trait Management Sliders

Was thinking about making this a thread myself. So I'm glad it is here.

So to keep this short:
- I am a superstar ability ON player.
- the abilities are fine in game
- however I think many many players abilities are poorly assigned.
- after spending a few hours playing with editing each position group & their abilities
( a con ; some abilities are things guys should have but they don't fit into the Rating threshold to unlock)
(( the second con: is some abilities are tied to certain slots.. many guys would perform more true to life with certain abilities but just having different slots means they can only get one group a & group b rather than 2 from group A. ))

I think superstar should be at 100. And maybe star at 425 that gives 50 players a season (1.5625 breakout performers per team each year on a team to grow into a broader role.. there will be older SS that regress.

But I like the challenge & potential special usage of ability players..

So my personal preference is to re-edit nearly every player with abilities.

When editing I found abilities like route technichians.. matter of fact I think only 1 player has it if any & its none of the mentioned..

and none of these are applied to guys like Keenan allen, Stefon Diggs, Allen Robinson, Cooper kupp, devante adams,

If these were applied these guys would win more and we should see the effect in gameplay vs them with them user control or CPU stats.. we should see these guys cook opposition's and get open so they can have those 8-15 catch games multiple times a season.

Wr stats are an issue to me.. Madden literally fails to have guys catch 100+ balls a year and even the elite guys struggle to get over 85...

I'll share a video link with this work sometime in next few weeks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 12-01-2020, 03:34 AM   #3
MVP

I have them all set at the minimum at this time. I run my franchise a bit different. I want development traits to be constantly changing. For someone to be a superstar development for 10 years should be rare. Players should move up and down. I want a lot of development to occur during preseason creating position battles. I crank xp sliders to 300 for preseason week one through training in week one of the regular season. Then in the regular season and playoffs I back them off to around 50 with adjustments for positions depending on how many 90 plus players j have in each position group. This is working well for me and as I don't like the development predictability that has been in madden for so long. Players seldom maintain the a superior development traits through their careers and with adjusting the in season XP progressikn doesn't get out of hand
Old 12-16-2020, 03:28 PM   #4
Pro

Executor's Arena

OVR: 1

Does anyone have an idea at what point of the (franchise mode) season the game engine re-calculates all dev traits to get the desired / set number of players for each trait?

E.g., is it after the end of regular season, or after Super Bowl, or after draft...?
Marshall Thundering Herd
Los Angeles Dodgers

"Greater than I, lesser than I, what does it matter to my functioning?"
(Steve Perry: Shadows of the Empire)
Old 12-16-2020, 05:54 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

I’m not sure if the superstar on is good or not. I thought having it on was a gimmick that made that player play way better. More arcade.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2020, 06:14 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubs3141
I’m not sure if the superstar on is good or not. I thought having it on was a gimmick that made that player play way better. More arcade.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
When it first came out, I agree, it was Arcade. But I’ve been playing with it on for the past couple of months and have grown to love it. Seems like on offense, the guys that have the abilities get more targets/carries. Seems like it helps play calling because of this.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-17-2020, 08:38 PM   #7
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Does anyone have an idea at what point of the (franchise mode) season the game engine re-calculates all dev traits to get the desired / set number of players for each trait?

E.g., is it after the end of regular season, or after Super Bowl, or after draft...?
I believe this happens when you advance to Superbowl week. At least that's when the dev progression was for Madden 20. I don't think it notifies you though. You have to look at each player to see if they got the bump up or dropped down.

Sent from my HD1925 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-18-2020, 09:18 AM   #8
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor

The end of the regular season.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »