Home

Cpu vs cpu TE #1 receiver

This is a discussion on Cpu vs cpu TE #1 receiver within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2021, 11:12 AM   #9
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu vs cpu TE #1 receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I've read some of the responses in this thread and TBH I don't think you need to really edit the ratings or change the schemes at all.

If I understand you correctly your playing CPU VS CPU

If that's the case the primary thing you would need to to do is lower the Player Speed Threshold.

The WR's don't get much separation with threshold up high and in return the CPU QB is going to throw to the 1st player he sees open and usually that's the TE on a higher threshold setting.

I understand some of the things that EA stated about threshold in previous years. But you have to ask yourself is EA really sitting around and testing their own sliders to watch a CPU VS CPU GAME or even HUMAN VS CPU GAME?

In theory some of things they've said from what I've read about The Player Speed Threshold all sounds good if it only effected player speed.

But that's most likely taking into account Competive Play only.

Threshold effects actual gameplay to....

I've watched and played games with a low threshold and the WR's have often gotten more targets without me changing a single Playbook or editing any of the TE's.

I'm on NG gameplay btw which may or may not deliver the same variables as Current Gen.

Here's an example

At the half of my game right now I have threshold at 25, QBA at 70 & Pass Block at 50.

The CPU controlled Jared Goff is 14/25-205 58%

His pass distribution is as follow:

Kupp 3-58 19.3 avg
Henderson 4-57, 1 TD (Screen pass that went for a 42 yard score to my surprise)
Woods 3-46
Reynolds 2-26
Higbee 1-15
Brown 1-3

I utilize the no switch rule on defense so even though this game is human vs CPU gameplay by me not switching off on defense it's very similar to a CPU vs CPU game.

But again even in watched games I'm getting the same results where the WR's are getting more targets than the TE's and I believe that is a direct result of a lower gameplay threshold that allows them to get open quicker.

Hope that helps you out.
I can confirm the lower threshold. I also am doing a cpu vs cpu on NG. I have everything at default and have just been moving Threshold. default (50) I saw more HB TE passes. I am using 35 currently, and am seeing some AMAZING catches and animations by WR's. Short, Medium and even some deep shots. Both for and against me. The other big thing I noticed, (no to get off subject) is the running game. Really amazing the animations I am seeing now.

EDIT: Just to add, I have not done one edit to any players. No rating changes, qb edits or anything. Well except Cap and Gordon. I edit both of them in preseason the first year so they dont show up anywhere.

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Just have fun and play :)

Last edited by forme95; 02-23-2021 at 11:24 AM. Reason: just to add
Old 02-28-2021, 10:37 AM   #10
MVP

forme95's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu vs cpu TE #1 receiver

Also curious, which roster are you using? Active, or 75 man pre season? I noticed using the active roster, the TE is a big part of games. Just a thought.

F1 23 My Team S2
GT7 Dabble

Just have fun and play :)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »