Home

Schnaidt1's Madden 21 Next Gen Sliders

This is a discussion on Schnaidt1's Madden 21 Next Gen Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-09-2021, 04:41 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Schnaidt1's Madden 21 Next Gen Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
Cpu edits are def needed, but gameplay is pretty darn good right now

https://youtu.be/YjEEL1T_8ss

Hey schnaidt, on one of your recent streams you said you are now using cpu qb edits for next gen.

Are these the same ones you previously recommended? Can you please clarify? Thanks.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:51 PM   #58
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Yes, same ones except I'm changing to improvisor instead of scrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakersville123
Hey schnaidt, on one of your recent streams you said you are now using cpu qb edits for next gen.

Are these the same ones you previously recommended? Can you please clarify? Thanks.

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 02-09-2021, 07:33 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, same ones except I'm changing to improvisor instead of scrambler

Thanks. Got my hands on a series X. Ordered a physical copy of next gen M21. Going to try playing all week 1 games OOTB no patches. Then update and rerun. Curious to see how cpu qb play is unpatched vs patched.

Current gen, there’s really only two viable archetypes in game. Improviser and scrambler. Was hoping next gen fixed this...
Old 02-09-2021, 08:32 PM   #60
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Thanks. Got my hands on a series X. Ordered a physical copy of next gen M21. Going to try playing all week 1 games OOTB no patches. Then update and rerun. Curious to see how cpu qb play is unpatched vs patched.

Current gen, there’s really only two viable archetypes in game. Improviser and scrambler. Was hoping next gen fixed this...
Dang man where you've been lol

Playing:
Old 02-09-2021, 09:02 PM   #61
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milticket
Dang man where you've been lol

Ha! What’s up my man! Honestly, I’ve been heads down for the last 1.5 years continuing development of my own football game. Got to a good point to come up for air for a bit. Totally skipped M20. Don’t want to derail this thread but covered a ton of ground the past year for physics based 3D gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2021, 01:48 PM   #62
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

It felt like it was when i streamed day 1.... Along the line though, they messed it up
Quote:

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 02-10-2021, 02:52 PM   #63
Rookie

Schnaidt1's Madden 21 Next Gen Sliders

Quote:
It felt like it was when i streamed day 1.... Along the line though, they messed it up
Your most recent stream vs Cowboys, cpu Prescott was moving around the pocket very realistically and also (over)throwing on the run. Looked great. I’ll have to double check his archetype but guessing improviser.

Seems like with the other two archetypes, if all receivers are blanketed it triggers the backup glitch. I reviewed patch notes and didn’t see anything that directly changes cpu qb behavior, but lots of coverage changes. My guess it’s changes to coverage that broke something in the very complicated legacy cpu qb logic files. I’m sure it’s much the same as M19/20 from the legacy qb files in frosty. I had gone thru the M19 files with Sabo and we made some good changes to timers for the three trait types. Pocket etc. in terms of how long they waited to scramble. You could also change a timer that would make them check for an open rec while scrambling vs binary take off and run every time. Very convoluted logic trees. A ton of if/then stuff.

Last edited by bakersville123; 02-10-2021 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-10-2021, 07:25 PM   #64
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

Yes, you are correct. Dak is improvisor by default. So i only changed is carrying and ball carrier vision (both to 99)

My only mistake was i forgot to change is force passes trait to balanced. (Ideal is the worst)

But improvisor is def goals for strong cpu qb play
Quote:
Your most recent stream vs Cowboys, cpu Prescott was moving around the pocket very realistically and also (over)throwing on the run. Looked great. I’ll have to double check his archetype but guessing improviser.

Seems like with the other two archetypes, if all receivers are blanketed it triggers the backup glitch. I reviewed patch notes and didn’t see anything that directly changes cpu qb behavior, but lots of coverage changes. My guess it’s changes to coverage that broke something in the very complicated legacy cpu qb logic files. I’m sure it’s much the same as M19/20 from the legacy qb files in frosty. I had gone thru the M19 files with Sabo and we made some good changes to timers for the three trait types. Pocket etc. in terms of how long they waited to scramble. You could also change a timer that would make them check for an open rec while scrambling vs binary take off and run every time. Very convoluted logic trees. A ton of if/then stuff.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »