Home

Increasing the # of penalties

This is a discussion on Increasing the # of penalties within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-24-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Increasing the # of penalties

I just recently got Madden 21 for PS4 and have started a new Franchise playing coach mode. I’ve been playing on both pro and all-pro levels, but I’m only getting typically one or two penalties combined for both teams per game. I’ve tried different penalty sliders, including having them all maxed to 99 (except RTP). I’ve also tried setting them in the main menu, then importing into my franchise; and set them at 50 in the main menu, imported then set them to 99 in the Franchise. Nothing has helped. Are others experiencing this problem with so few penalties? Is there anything I can do to increase the number of penalties? I know Madden can be very ‘fickle’ and I know a realistic # of penalties aren’t Madden’s strong suit, but I was hoping something would help to generate at least more penalties than one or two per game. Can anyone provide any help?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2021, 08:33 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Increasing the # of penalties

Holding calls will get called more if you have it on 99 and adjust blocking to aggressive

Sent from my SM-G960U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-26-2021, 06:38 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

Penalties are also driven by player rating of Undisciplined. Most are Normal or Disciplined which means they rarely get penalized.

C
Old 01-26-2021, 03:55 PM   #4
Rookie

Thanks for the replies. I considered changing blocking aggression, but I can only do it for my team, so that doesn’t work trying to keep things fair for both sides. Also, For one game, I did change every player on my team and the team I was playing against one notch down in discipline, e.g. moved disciplined to normal, and normal to undisciplined. This didn’t seem to have any affect on # of penalties called. Has anyone else tried this?

I was wondering if there may be some type of ‘trigger’ in the main menu settings that needs to be changed for penalties to be called? Also, would be interested in anyone else’s experience with sliders, ie do you get more penalties maxing out the sliders, or more if you don’t?

Especially would be interested in anyone else that plays coach mode to find out what their experience has been.

I like much about how this game plays, but without penalties, it just doesn’t simulate real football. Any other help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-26-2021, 04:10 PM   #5
Banned

Penalties are non-existent for the most part. Undisciplined OL will false start more often, and Undisciplined DL will be offside more often. Undisciplined CBs will get called for PI more often.

Now, "more often" does not = frequently. It's just more likely that those players who are Undisciplined will get called...if and when that ever happens.

This is a sore point for many gamers. EA pretty much refuses to put in penalties because many gamers think they slow the game down and takes the control out of their hands. Especially those who play in tournaments or competitive mode.

Simple solution - activate for Sim mode and lessen or deactivate for the other two modes. Not sure why they can't, or don't, institute this.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2021, 05:11 PM   #6
Rookie

Thanks Capa - When you say “activate for Sim mode and lessen or deactivate for the other two modes”, I’m not sure what you mean? Exactly, how do you do this?
Old 01-26-2021, 07:47 PM   #7
Banned

We can't..it's what EA needs to do to satisfy sm based players. Many people have asked them to do this but they have not as of yet. I think part of the reason is they want animations to show the penalty, and they have not mastered that yet. You should be able to replay the down and see the actual penalty committed. They have one for def PI but that's about it.

C
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1903
Thanks Capa - When you say “activate for Sim mode and lessen or deactivate for the other two modes”, I’m not sure what you mean? Exactly, how do you do this?
Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-28-2021, 04:12 PM   #8
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Penalties are also driven by player rating of Undisciplined. Most are Normal or Disciplined which means they rarely get penalized.

C
I guess what you could do is edit rosters and move all disciplined to normal and leave undisciplined as is. A bit of a lengthy process but could work?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »